First 12

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Maybe you should stop taking so much Vicodin.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Ask a doctor. Logically they should stop pain-caused whatever but not blood-caused whatever, but I don't know, I'm not a doctor.

Vicodin isn't something to take lightly though. I'd leave it to a doctor to decide whether this would be "lightly", but presumably you're not taking them off-prescription so a doctor is involved.
    -end of thread-

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

The thing erased my comments *grumbles*

This is coming from a pharmacology grad... make of it what you will.

Some classes of painkillers (COX-2 inhibitors) are associated with increase risk of cardiovascular problems... specifically myocardial infarctions. So if you have disposition for a weak heart, take older generation painkillers (e.g. asprin, ibuprofen) instead.

Vicodin according to Wikipedia is a mixture of hydrocodone and acetaminophen. It's used for treating moderate to high pain. It's generally safe to use provided you keep to the dosage subscribed by your doctor and do not mix it with any other drugs (including alcohol). It may cause speed up heart rate and dizziness. Again this is worse if you mix it with other drugs that acts on the same system. However, assuming you're young and healthy, you shouldn't get any problems. So if you're in a lot of pain, take it. If you can get away without, take just acetaminophen or nothing at all.

ps - blood? You mean bleeding? NSAIDS (asprin, ibuprofen, COX-2 inhibitors) impairs blood clotting and prolong use (months on end) can lead to gastrointestinal bleeding. Acetaminophen is a little better... just don't do something silly like taking 20 of them at the same time
    My stuff (design & other junk) lives here: http://nnbox.ca

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    See question.

I'm talking about vicodin/whatever, not tylenol.
    I'm a little unclear, we're talking about the malfunction of your nervous system causing a drop in blood pressure and fainting, right? Where is the blood?
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.