• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Get TG Skinny in 30 Days or Less

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
It's okay to take a day or two off from exercising if you're that sore and have over-exerted yourself.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Stole this from lame facebook article, but is helpful and true: "Resistant starches: Bananas, Oatmeal, White beans, Lentils, Potatoes, Plantains, Garbanzo beans, Pearl barley, Whole-wheat pasta & Brown rice."

Those are good carbs.

T

ThatGirl

I will admit I am losing steam.

Today I ate the usual, plus a smart one thai something.

I went to the gym to swim, opened my eyes under water, and got an intense chemical burn. Most of the night I have been trying to douse them in water and artificial tears. But the pain and tearfulness is making me so uncomfortable. I am getting nauseous, can see 1/3 of what I did before and feel ill.

It was a good work out though. Will do my sit ups.

On the (not so) plus side, I feel like I used muscles in my body long forgotten.

:/

Curator

Another awesome member.
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
Heres a good article by a friend of mine on raising strength and conditioning... its great, and can apply to men and women, one thing id like to point out, its really not good for you to have a really seriously intense workout more than 3 times a week (I do Monday, Wednesday, Friday, then chill all weekend) I tend to do some light cardio on the days in between, but I found that once I started a set schedule, and got good rest between my intense workouts, I got much much better results.
(also, burpees are awesome...)
http://vegankingdom.co.uk/?p=207

T

ThatGirl

TG is taking the weekend off.

Will post again Monday.

Oh and good point curator. The swimming is making me sore. I thought about alternating swimming and walking.

T

ThatGirl

Semi update:

I took my lunch time walk but I am not eating most of my snack pack lunch. Why?!?

Because I set it up and started eating...mmmm carrots and chalula. The I pick up a sugar snap to feel a slimy texture on my fingers.

I look down and it and the rest of the veggies were covered with a white milky slime all over them.

Not like regular mold... Wtf was that!!!

Now I feel like throwing up. And I threw my lunch away. Forgot my yogurt this morning.

After work I am going to my water aerobics class.

If I get to the market in time afterward I will try to pick up some dinner. Otherwise, I may just skip it and get something to eat tomorrow.

Sigh...

Curator

Another awesome member.
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
holy cow, I have no idea, ive never had anything like that on my veggies...weirdness... welcome back btw

T

ThatGirl

Thanks,

After further googling, I think it was a bacterial slime. Still gross, but you have no idea where my imagination went....

I ended up not going to the gym today. As a matter of fact this was the second time I sat in front of it, and didn't enter. Instead I went home and did my taxes.

I got to thinking, that I may be setting myself up for failure by replacing things that work fine with things that work better. Always a down fall of mine. When I go walking around the block I usually have TK with me, but he was starting to get tired. So this gym thing comes up and I am like score, and run head on into that.

Thing is, it isnt as good to go the gym. For one thing it takes twice as much time to go to the gym for an hour work out as it does to just walk from start point to finish in one hour. You have to drive there, change, work out, change, drive back. What a pain in the ass.

Not only that but you know I have TK, so I cant really justify showing up two hours late from work everyday, for the work out I could achieve in an hour elsewhere. The gym has a daycare, but factor in going to pick tk up, driving across town, driving back, working out, diving back. Who has time for that type of production.

I think that is why I have been hesitant lately. Or like, not even wanting to start the entire production.

Today I went back to just walking. I figure I will save swimming (even though it is a better workout) for the weekends or when I am back in school, I can go around 11pm and tk is already in bed, so it wont matter WHEN I get there, as long as I get there.

Believe it or not, figuring that out helped me to sort of re-kickstart my momentum. It doesn't have to be that hard, watch what you eat, walk, and do a few sit ups...what is the big deal?

Curator

Another awesome member.
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
The best workout is the one you enjoy doing, cause youl do it a lot more often!!! swimming to often also has some negative side effects in the long term (weakening of the skeleton and whatnot) plus the walking can be a fun bonding experience with you and TK (is TK a child? edit: just checked your profile, duh, I should have to begin with,lol... so now I know TK is a child...) I used to love going on bike rides and walks with my mom when I was little, even though I would get pretty tired,lol

Curator

Another awesome member.
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww <3 I already know your a good mom, without even knowing you,lol.

T

ThatGirl

Ha! You know sometimes I just have to laugh at how the progression of life sets you up for certain moments of clarity and transition.

I didn't want you guys thinking I am a flake so I am posting one final update...

Speaking of TK. This morning I promised him I would buy him breakfast if he went really fast in getting ready (he drags his feet every morning, needs to learn to hustle).

So he did, and as promised I took him. The place we went was soooooo fucking slow. It was just fast food, but after 20min of waiting and stuck in line, I was getting pissed. So tk keeps talking about how we must have patience, and how excited he is about taking his fast food breakfast into school (simple pleasures). That's when I yell "yeah I will have all the patience in the world when I get fired!"

I looked at him and the look on his face was something I will never forget. It was as if he understood how his happiness burdened me. He sunk back in his seat and said, "I don't want you to get fired mom."

So this exercise thing, while helping me get into shape also leaves me alone with just my thoughts for a while. During my walk today, I started to think about how TK felt.

I could see where it came from. I do do do, for him and then I need a break I disconnect into my own mental space. I go to school. On this forum.

I realized I give my thoughts and mind to everyone else but the one person who might actually benefit from it.

Anyway, everything seemed pretty clear.

I've decided to take some time away from the forum again. So I am not going to finish out this thread. Though I assure you I will keep up the regimen.

Consider it a success if I never come back. wish me luck!

Sorry for the emo post!

Fuck you all! Rot in hell losers! ;)

Curator

Another awesome member.
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
Goodluck TG, I hope you have fun and find everything your looking for while your away <3good luck again:)