User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Sounds like you're taking good steps in the right direction though. Keep up the good work! TK will be one of your best pieces of exercise equipment! There are a lot of exercises you can do without equipment: pushups, crunches (sit ups can be hard on your back, so be careful!), planks, pushups, squats and lunges. If you can combine more than one major muscle group, it's even better. For example, lifting a four gallon jug filled with water or a couple of cans of something will work out your arms at the same time as your legs while you do squats or lunges. Anything involving squatting and then jumping, or lunges with a jump into the opposite side's lunch etc will also burn more calories and build muscle faster (plyometrics).

ThatGirl

Thanks everyone, all very excellent ideas I am incorporating. The problem with my metabolism is that is sucks the life out of anything I eat right now. So that all seems like a lot of food, lol. I still haven't eaten dinner yet. Going off a half a snack pack today :/

Hopefully tomorrow works out better.

Also yes, when I have the time I do cook full meals, like chicken and rice, pasta, enchiladas etc. The problem is that I freeze them in the Ziplock containers, and that those are worth like 3 meals.

I also hate to see food go to waste. When I keep fresh veggies and salad on hand, I feel the need to eat it, or it goes in the trash because I cannot finish it in time.

That's a lot of pressure! Lol.

Not to mention, a waste of money.

I will try to incorporate a yogurt for breakfast tomorrow. Maybe the snack pack at lunch, and some sort of dinner.

violaine

I don't know if anyone has said it already but if you are eating three meals a day, breakfast should be your biggest meal. It kick-starts your metabolism. Dinner should be a fairly small portion by comparison and try not to eat it too late. Don't skip it though, better to eat late than not eat. Five small meals a day is the better way to go imo but it might take some working up to.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

TG the amount of food you're eating (or rather not eating) looks like an eating disorder. If you are eating that little number calories on a regular basis, then occassionally allowing yourself to eat normal meals, or eating larger meals to overcompensate, that's why you're gaining weight. Your body thinks it's starving.

I wouldn't worry too much about having salad things and veggies stocked up in your fridge - veggies are so low in calories and are usually fat free, or have trace amounts of healthy "good" fats, that you could eat vegetables all day long. Many diet plans allow you to eat fruit and vegetables without portion control as long as you aren't adding fattening dressings or sugary dips or spreads to them.

FigerPuppet

Eat lots of Ascaris lumbricoides eggs.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    TG the amount of food you're eating (or rather not eating) looks like an eating disorder. If you are eating that little number calories on a regular basis, then occassionally allowing yourself to eat normal meals, or eating larger meals to overcompensate, that's why you're gaining weight. Your body thinks it's starving.
    This.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

Oh and your skinny, eat some more red meat.

Had to be said.

He who laughs
    Enneagram
    5w4

eat carrots only, for a day ---> done

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Has anyone suggested this??

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQYVRr0EYBA"].[/YOUTUBE]

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

I think you should eat pre-planned meals at set times, whether they look good or sound good to you or not, and whether you are hungry or not. Choke down a boiled egg or chug a shake for breakfast at the same time every day, eat at least a protein bar (if you're not going to do Atkins) at the same lunch time every day, eat some meat and a vegetable or two or three every evening at the same time. Just do it.

And have food ready like Fidelia said -- that food stays good for several days in the refrigerator. If you freeze in big ziplocs, get the smaller sized ziplocs, yo. If you have food available, it's easier not to go off on a tangent.

Sometimes I have food that I've made for myself at home in the refrigerator, but I get it into my head that I want something else. I've found if I just heat up the food I made and planned on, it's pretty darn tasty once I start eating it.

Take a multivitamin. You're not getting enough nutrition.