MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by slowriot View Post
    eat carrots only, for a day ---> done
    My sister ate too many carrots as a baby. She turned orange. I just wanted to eat meat.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

ThatGirl

Ha, me too. As a kid I would opt for steak over desert any day.

Okay, update.

Today I had coffee for breakfast, ate a yogurt before lunch, then at lunch had another of those carrot, sugar snap, and cheese meals.

I drank water instead of soda, with the exception of my daily 44oz diet coke. Non negotiable.

I haven't eaten dinner or done any work out yet. Will do the work out, probably not those lunges, or the walking.....

Fine, I didnt stick to the diet, and I am only doing sit ups tonight.....:/ and realistically speaking I am probably not going to eat dinner. If I do get hungry though, I have already decided I am going to have wheat thins and pepper jack dipped in mustard and hot sauce.....

Is a work in progress people.

ThatGirl

Okay that was stupid. I am going to do the sit ups, then take TK around for a walk while I do my laundry, then eat some wheat thins. Sigh. The squats need a better motivator.

Be back when I have completed that much, not allowed back, till that much is finished. >.<

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Wheat thins and pepper jack cheese are not bad choices, actually, in context of the fact that wheat thins are whole grain, and mustard is low-calorie and fat-free, and hot sauce has like almost zero calories and helps speed up with metabolism.

That really isn't so bad, especially considering how low your calorie intake was the rest of the day. There are worse things!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

I think this sounds like progress anyway, TG. Maybe instead of trying to do it all in 30 days, if you assess each day by whether you are going in a better direction or a worse one than the day before, that is a good place to start. I'm working on that, anyway! Do you feel sick when you eat more, are you busy, is the food just not around, is money an issue, or do you feel guilty eating? I think if you can narrow down what the reason is, it will help you in dealing with it. Coffee is not a meal!!! I worry about you! Eat!

ThatGirl

Annnnd back!

That's what I thought too Marm.

Fidelia, yes I feel very bad the more I eat, especially when my metabolism is low. I am very sensitive to chemicals, and MSG. See thread "What is the deal with sodium," or something like that. So I get dizzy, lethargic, honestly the more I eat the more it seems like I smoked a huge bag of marijuana. :/

It is also a time issue. I don't want to stop and eat. I have always hated making a production out of a meal. Dinner dates.....ugh. I am either eating or doing something else, and as odd as this sounds, I tend to view eating as a lesser priority.

Also, I don't keep a lot of good food on hand. This is because it tends to go bad before I have a chance to get around to it. So, packaged and slowly perishable foods ftw. Go ramen!

Also, between work (which is a desk job) and school, I sit a lot. So even though I am active, I am not physically active. I tend to think three meals a day was developed when people were raising barns every day.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    I think this sounds like progress anyway, TG. Maybe instead of trying to do it all in 30 days, if you assess each day by whether you are going in a better direction or a worse one than the day before, that is a good place to start. I'm working on that, anyway! Do you feel sick when you eat more, are you busy, is the food just not around, is money an issue, or do you feel guilty eating? I think if you can narrow down what the reason is, it will help you in dealing with it. Coffee is not a meal!!! I worry about you! Eat!
    I agree with fidelia - limit your eating like that is worrisome. Think about it in terms of quality, not quantity; follow a balanced diet, and get enough calories in each day. Find healthy food you like, so you won't be miserable. That way, it won't feel like a chore - it'll be a positive lifestyle change.

Also, I agree with the 30-day complaint - you probably shouldn't think of this as a temporary thing. If you tell yourself it's only temporary, then you'll go back to your old ways once the 30 days are up, and you'll gain all the weight back. So if you want to lose weight for good, then you need to think about how you want to eat and exercise in the long term.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

ThatGirl

Also, I did my sit ups.

Then I sorted the laundry and walked down the stairs to put it in. Then around the block up the stairs to return the soap, around the block, then up the stairs to let TK go to the bathroom. Around the block, up the stairs to get the softener.....you get the idea.

I ate tortilla chips and salsa, since I realized TK ate all the wheat thins, with pepper jack cheese and Tapatio.

ThatGirl

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    LOL, there is a trend on this thread (even now):
    TG: "I am going to diet insanely for 30 days!"
    Everyone else: "But you don't need to!!! "
    TG: (ignores everyone): "Today I exercised a lot and ate almost nothing."
    Everyone else: "But that's bad for you!!! "
    TG: (ignores everyone)

So I don't know if this will get ignored too, but seriously, you shouldn't think of this as a temporary thing - just like what fidelia said. If you tell yourself it's only temporary, then you'll go back to your old ways once the 30 days are up, and you'll gain all the weight back. So if you want to lose weight for good, then you need to think about how you want to eat and exercise in the long term - i.e. FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE. And just like fidelia said, eat more food. Don't think about it in terms of quantity of food. Remember to follow a balanced diet, and get enough calories in each day. There's a recommended number, you know - keep that in mind.
    It is actually more about maintaining a weight. Also, yeah, I am not looking at the overall. I am going to see how the next 30 days work, maximizing the full potential of the effort, then reassess.

Also, by skinny, I mean I just want to fit in the clothes I own again.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    It is actually more about maintaining a weight. Also, yeah, I am not looking at the overall. I am going to see how the next 30 days work, maximizing the full potential of the effort, then reassess.

Also, by skinny, I mean I just want to fit in the clothes I own again.
    Ok Sorry about that. I got concerned by the post where you were talking about "not sticking to the diet", and skipping meals. When I hear people talk like that, I tend to go on Te ranting autopilot about my anti-dieting philosophy Sounds like you have a plan though. Reassessing = always good.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!