User Tag List

First 89101112 Last

ThatGirl

Actually ramen is loaded with MSG. But it is easy to prepare. What I do is cook the noodles via microwave, then drain them, add about a half packet (if that) of seasoning, douse it with vinegar, and add a tablespoon of garlic chili sauce.

It is substantial, because it is food. Not heavy, light, and satisfying.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Yeah, you could make some brown rice just as quickly in the microwave, and it would have a hell of lot less fat and sodium, better carbs, et al. It's just that you'd have to eat something with it, and you don't like beans.

You clearly don't like to cook.

Whole grain bread with peanut butter and honey?

Cracked wheat or rye crackers with cheese?

violaine

I'm talking about the front on view wrt to the square waist thing I've observed in women who do too much core work.

ThatGirl

Not true I love to cook.

Little known fact, I can whip up anything Italian in like thirty min flat.

I am not creative.

I sometimes make dishes of what I call white enchiladas.

Flour tortillas, ortega peppers, sour cream, olives, onions, cream of chicken, cream of celery, chicken, and cheese.

I freeze that in individual servings.

Chicken and Rice:

Brown rice with pepper jack, cream of chicken, peppers, some lemon pepper chicken, and jack cheese.

Italian:

Slowly roasted Tenderloin shredded into a tomato based sauce served over noodles. And I mean one/half cup noodles to 3 cups sauce.

I like my shit soupy.

Topped with peccorino romano and parmiagiana reggiano (even mix).

Yes I cant spell.

I also make thai hot and sour soup....though the mushrooms freak me out, and I dont even know where to begin looking for ear fungus root.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Great. Just switch to corn or whole wheat tortillas instead of white flour. Use whole grain noodles.

Here's the borscht recipe. It's excellent with stew beef, or you could use chicken. It takes forever to actually make, but then you would have borscht for DAYS. You could even freeze half of it.

ThatGirl

Lol @ Borscht for days.....

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

It's delicious and better for you than ramen. I promise it contains no beans.

ThatGirl

I'll check it out.

Another awesome member. Curator's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    I most often crave something lean, fresh, substantial, and light and fast.
    I like lean, light, and energetic foods.
    Sounds like you may enjoy juicing, I use an Omega 8004, carrots as the base juice, then a whole bunch of kale, its quick light energy and nutrition packed, literally more healthy nutrients in 1 quart of that juice that I drank every morning than in the average fellow americans weekly diet,lol... Also, if you cut out all caffeine and refined sugars youl feel a million times better, I never felt better in my life when I did that! (ive fallen off the wagon a bit over the last couple months,lol)

If your into any grains, Quinoa is amazing, its super high in protein, and has a sweet nutty flavor sprouted, or a richer nuttier flavor lightly toasted, I love to use it and toasted oats, a few chopped almonds, brazil nuts, raw honey and craisins to make a delicious high energy granola bar...

I could go on forever, but I will stop with this, do you like lentils? hey are wonderful in soups, sprouted in wraps/sandwiches, I love radish and mustard and broccoli sprouts a lot as well...

One important thing with juicing too,

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Carrots, cheese, and even snap peas are not sugary, they are vegetables and have no complex carbs.
    Fruits and vegetables have carbohydrates. Carrots and sugar snap peas have a lot of sugar.

Peas, edible-podded, raw [Snowpeas, Sugar snap peas]

The good: This food is very low in Saturated Fat, Cholesterol and Sodium. It is also a good source of Riboflavin, Vitamin B6, Pantothenic Acid, Magnesium, Phosphorus and Potassium, and a very good source of Dietary Fiber, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, Thiamin, Folate, Iron and Manganese.

The bad: A large portion of the calories in this food come from sugars. (71% carbohydrate)
    http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/...roducts/2518/2

Carrots, baby, raw

The good: This food is very low in Saturated Fat and Cholesterol. It is also a good source of Vitamin C, Vitamin B6, Folate, Pantothenic Acid, Iron, Potassium and Copper, and a very good source of Dietary Fiber, Vitamin A, Vitamin K and Manganese.

The bad: A large portion of the calories in this food come from sugars. (92% carbohydrates)

http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/...roducts/3026/2