First 311121314 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

It's okay to take a day or two off from exercising if you're that sore and have over-exerted yourself.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Stole this from lame facebook article, but is helpful and true: "Resistant starches: Bananas, Oatmeal, White beans, Lentils, Potatoes, Plantains, Garbanzo beans, Pearl barley, Whole-wheat pasta & Brown rice."

Those are good carbs.

ThatGirl

I will admit I am losing steam.

Today I ate the usual, plus a smart one thai something.

I went to the gym to swim, opened my eyes under water, and got an intense chemical burn. Most of the night I have been trying to douse them in water and artificial tears. But the pain and tearfulness is making me so uncomfortable. I am getting nauseous, can see 1/3 of what I did before and feel ill.

It was a good work out though. Will do my sit ups.

On the (not so) plus side, I feel like I used muscles in my body long forgotten.

:/

Another awesome member. Curator's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram

Heres a good article by a friend of mine on raising strength and conditioning... its great, and can apply to men and women, one thing id like to point out, its really not good for you to have a really seriously intense workout more than 3 times a week (I do Monday, Wednesday, Friday, then chill all weekend) I tend to do some light cardio on the days in between, but I found that once I started a set schedule, and got good rest between my intense workouts, I got much much better results.
    (also, burpees are awesome...)
    http://vegankingdom.co.uk/?p=207

ThatGirl

TG is taking the weekend off.

Will post again Monday.

Oh and good point curator. The swimming is making me sore. I thought about alternating swimming and walking.

ThatGirl

Semi update:

I took my lunch time walk but I am not eating most of my snack pack lunch. Why?!?

Because I set it up and started eating...mmmm carrots and chalula. The I pick up a sugar snap to feel a slimy texture on my fingers.

I look down and it and the rest of the veggies were covered with a white milky slime all over them.

Not like regular mold... Wtf was that!!!

Now I feel like throwing up. And I threw my lunch away. Forgot my yogurt this morning.

After work I am going to my water aerobics class.

If I get to the market in time afterward I will try to pick up some dinner. Otherwise, I may just skip it and get something to eat tomorrow.

Sigh...

MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram

holy cow, I have no idea, ive never had anything like that on my veggies...weirdness... welcome back btw

ThatGirl

Thanks,

After further googling, I think it was a bacterial slime. Still gross, but you have no idea where my imagination went....

I ended up not going to the gym today. As a matter of fact this was the second time I sat in front of it, and didn't enter. Instead I went home and did my taxes.

I got to thinking, that I may be setting myself up for failure by replacing things that work fine with things that work better. Always a down fall of mine. When I go walking around the block I usually have TK with me, but he was starting to get tired. So this gym thing comes up and I am like score, and run head on into that.

Thing is, it isnt as good to go the gym. For one thing it takes twice as much time to go to the gym for an hour work out as it does to just walk from start point to finish in one hour. You have to drive there, change, work out, change, drive back. What a pain in the ass.

Not only that but you know I have TK, so I cant really justify showing up two hours late from work everyday, for the work out I could achieve in an hour elsewhere. The gym has a daycare, but factor in going to pick tk up, driving across town, driving back, working out, diving back. Who has time for that type of production.

I think that is why I have been hesitant lately. Or like, not even wanting to start the entire production.

Today I went back to just walking. I figure I will save swimming (even though it is a better workout) for the weekends or when I am back in school, I can go around 11pm and tk is already in bed, so it wont matter WHEN I get there, as long as I get there.

Believe it or not, figuring that out helped me to sort of re-kickstart my momentum. It doesn't have to be that hard, watch what you eat, walk, and do a few sit ups...what is the big deal?

MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram

The best workout is the one you enjoy doing, cause youl do it a lot more often!!! swimming to often also has some negative side effects in the long term (weakening of the skeleton and whatnot) plus the walking can be a fun bonding experience with you and TK (is TK a child? edit: just checked your profile, duh, I should have to begin with,lol... so now I know TK is a child...) I used to love going on bike rides and walks with my mom when I was little, even though I would get pretty tired,lol

ThatGirl

Ha! TK=Thatkid

Yeah....