User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Sometimes eating a very high salty diet can cause them as well.. all the salt dries out the cells on your tongue.. so if you're totally chowin' down on a bag of potato chips and washing it down with pickles and pretzels, try increasing your water intake -- and holding it in your mouth a moment or two before swallowing each time. I notice that I get them whenever I don't drink enough water and have overindulged in salty foods.

.. I think this is the same thing. Cankers sores are those small, irritated parts of the mouth, usually the tongue, that develop at sporatic times?
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Default canker sores =/= cold sores

Canker sores — also called aphthous ulcers, are small, shallow lesions that develop on the soft tissues in your mouth and at the base of your gums.
    Unlike cold sores, canker sores don't occur on the surface of your lips and aren't contagious. They can be very painful, however, and can make eating and talking difficult.

Cold sores — also called fever blisters — are fluid-filled lesions caused by herpes simplex virus type 1 infection.
    Cold sores are quite different from canker sores, another common condition people sometimes associate with cold sores. Though you can't cure or prevent cold sores, you can take steps to reduce their frequency and to limit the duration of an occurrence.

Abreva treats cold sores. Debacterol treats canker sores.
    the formless thing which gives things form!
    Found Forum Haiku Project

Positive Spin | your feedback welcomed | Darker Criticism

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    Sometimes eating a very high salty diet can cause them as well.. all the salt dries out the cells on your tongue.. so if you're totally chowin' down on a bag of potato chips and washing it down with pickles and pretzels, try increasing your water intake -- and holding it in your mouth a moment or two before swallowing each time. I notice that I get them whenever I don't drink enough water and have overindulged in salty foods.

.. I think this is the same thing. Cankers sores are those small, irritated parts of the mouth, usually the tongue, that develop at sporatic times?
    I have never had a canker sore on my tongue. I usually get them on the insides of my cheeks or my gums. Every once in a while I will get one in the back of my throat and that is the absolute worst.

Salty foods like what you describe irritate my "geographic tongue." It doesn't hurt anywhere near as much as a canker sore, but it makes for an interesting display on the surface of the tongue.

MBTI
    ISFx
    Enneagram
    4w5

I tend to get canker sores from too much citrus in my diet and they usually occur on my tongue. I'll get them from truama (usually accidently biting myself) or stress. However, reoccuring canker sores are a suggestion of gluten allergies.
    4w5