• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Any advice on hair that is frizzy?

Lily flower

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Anyone have good advice on hair that is frizzy? I could spend a lot of time on my hair, go out for 5 min, and have it look like I did nothing. I don't have curly hair - it's more wavy, but it breaks easily and then the little pieces "frizz" up above my hair like some awful frizz crown. The only thing I have done is expensive hair straightening, and I would like to stop spending so much money on that.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
There's a long-ass thread about curly hair somewhere with some good tips. Do a search. :)

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
I have the same problem. Lots of conditioning and protein treatments is your best bet.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Yep, it's usually getting the protein and moisture balance right, and you have to figure out what works for your own particular hair. Wavy hair is the same as curly hair, btw, it's just got less of a curl pattern.

I'd read this thread: http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/health-fitness/37577-curly-hair.html and also poke around on naturallycurly.com

I would try to stay away from sulfates and silicones, and don't towel-dry with a terrycloth towel. You can either "plop," which is wrapping your curls on top of you head in a microfiber towel, or scrunch the water out with a microfiber towel while encouraging curl, but don't ever rub your head with a towel. You'll rough up the cuticle.

I would advise reading and experimenting. A lot of people want someone to just give them a tip or two and have it fix everything, but the reality is, it takes knowledge, time, and experimentation to figure out what works for each person's hair. There's no quick fix, but the above tips will help.