User Tag List

First 2345 Last

Thread: Shaving

I like the throw aways with two blades. I don't want any swivel action either, my wrist has a swivel action.

i buy the braun shavers for my brothers.

i actually like shaving people's faces.
    love, love art of shaving. smells so
    good, i just want to get my lipstick
    all over their face.

every normal man must be tempted, at times,
    to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag,
    and begin slitting throats.
    h.l. mencken

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    6-5

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    my wrist has a swivel action.
    That comes in handy for more than shaving .
    Type 6w5 sp/so/sx I think..I have not fully explored this and just discovered it.

Quote Originally Posted by ScorpioINTP View Post
    I used to use the Gilette sensor razors and only paid for the generic branded blades. Then about 1-2 yrs ago, I couldn't find them anymore (even at Walmart) and I'll be damned if I am going to pay $20 for a pack of blades. They must have bought out the competition. Now I get cheap disposables from the dollar store for a fraction of the cost. I'd rather not have to throw away that much plastic. You would think interchangeable blades would be cheaper than a disposable. I was thinking about going to safety razors. You can get a box of blades for next to nothing at a hardware/home improvement store. I think I use blade way longer than the avg guy too. One lasts me at least a month, before it starts to irritate too much.

I'll never understand people who throw away money on some of these generic items. I have heard it is only in America that these razors cost so much too. I see no difference shaving with a $.12 razor vs a $4 blade replacement and I have sensitive skin. Hot water and shaving cream make all the difference.

I don't think I'd like someone else shaving my face. I was invited to go to a bachelor thing at a barber shop the morning of a wedding I photographed. I ended up not going and all the guys that went said it was not a pleasurable experience (and not cheap).

One nice thing about not working, is I don't have to shave every day, but I don't like facial hair much so it has to go after a few days. I only let it grow out when I go camping. Cold water shaving sucks.
    Which is why I used to use an electric razor. Quick, simple, and not costly in the long run especially when your facial hair doesn't grow too fast.

Not sure why I started buying the manual ones, I cringed when i saw a 4 pack of razor head replacements went around $20 >.<.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    I like the throw aways with two blades. I don't want any swivel action either, my wrist has a swivel action.
    Some disposables must be better than others, because whenever I've used them, they always leave like an eighth inch of stubble on my face...
    You lose.

_______

RCOEI
    Melancholic-Choleric
    Respectful Leader

Johari Window|Nohari Window

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Takeru View Post
    Lol

A couple weeks back, I was looking into shaving with a manual razor instead of an electric one (I've been using an electric one since I've started shaving.) Then, this article appeared (and it wasn't the only one.)
    Maybe I should be like Mike Jackson and get me a surgical 5 O'clock shadow......yeah, that's it!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I had mentioned this above, but hadn't tested it out. For the past two weeks I've been using the same disposable blade. After use I submerge it in rubbing alcohol then let it dry. The blade is as sharp as the first time I used it.

MBTI
    yupp

I only shave if I'm going to be wearing a dress or something with out sleeves or there's the possibility of sex. rest of the time I don't bother because it's hidden from the world, and what they don't know can't hurt them.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

i shave usually like every 2-4 days, sometimes might go even a week without shaving, but its pretty rare. i use gillette mach 3 turbo
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w3

This is pretty old, but I figured I'd answer.

I don't mind shaving, it isn't really something I like to do, but it isn't torture either. I shave once a day, I wish I could grow facial hair, but it just looks wrong when I try. My beard is pretty full when I let it grow out, but I have a scar on one side that leaves a bald patch on the side of my chin, and my mustache is really sad and boyish. Also, I could never shave with a two blade disposable :O they are not kind to my face. I use Gillette Fusion.