Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

violaine

I have broken a toe twice and didn't know until I had the toe x-rayed each time. Takes about six weeks to heal properly if you stay off it.

Did you check out the underside of your toe when you stubbed it? That's where most of my bruising was both times.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

If it's bruised and swollen and painful for weeks, it may be fractured. You could get an xray if you wanted, but I think they don't do much/anything if it's minor.

I think I broke a toe once by stubbing it sideways (baby toe) but didn't bother to get it xrayed. It throbbed for about 2-3 months and was bruised/swollen all over for at least a month. I might have taped it to the next toe, don't think so though. Some people might react differently though, or have different severities of fracture. Get it checked out if you're worried, but it's probably not a big deal either way.

edit: I should add that I got my big toe checked out once after injuring it in soccer, it was very swollen/bruised/throbbing and I went to see the doctor after about 2 weeks of it not going away. He basically looked at it for 3 seconds and laughed at me for coming in. :ouch:
    -end of thread-

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    If it's bruised and swollen and painful for weeks, it may be fractured. You could get an xray if you wanted, but I think they don't do much/anything if it's minor.

I think I broke a toe once by stubbing it sideways (baby toe) but didn't bother to get it xrayed. It throbbed for about 2-3 months and was bruised/swollen all over for at least a month. I might have taped it to the next toe, don't think so though. Some people might react differently though, or have different severities of fracture. Get it checked out if you're worried, but it's probably not a big deal either way.
    Yeah.. I fractured/broke my pinky toe a few years ago. I knew it was way beyond a 'stub' the minute it happened, due to the level of pain and the fact that it didn't subside within a matter of minutes. Well, that, and it very quickly swelled up and was discolored for a couple of weeks.

As Violaine said, it takes a solid 6 weeks or so to heal. I know for me it was at least 6 weeks before I was able to start walking normally without having pain shoot through my toe. Once I was able to start walking normally, though, it was still somewhat tender for another couple of months. Not painful, it's just if I walked too much it would start feeling a little sore.

I ended up not getting it x-rayed because I didn't really see a point in it since I knew with broken toes, they didn't really put a cast or anything on, as it heals on its own. And the pain makes it so you pretty much keep off of it and don't put weight on it. Mine healed fine. A couple of times I tried taping it to the toe beside it, thinking that might help, but honestly I don't think the tape did anything and it felt better without it.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    Aeon
    Enneagram
    10w so
    Socionics
    LOL

A broken toe will stop hurting after 2-3 months.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 so/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Well, it's broken now.

Walls are funny like that, how they get in the way sometimes.

MBTI
    Aeon
    Enneagram
    10w so
    Socionics
    LOL

It's usually doorways for me. Especially sliding doors.