User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Thread: Shaving

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

My husband is clean shaven and during the week, he shaves daily, even a second time if we are going out at night. Once in awhile I shave him. I like doing it and I have a warmer for the shave cream. I like it so much sometimes I grab it to do my legs too. He has a heavy beard but it's like dark blond and on the weekends he lets it go until I say the scruff is chapping my lips or the kids complain it scrapes their faces when he hugs and kisses them. I was not blessed with fine, fair hair or anything close to it. Shaving is an absolutely every day thing for me. Waxing every two weeks, bikini and arms. My arms don't need it but I like when they feel smooth. Eyebrows get threaded once a month to 6 weeks. So much fucking maintenance.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

Dali

I hate being shaved by anyone. I've been shaved twice by a barber who was styling my beard and it was the worst feeling ever; I felt extremely vulnerable having someone hold a straight-edge razor to my neck and had a mild panic-attack (on the inside) once or twice during the ordeal.

MBTI
    INTJ

I can't do a full beard and I refuse to go clean shaven....when I was 16 it was cool now it's just a PITB

MBTI
    STP

Shaving to often irritates my face. I prefer to just trim it short using the lowest setting on clippers.

Quote Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post
    I can't do a full beard and I refuse to go clean shaven....when I was 16 it was cool now it's just a PITB
    Lol

A couple weeks back, I was looking into shaving with a manual razor instead of an electric one (I've been using an electric one since I've started shaving.) Then, this article appeared (and it wasn't the only one.)

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te

I'm normally bearded, unless going to an interview or something, in which case I shave as close as I can, using a manual razor.
    You lose.

_______

RCOEI
    Melancholic-Choleric
    Respectful Leader

Johari Window|Nohari Window

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Gilette Mach 3 every day during the week. I usually forget about it on weekends though.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    6-5

I used to use the Gilette sensor razors and only paid for the generic branded blades. Then about 1-2 yrs ago, I couldn't find them anymore (even at Walmart) and I'll be damned if I am going to pay $20 for a pack of blades. They must have bought out the competition. Now I get cheap disposables from the dollar store for a fraction of the cost. I'd rather not have to throw away that much plastic. You would think interchangeable blades would be cheaper than a disposable. I was thinking about going to safety razors. You can get a box of blades for next to nothing at a hardware/home improvement store. I think I use blade way longer than the avg guy too. One lasts me at least a month, before it starts to irritate too much.

I'll never understand people who throw away money on some of these generic items. I have heard it is only in America that these razors cost so much too. I see no difference shaving with a $.12 razor vs a $4 blade replacement and I have sensitive skin. Hot water and shaving cream make all the difference.

I don't think I'd like someone else shaving my face. I was invited to go to a bachelor thing at a barber shop the morning of a wedding I photographed. I ended up not going and all the guys that went said it was not a pleasurable experience (and not cheap).

One nice thing about not working, is I don't have to shave every day, but I don't like facial hair much so it has to go after a few days. I only let it grow out when I go camping. Cold water shaving sucks.
    Type 6w5 sp/so/sx I think..I have not fully explored this and just discovered it.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by ScorpioINTP View Post
    I used to use the Gilette sensor razors and only paid for the generic branded blades. Then about 1-2 yrs ago, I couldn't find them anymore (even at Walmart) and I'll be damned if I am going to pay $20 for a pack of blades. They must have bought out the competition. Now I get cheap disposables from the dollar store for a fraction of the cost. I'd rather not have to throw away that much plastic. You would think interchangeable blades would be cheaper than a disposable. I was thinking about going to safety razors. You can get a box of blades for next to nothing at a hardware/home improvement store. I think I use blade way longer than the avg guy too. One lasts me at least a month, before it starts to irritate too much.

I'll never understand people who throw away money on some of these generic items. I have heard it is only in America that these razors cost so much too. I see no difference shaving with a $.12 razor vs a $4 blade replacement and I have sensitive skin. Hot water and shaving cream make all the difference.

I don't think I'd like someone else shaving my face. I was invited to go to a bachelor thing at a barber shop the morning of a wedding I photographed. I ended up not going and all the guys that went said it was not a pleasurable experience (and not cheap).

One nice thing about not working, is I don't have to shave every day, but I don't like facial hair much so it has to go after a few days. I only let it grow out when I go camping. Cold water shaving sucks.
    The sensor makes a big difference for me. I always end up cutting my face with the throw-aways. No comparison.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    6-5

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    The sensor makes a big difference for me. I always end up cutting my face with the throw-aways. No comparison.
    hmm I used to think so, because I kinda liked the heft of the sensor, but you get used to it after a while, like a new golf club/tennis raquet. I don't care for the original BIC's though. They suck.
    Type 6w5 sp/so/sx I think..I have not fully explored this and just discovered it.