First 123 Last

Thread: Eye circles

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    ???
    Socionics
    ????

Nasal congestion – a blocked nose can result in dark circles under your eyes because the veins that drain from your eyes to your nose are darkened and dilated. [...] Lifestyle factors – Poor nutrition, excess alcohol consumption, too many caffeinated drinks, cigarette smoking, and lack of exercise can all contribute to under-eye discoloration. Consider seeing a nutritionist or dietician if you're concerned about dietary issues.
    My nose is running rather often actually. Also I am pretty much guilty for taking much caffeine and not really exercising much.

I have read about that frozen spoon stuff at some other sites already too and might try that too.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4~9

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    Advice: plenty of water and sleep

The next step would be eye cream.
    And concealer, this is what I use, but I reckon you won't go as far as makeup
    "...Have you fallen in love with the wrong person yet?"
    Jace said, "Unfortunately, Lady of the Haven, my one true love remains myself."
    "At least," she said, "you don't have to worry about rejection, Jace Wayland"
    "Not necessarily. I turn myself down occasionally, just to keep it interesting"

- The City Of Bones

Here is my blog where I post my thoughts and feelings. Please have a go and comment if you like.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    I have really dark rings too - I would love to find a solution. Even a makeup that actually works would be awesome (the best I can do with that is go from looking horrific to merely exhausted/battered, even when very well-rested).

It definitely doesn't look like scar tissue so I'm not sure vitamin E would help. I've never had asthma or similar but have had dark blue-purple circles for possibly my whole life (definitely since middle school or so). So I'm very interested in any solutions, but not much help myself - I just use concealer constantly to get rid of the worst of it.
    For makeup, if you haven't tried it, maybe give Bare Escentuals (sp?) a try. You'll probably only find the stores in major cities/malls, though, and you'd want to get a free consult in the store to get the appropriate colors. It's mineral/powder based -- even the foundations -- and for me it *really* evens out my skin tone. I don't have noticeable eye circles like being described in this thread, but it's worth a shot. I've always had more of an acne issue so my skin is a bit splotchy as a general rule.. but this makeup really neutralizes all of that and evens it out. It's the only brand of foundation I've ever liked - liquid foundations are horrible imo- they just sit in every nook and cranny and cake on...which is why I like the powder formula. And this powder is even blended in under the eyes so it does help with that as well (I don't believe liquid foundations work great when applied under/around the eyes).
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Thanks for the recommendation! I'll have a look and see if I can find that. Hopefully they sell it in Canada.

The one I usually use is a liquid concealer which goes on well but doesn't conceal as much as I'd like; I bought one of those concealer-lipstick tubes recently to try it out and it seems to work marginally better but has a bad tendency to create lines under my eyes.
    -end of thread-

1. Grab a spoon, put it in the fridge, leave it there for 15-20 minutes, take it out and apply it on your eyes. Do this every morning.
    2. Put teabags (non-herbal) or cucumber slices on your eyes, and rest for around 20 minutes.
    3. http://www.ysl-parfums.com/produit.j...preferedCateg= (it's not visible at all)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    ???
    Socionics
    ????

How long am I supposed to hold the spoon on my eyes? I just tried it and noticed the spoon got warm in seconds.

For me, it takes around a minute to completely warm up. It should be enough.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Perhaps Litvyak's fridge is set on a colder temperature...
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Yellow concealer helps a bit, Randomnity. Bare Escentuals is available in Canada and also online. I'd suggest buying online after you find the right shade for you.

I've noticed that a lot of my friends with Mediterranean origins are more likely to have dark circles naturally - seems to be heredity.

Some have suggested that not only the effects of allergies (eye rubbing etc) can worsen eye circles, but also the presence of allergies. I've read a couple of books which indicate that following a particular diet makes a considerable difference, although I don't know anyone who's tried it.