• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Shaving

Kingfisher

full of love
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
do you guys shave?

i just shaved my head the other day, it has been a long ass time since i have shaved anything....
it is pretty amazing, i forgot how AWESOME it feels to shave.
do you guys shave? how often?

i love to shave, i love how it feels, but i am super in love with my beard and won't shave it anytime soon. but i have always shaved my head a lot through my life.

have you guys ever shaved with a straight-razor?
i guess that is super uncommon nowdays? i didn't think so, but that is what everybody tells me......
it feels so much better and more satisfying to straight-razor it. i would NEVER do anything else.

i also love how barbers have hot shaving cream when the shave you. it has been FOREVER since i went to a barber/haircut, but i love the hot shaving cream. i tried to heat it myself once and it wasn't the same, haha.

i have always wondered about women shaving too....
but my wife never shaves, she is naturally real hairless.

C_71_article_1118966_image_list_image_list_item_0_image.jpg
Close%20Shave!.jpg

wolfy

awsm
I love it how you found the same but different pics. The pics are awesome. I shave everyday, it wasn't until I first moved to Japan that I was ever shaved by a barber, it was an experience. I don't mind shaving, it does feel good. But I prefer washing my hair, and having it washed. Maybe I should start a thread on that. My wife and I had a long debate on the relative merits of different shampooing frequencies a long time ago.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[YOUTUBE="sbOuCslWosQ"]The Efe Traditional Turkish Shave[/YOUTUBE]

The fire seems pretty cool.

Kingfisher

full of love
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
But I prefer washing my hair, and having it washed. Maybe I should start a thread on that. My wife and I had a long debate on the relative merits of different shampooing frequencies a long time ago.

haha, that is funny. i wash my hair with soap. it drives my wife pretty crazy, she always tells me how bad that is for your hair. but 33 years of soap and my hair is still some dynamic motherf-ing shit. ;) haha.

i used to go to a barber all the time, his name was Gene and we were super tight for a while. i used to always go to him to get my beard shaved even though that is such a non-brainer to do yourself, but i liked to hang out there. his shop was pretty cool, we pretty much just yelled at the TV and talked about how fucked up everything was, haha. it is super amazing to me that he was such an incredible barber even while we were all bitching out the TV.

The fire seems pretty cool.

the fire is super cool, i really want to try that now!!

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Gillette Mach 3 or bust baby.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Smooth as a baby's butt?

I don't like facial hair.

November is the month of the beard. We must ward off the coming winter winds with manly whiskers.

KDude

I can barely grow facial hair (Asian genes). Kind of patchy. I let it go sometimes..if anything, just because I get lazy. Not because I can pull off the look.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
Beard trimmer and manual gillette.

I want to find a place in DC where I can get hot lather straight razor shaves in DC.

shave.jpg

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i have always wondered about women shaving too....
but my wife never shaves, she is naturally real hairless.

My body hair is fairly fine and not really noticeable. I'll shave my legs once a week or so, I like how smooth the skin is, and occasionally any other areas where there is growth, but as I said, the hair is vellus and rather fine and thus not really noticeable, even my leg hair is less about "seeing it" and move about me feeling the stubble and not liking it; and I will shave under my arms every day while in the shower. I use softsoap and Schick razors, typically.

(If you look along the edge of women skin, you will actually often see a lot of fine downy hairs. The hair is there, even on the face sometimes, but it's just very soft and fine and often not noticeable unless you are catching it from the right angle and very close up. Testosterone thickens hair tremendously; the hair follicles become thicker and the growth becomes more dense all over the body, including shoulders and back for men sometimes.)

As far as using real soap in your hair, yeah, not the greatest. The problem is that it'll get it clean, yes, but it will also strip all the natural oils off the follicles and potentially leave them dry and brittle. Bar soap can be strong stuff! If you've got awesome hair and it's not really long, I guess it can survive the normal soap routine. Normally women with long hair are advised to only do a heavy-duty shampoo every few days, maybe once a week, to avoid drying out the hair. There are so many shampoo products out there in order to accommodate all different types of hair and length and whether or not it's colored (since sulfites, something in many shampoos, will strip out dyed color) or the hair already damaged in some way.

Anyway, there are so many ways women can screw up their hair -- with curling irons and straighteners and whatever else -- you really want the natural oil of the hair to remain as much as possible.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I want to try a straight razor, but the initial costs are pretty up there; so, it's not something I'm going to do on a whim. My hair is thick and black, even after a fresh/close shave you can see the hair follicles on certain parts of my face where it grows in dense. I used to have a beard, but I decided to stop being lazy and am shaving everyday, except on Sundays.

I use a singlebladed disposable razor. I learned that the blades on these take a very long time to wear down when shaving, but they end up having a short life because they're usually stored wet and in a moist environment. I've been patting mine dry after use and keeping it outside of the bathroom, it make a huge difference.

ZtX

MBTI Type
ISTP
When I was younger, I used Gillette gear (three or four generations of it, from the old twin-blade Sensor Excel and forward), but I got tired of the running price tag and poor quality.
After a period of beardedness, I bought proper equipment; a Mercur 34C safety razor with Feather brand blades, and nowadays I really can't understand how the Gillette company can have that amount of paying customers. One really sharp blade beats 4 or 5 vibrating pieces of dull crap any day of the week.

Eckhart

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
???
I shave currently usually like once per week, because I feel it looks still ok when it grows a few days (actually it has both their pro's and con's to let it grow a few days), and on the weekends I am mostly at home anyway, so I don't think I need to shave every day. I use an electric cutter. It doesn't work perfect, but it does the job ok.

Shaving is nothing special to me, I feel rather indifferent to it, just like brushing teeth etc.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I hate shaving. So glad I'm not male so at least I can hide my legs in the fall/winter/spring in pants. At least you have a lesser surface area to compensate. :shrug:

Someday, maybe I'll be rich enough for electrolysis. :D

Jack

Permabanned
MBTI Type
EXTJ
Enneagram
I don't think I'd ever pay someone as much as that guy did for the Turkish shave, nor want to spend that much time on it. I don't like shaving every day, but it makes a difference. Most of the girls I've been interested in have preferred some semblance of shaving, anyway.

Facial hair can be annoying.

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I hate shaving. So glad I'm not male so at least I can hide my legs in the fall/winter/spring in pants. At least you have a lesser surface area to compensate. :shrug:

Someday, maybe I'll be rich enough for electrolysis. :D

I don't exactly like shaving either, but it is better having the hair off instead of having it on... sort of like acne.

Some of it is ok, too much of it is a hindrance.