• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Shaving

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
My husband is clean shaven and during the week, he shaves daily, even a second time if we are going out at night. Once in awhile I shave him. I like doing it and I have a warmer for the shave cream. I like it so much sometimes I grab it to do my legs too. He has a heavy beard but it's like dark blond and on the weekends he lets it go until I say the scruff is chapping my lips or the kids complain it scrapes their faces when he hugs and kisses them. I was not blessed with fine, fair hair or anything close to it. Shaving is an absolutely every day thing for me. Waxing every two weeks, bikini and arms. My arms don't need it but I like when they feel smooth. Eyebrows get threaded once a month to 6 weeks. So much fucking maintenance.

D

Dali

I hate being shaved by anyone. I've been shaved twice by a barber who was styling my beard and it was the worst feeling ever; I felt extremely vulnerable having someone hold a straight-edge razor to my neck and had a mild panic-attack (on the inside) once or twice during the ordeal.

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
I can't do a full beard and I refuse to go clean shaven....when I was 16 it was cool now it's just a PITB

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Shaving to often irritates my face. I prefer to just trim it short using the lowest setting on clippers.

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I can't do a full beard and I refuse to go clean shaven....when I was 16 it was cool now it's just a PITB

Lol

A couple weeks back, I was looking into shaving with a manual razor instead of an electric one (I've been using an electric one since I've started shaving.) Then, this article appeared (and it wasn't the only one.)

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm normally bearded, unless going to an interview or something, in which case I shave as close as I can, using a manual razor.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Gilette Mach 3 every day during the week. I usually forget about it on weekends though.

ScorpioINTP

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6-5
I used to use the Gilette sensor razors and only paid for the generic branded blades. Then about 1-2 yrs ago, I couldn't find them anymore (even at Walmart) and I'll be damned if I am going to pay $20 for a pack of blades. They must have bought out the competition. Now I get cheap disposables from the dollar store for a fraction of the cost. I'd rather not have to throw away that much plastic. You would think interchangeable blades would be cheaper than a disposable. I was thinking about going to safety razors. You can get a box of blades for next to nothing at a hardware/home improvement store. I think I use blade way longer than the avg guy too. One lasts me at least a month, before it starts to irritate too much.

I'll never understand people who throw away money on some of these generic items. I have heard it is only in America that these razors cost so much too. I see no difference shaving with a $.12 razor vs a $4 blade replacement and I have sensitive skin. Hot water and shaving cream make all the difference.

I don't think I'd like someone else shaving my face. I was invited to go to a bachelor thing at a barber shop the morning of a wedding I photographed. I ended up not going and all the guys that went said it was not a pleasurable experience (and not cheap).

One nice thing about not working, is I don't have to shave every day, but I don't like facial hair much so it has to go after a few days. I only let it grow out when I go camping. Cold water shaving sucks.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I used to use the Gilette sensor razors and only paid for the generic branded blades. Then about 1-2 yrs ago, I couldn't find them anymore (even at Walmart) and I'll be damned if I am going to pay $20 for a pack of blades. They must have bought out the competition. Now I get cheap disposables from the dollar store for a fraction of the cost. I'd rather not have to throw away that much plastic. You would think interchangeable blades would be cheaper than a disposable. I was thinking about going to safety razors. You can get a box of blades for next to nothing at a hardware/home improvement store. I think I use blade way longer than the avg guy too. One lasts me at least a month, before it starts to irritate too much.

I'll never understand people who throw away money on some of these generic items. I have heard it is only in America that these razors cost so much too. I see no difference shaving with a $.12 razor vs a $4 blade replacement and I have sensitive skin. Hot water and shaving cream make all the difference.

I don't think I'd like someone else shaving my face. I was invited to go to a bachelor thing at a barber shop the morning of a wedding I photographed. I ended up not going and all the guys that went said it was not a pleasurable experience (and not cheap).

One nice thing about not working, is I don't have to shave every day, but I don't like facial hair much so it has to go after a few days. I only let it grow out when I go camping. Cold water shaving sucks.

The sensor makes a big difference for me. I always end up cutting my face with the throw-aways. No comparison.

ScorpioINTP

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6-5
The sensor makes a big difference for me. I always end up cutting my face with the throw-aways. No comparison.

hmm I used to think so, because I kinda liked the heft of the sensor, but you get used to it after a while, like a new golf club/tennis raquet. I don't care for the original BIC's though. They suck.

wolfy

awsm
I like the throw aways with two blades. I don't want any swivel action either, my wrist has a swivel action.

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
i buy the braun shavers for my brothers.

i actually like shaving people's faces.
love, love art of shaving. smells so
good, i just want to get my lipstick
all over their face.

art-of-shaving-set.jpg

art-of-shaving.jpg

98034.jpg

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Which is why I used to use an electric razor. Quick, simple, and not costly in the long run especially when your facial hair doesn't grow too fast.

Not sure why I started buying the manual ones, I cringed when i saw a 4 pack of razor head replacements went around $20 >.<.

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I like the throw aways with two blades. I don't want any swivel action either, my wrist has a swivel action.

Some disposables must be better than others, because whenever I've used them, they always leave like an eighth inch of stubble on my face...

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
Lol

A couple weeks back, I was looking into shaving with a manual razor instead of an electric one (I've been using an electric one since I've started shaving.) Then, this article appeared (and it wasn't the only one.)

Maybe I should be like Mike Jackson and get me a surgical 5 O'clock shadow......yeah, that's it!

michaeljackson_beard.jpg

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I had mentioned this above, but hadn't tested it out. For the past two weeks I've been using the same disposable blade. After use I submerge it in rubbing alcohol then let it dry. The blade is as sharp as the first time I used it.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I only shave if I'm going to be wearing a dress or something with out sleeves or there's the possibility of sex. rest of the time I don't bother because it's hidden from the world, and what they don't know can't hurt them.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
i shave usually like every 2-4 days, sometimes might go even a week without shaving, but its pretty rare. i use gillette mach 3 turbo

Kriash

Resident Apple Hoarder
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2w3
This is pretty old, but I figured I'd answer.

I don't mind shaving, it isn't really something I like to do, but it isn't torture either. I shave once a day, I wish I could grow facial hair, but it just looks wrong when I try. My beard is pretty full when I let it grow out, but I have a scar on one side that leaves a bald patch on the side of my chin, and my mustache is really sad and boyish. Also, I could never shave with a two blade disposable :O they are not kind to my face. I use Gillette Fusion.