User Tag List

First 123412 Last

Do not ignore hypothyroidism. You won't like the result.

ThatGirl

I know this, actually it isn't hypo strictly. It is the one that fluctuates in bouts of hyper and hypo. The diagnoses as the doctor explained it to me.

I do intend to have the medical portion taken care of as soon as I can.

In the mean time I suppose I am looking for a concrete way to battle the effects.

Like eat this in the morning, this at this time, this, then not that....

I will give some of the suggestions in this thread a shot, also thank you to Tantive via chat.

Tomorrow I will post an update.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Cut out sugar and alcohol. Eat whole grains rather than white starches.

However, I really don't think you're chubby. You've told me your weight and it's a decent weight for your height. I honestly think you want to be underweight.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

the atkins diet totally works but i swear it screws up your metabolism. i did it years ago and my metabolism is back to normal now but that year or so after i gained weight really easily so it's kind of made me never want to do it again....but i'd maybe do a modified one...like watching carbs later in the day...only eating healthy carbs, limiting sugar and processed foods...lots of lean protein, vegetables and fruit.

you don't look overweight to me either tho but eating healthy and working out is a good idea for anyone so just do that if you're not and it should make ya feel better...oh and 100 squats and situps a day and an hour walk. good luck tg.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

http://www.everythingatkins.net/samplemenus.html

You can definitely meet your goal if you stick to those meal plans. You lose weight very fast.

ThatGirl

Okay, so I am going to try to do the Adkins one posted, since it sounds close what I normally eat, just with less Ramen. I refuse to snack on bacon and cheddar cheese though. I think having a schedule will remind me to eat more. To be honest, I usually have a top ramen with mass amounts of chili sauce around 10 at night, and survive on coffee during the day.

I do 100 cruches daily anyway, I will change those to sit ups. The squats are going to kill me. The walking not so bad, I will skip my lunch time nap to walk to the market for my coffee and lunch.

Today I ate a ramen, and a can of progresso chicken noodle soup. I will start the schedule tomorrow.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Your problem then is that you're not eating enough. You can't put 10 tanks worth of gas in your car at once to save having to fill up, and your body is no different. You actually need to eat enough calories to be able to lose weight. Small meals, but all throughout the day.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    Your problem then is that you're not eating enough. You can't put 10 tanks worth of gas in your car at once to save having to fill up, and your body is no different. You actually need to eat enough calories to be able to lose weight. Small meals, but all throughout the day.
    I'm not sure I get this. Does it have something to do with metabolism?

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

ThatGirl

I think it has to do with getting your body to function correctly.

My idea is that if I am GAINING weight on a top ramen and some coffee a day maybe a little more on the weekends, I need a healthier system. Theory, eat more of the right stuff to function properly. Lose, and hopefully not gain more weight.

Preferably without losing all control and wanting to eat everything in sight.

*Fingers crossed*

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    I'm not sure I get this. Does it have something to do with metabolism?
    Yes, if you eat too little your body goes into starvation mode and slows down your metabolism. It's generally not wise to go below a certain number of calories, unless it's just for a few days or a week.

Eating small healthy meals revs your metabolism.