User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    ENFJ

Default To those of you who claim to have "gluten intolerance"

As in, not obvious celiac disease, but claim that your life improved by not eating gluten -- do your blood tests consistently claim that your body is fighting an infection or has recently had an infection?
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

Think like candida!

MBTI
    ENFJ

Is that anything like Candide?

a) i have obvious markers of infection, even after quitting any type of corn.
    b) low carb has significantly enhanced my wellbeing, most importantly cognition, which may or may not be related to any type of infection
    c) corn and or gluten can probably be bad in various ways, not just in how they may cause infection. both generally or individually.
    d) i never had the type of disease that makes you unable to digest to the point where you get verry slim. in case that is a true criteria of any corn related disease. my sister was diagnosed with that one.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by nanook View Post
    a) i have obvious markers of infection, even after quitting any type of corn.
    So you have a high white blood cell count no matter what?

never did blood work. by obvious markers i mean a predispiosition for becoming infected and staying infected for verry long or permanently in obvious places like hair folicels, skin, mouth and occasionally throat and ears. i am just a bit inflamed in generall. still seek to find out why/fix it.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    EII

yes; when my blood-work confirmed my insulin resistance and hypothyroidism, I was informed that these results were a good indicator of gluten sensitivity or intolerance, and i later tested positive for a gluten sensitivity. (Blood tests for gluten intolerance are a little less reliable than stool tests, btw)

so i can't say my blood tests have been consistent, but considering that my stool tests have been, i have another confirmed auto-immune disease which has been linked to gluten sensitivity, i have the physical symptoms that nanook lists above, and that cutting gluten from my diet has improved both my physical and mental functioning i think it's safe to say that my body consistently says that it does not process gluten well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Introverted Feeling (46.7)
    Extraverted Intuition (45.7)
    Introverted Intuition (37.5)
    Introverted Thinking(26.5)
    Extraverted Feeling (25.4)
    Extraverted Thinking (22.1)
    Extraverted Sensing (19.5)
    Introverted Sensing (17.0)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    Is that anything like Candide?
    Oh yeah that, dunno. But having a yeast infection could sure as hell cause people to be intolerant to wheat just as well as being celiac. There is a repository of knowing stuff somewhere since my mother is gluten intolerant.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by stringstheory View Post
    yes; when my blood-work confirmed my insulin resistance and hypothyroidism, I was informed that these results were a good indicator of gluten sensitivity or intolerance, and i later tested positive for a gluten sensitivity. (Blood tests for gluten intolerance are a little less reliable than stool tests, btw)

so i can't say my blood tests have been consistent, but considering that my stool tests have been, i have another confirmed auto-immune disease which has been linked to gluten sensitivity, i have the physical symptoms that nanook lists above, and that cutting gluten from my diet has improved both my physical and mental functioning i think it's safe to say that my body consistently says that it does not process gluten well.
    So no "everything else normal besides high white blood cell count"?

MBTI
    ENFJ

The more I look up the more it seems that gluten intolerance is more linked with low white blood cell counts, not high... though a yeast infection seems likely because of all the fucking antibiotics I've been on. Ugh.