• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Stubbed toe?

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
How long would the pain usually last for a stubbed toe? A month?

Would it hurt to move it that much for that long of a time?

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Usually when I stub a toe it goes away in a week. Mayhap you broke the nail or fractured the bone? Either way, there isn't much to be done for hurt toes.. If it's not the big toe, I'd try taping it to another toe to keep it steady while it tries to heal.

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Haha, well, it is the big toe...and I hurt it when I fell about three weeks ago to a month.

I find it very difficult to move it, bend it mostly. I thought it was normal with a stubbed toe (it was slightly bruised and swollen for the first couple of days).

But for whatever reason, it hurts just as much as it did when I hurt it. Haha, maybe it is fractured? I can still run, walk and other stuff with it.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Yeah, I would maybe try to fashion a make-shift splint-y thing for it. They make splints for big-toes, but I'd honestly just tape it to another toe and put a small dowel on the other side as much as possible (like maybe while you sleep so it's not in the way during the day). These things take a while to heal sometimes. Did you break the toe nail at all? because I had problems when I broke my toe nail for a LONG time after I did it.. it took nearly a year to heal entirely with a new nail and everything.

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
The bruised part was under at least 1/4th of the toenail...now it's reduced to about a very little bit of it. My toenail doesn't seem to be bothering me, the pain is closer to the foot, and recently it's been a bit more swollen there too, most of the pain is at the middle joint of the big toe.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I smacked my ankle against a wooden box and darned if it didn't make my entire leg hurt like I'd been hit with a hammer!

Toes, when offended, tend to stay offended for awhile. Do you think you may have jammed it?

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sounds like it could possibly be broken.

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Haha, I have no idea. I took a pretty nasty fall, as people who witnessed it were surprised I wasn't injured more, let alone not dead.

I was sort of in shock after I fell, and didn't really notice my toe at all, because my knee was in much more pain at the moment. I only noticed my toe later that night...it looked more swollen, but not really stubbier, than the other one.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What are we gonna do with you?!

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Haha, idk...I think I'm going to ice it more. I have a 6 mile run tomorrow, so hopefully everything will be okay. :yes:

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
We may have to amputate, missy!

V

violaine

I have broken a toe twice and didn't know until I had the toe x-rayed each time. Takes about six weeks to heal properly if you stay off it.

Did you check out the underside of your toe when you stubbed it? That's where most of my bruising was both times.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If it's bruised and swollen and painful for weeks, it may be fractured. You could get an xray if you wanted, but I think they don't do much/anything if it's minor.

I think I broke a toe once by stubbing it sideways (baby toe) but didn't bother to get it xrayed. It throbbed for about 2-3 months and was bruised/swollen all over for at least a month. I might have taped it to the next toe, don't think so though. Some people might react differently though, or have different severities of fracture. Get it checked out if you're worried, but it's probably not a big deal either way.

edit: I should add that I got my big toe checked out once after injuring it in soccer, it was very swollen/bruised/throbbing and I went to see the doctor after about 2 weeks of it not going away. He basically looked at it for 3 seconds and laughed at me for coming in. :eek:uch:

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If it's bruised and swollen and painful for weeks, it may be fractured. You could get an xray if you wanted, but I think they don't do much/anything if it's minor.

I think I broke a toe once by stubbing it sideways (baby toe) but didn't bother to get it xrayed. It throbbed for about 2-3 months and was bruised/swollen all over for at least a month. I might have taped it to the next toe, don't think so though. Some people might react differently though, or have different severities of fracture. Get it checked out if you're worried, but it's probably not a big deal either way.

Yeah.. I fractured/broke my pinky toe a few years ago. I knew it was way beyond a 'stub' the minute it happened, due to the level of pain and the fact that it didn't subside within a matter of minutes. Well, that, and it very quickly swelled up and was discolored for a couple of weeks.

As Violaine said, it takes a solid 6 weeks or so to heal. I know for me it was at least 6 weeks before I was able to start walking normally without having pain shoot through my toe. Once I was able to start walking normally, though, it was still somewhat tender for another couple of months. Not painful, it's just if I walked too much it would start feeling a little sore.

I ended up not getting it x-rayed because I didn't really see a point in it since I knew with broken toes, they didn't really put a cast or anything on, as it heals on its own. And the pain makes it so you pretty much keep off of it and don't put weight on it. Mine healed fine. A couple of times I tried taping it to the toe beside it, thinking that might help, but honestly I don't think the tape did anything and it felt better without it.

Octarine

The Eighth Colour
MBTI Type
Aeon
Enneagram
10w
Instinctual Variant
so
A broken toe will stop hurting after 2-3 months.

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Well, it's broken now.

Walls are funny like that, how they get in the way sometimes. :shrug:

Octarine

The Eighth Colour
MBTI Type
Aeon
Enneagram
10w
Instinctual Variant
so
It's usually doorways for me. Especially sliding doors.