User Tag List

First 234

Results 31 to 40 of 40

Thread: Pain black-outs

  1. #31
    Don't Judge Me! Haphazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    6,707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qlippoth View Post
    Do you actually believe this is a rational scenario?
    Yes, considering my usual response to what must be very mild pain.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

  2. #32
    Post Human Post Qlip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,486

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    Yes, considering my usual response to what must be very mild pain.
    I think you know, but it bears stating, that people need to have their wisdom teeth taken out all the time without so much as a follow up by the surgeon. Now, I know you feel that you may be a special case in this regard, but I can't honestly agree or disagree with you having only superficially chatting with you on the internet.

    In any case, have you thought of what the alternative would be to not taking care of your wisdom teeth now? That would involve constant pain as well.

  3. #33
    Don't Judge Me! Haphazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    6,707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qlippoth View Post
    I think you know, but it bears stating, that people need to have their wisdom teeth taken out all the time without so much as a follow up by the surgeon. Now, I know you feel that you may be a special case in this regard, but I can't honestly agree or disagree with you having only superficially chatting with you on the internet.

    In any case, have you thought of what the alternative would be to not taking care of your wisdom teeth now? That would involve constant pain as well.
    I'm getting so fearful I'm thinking of yanking out my teeth with pliers.

    I have pliers now.

    I must be a special case considering that I faint when trying to pick up glassware. This is not normal. None of my responses are normal. There's something very, very, very wrong with me, but there must be nothing wrong with me, because there are no obvious signs except constant fainting at very mild pain, so all that must mean is that I'm a wuss and people refuse to help weaklings like me. Why should they help, anyway?
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

  4. #34
    Post Human Post Qlip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,486

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    I'm getting so fearful I'm thinking of yanking out my teeth with pliers.

    I have pliers now.

    I must be a special case considering that I faint when trying to pick up glassware. This is not normal. None of my responses are normal. There's something very, very, very wrong with me, but there must be nothing wrong with me, because there are no obvious signs except constant fainting at very mild pain, so all that must mean is that I'm a wuss and people refuse to help weaklings like me. Why should they help, anyway?
    Haph, do you understand that I really don't know you other than as some guy on the Internet. You are asking for help or understanding, or something.. so I'm giving it a shot, but here are the facts I have from interacting with you.

    1. A majority of your posts are to talk about your fear and uncertanty and pain.
    2. You claim to black out and faint under secific circumstances.
    3. Either you have not consulted with Doctors/Mental Health professionals, or you have and they have either found nothing wrong, or you have refused treatment.
    4. Most of people's advice to your 'requests for help' are usually deflected by you.

    The only thing I can conclude is that you may have problems, but it seems that you don't want to take the steps to solve them. How exactly are you expecting someone else to to help you with your wisdom tooth situation? Are you primarily asking for sympathy?

  5. #35
    Don't Judge Me! Haphazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    6,707

    Default

    They keep telling me that I'm wasting their time.

    All the doctors tell me to see a therapist and all the therapists tell me to see a doctor.

    Pretty much everyone else's responses are to go see a professional or to man up, both of which are impossible for me.

    You see it, you hear it, you feel it, but they just keep saying that nothing's there. Should I believe them? Am I actually in pain? Is it real at all?
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

  6. #36
    Post Human Post Qlip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,486

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    They keep telling me that I'm wasting their time.

    All the doctors tell me to see a therapist and all the therapists tell me to see a doctor.

    Pretty much everyone else's responses are to go see a professional or to man up, both of which are impossible for me.

    You see it, you hear it, you feel it, but they just keep saying that nothing's there. Should I believe them? Am I actually in pain? Is it real at all?
    As I mentioned before, pain exists, but it's not the same as damage. And each person experiences pain subjectively. Pain is an unpleasant feeling, but it doesn't always indicate bad things. Pain and discomfort, physical and mental, always accompany changes for the better.

    So, you're so fearful that you indicate you'd be willing to pull a tooth out right now with pliers, and without anasthesia. To me that sounds unmistakingly more like a plea for sympathy.

    Are you being honest when you claim that therapists refer you back to doctors, because this sounds terribly unlikely to me.

  7. #37
    Don't Judge Me! Haphazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    6,707

    Default

    It's true.

    I just want to get it over with. I've tried to cut my gums but it's difficult.

    I am being honest.

    Everyone doubts everything I say, so I should doubt it is true because everything I say is so unlikely that I can't possibly be correct. Right?

    I don't even want sympathy.

    I just want someone to believe me. Because right now I can't even believe myself.

    And maybe somebody to keep me from drowning in my own blood because of my unconsciousness would be nice.

    But nobody believes me so nobody will help me...
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

  8. #38
    Post Human Post Qlip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,486

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    It's true.

    I just want to get it over with. I've tried to cut my gums but it's difficult.

    I am being honest.

    Everyone doubts everything I say, so I should doubt it is true because everything I say is so unlikely that I can't possibly be correct. Right?

    I don't even want sympathy.

    I just want someone to believe me. Because right now I can't even believe myself.

    And maybe somebody to keep me from drowning in my own blood because of my unconsciousness would be nice.

    But nobody believes me so nobody will help me...
    Have you considered seeing professional help for just dealing with fear, I know you wouldn't be turrned away for that and it would help you.

    Okay, here's how I see it: Either you have a very rare medical condition that is so far undiagnosable and will be extremely dangerous to day to day life in the future. Or, you are capable of dealing with a lot more than you think you are.

    The medical and mental health professionals have no concerns of the operations. You are concerned with how you might live with your problem in the future. Go through with the opreration, recovery from anasthesia is monitored, and make sure you have family with you afterward and tell them of your fear. Your condition should be evident immediately when you are within help (i.e. no choking). I personally don't believe you are at risk, and I think you will be surprised with yourself.

  9. #39
    Don't Judge Me! Haphazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    6,707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qlippoth View Post
    Have you considered seeing professional help for just dealing with fear, I know you wouldn't be turrned away for that and it would help you.
    I've tried. I've really tried. The way they look at me, I would say they look at me like I'm crazy, but because they deal with crazy people all the time, I'm guessing it's more they look at me like I'm stupid.

    Because I guess I am.

    It probably has to do with vasovagal responses and horrifically sensitive nerves and the probably trauma to compound everything.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

  10. #40
    Senior Member Oeufa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    698

    Default

    See a doctor and a therapist. Tell each that the other is taking care of one issue and you need them to take care of another. Speak loudly and slowly if they fob you off. Be persistent (but also listen to what they tell you and don't keep going, "yeah but..."). You need help for a lot of different things that you cannot get from the internet.

    As for your original question: pain is relative. Different types of pain affect different people in different ways.
    Ti>Ne>Si>Te>Fi>Ni>Se=Fe

    And yes, there are such things as INTPs who overuse emoticons

Similar Threads

  1. Help figuring out your type?
    By SolitaryWalker in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 354
    Last Post: 09-25-2012, 12:12 PM
  2. Mexico Protest; Media black out
    By phobik in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-11-2012, 01:05 AM
  3. Hello all you out there
    By mkobrien76 in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-26-2007, 11:02 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO