User Tag List

12 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 17

  1. #1
    ¡MI TORTA! Amethyst's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 so/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti
    Posts
    2,182

    Default Itchy red bumps?

    I can't stand it anymore! I'm so ITCHY!

    I think I know what it is, but whatever, my family doesn't believe me.

    Anyway, I have all these itchy red bumps all over my body. At first it was just a few at my feet and legs, and I just thought they were spider bites, and now there are these zit-like bumps all over me (especially on appendages). The problem with them is, they hurt when I itch them.

    I honestly think it's MRSA. I've had it before, I got it from a friend unfortunately, and I'm pretty sure that it's like herpes in the fact that you have it your whole life, but breakouts are random, and the bumps I have now were a lot like the ones me and my friend had before.

    I was wondering if there were any home remedies to stop the itching and pain, I've tried anti-itch cream and it hasn't been working.

    And no, I'm not seeing a doctor again...I have Dr. Google at my side.

  2. #2
    Artisan Conquerer Halla74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6,927

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tawanda View Post
    I can't stand it anymore! I'm so ITCHY!

    I think I know what it is, but whatever, my family doesn't believe me.
    As much as I like you, I am telling the following for your own good: You are not qualified to make this assessment. Go see a dermatologist, I am not kidding you.

    Quote Originally Posted by tawanda View Post
    Anyway, I have all these itchy red bumps all over my body. At first it was just a few at my feet and legs, and I just thought they were spider bites, and now there are these zit-like bumps all over me (especially on appendages). The problem with them is, they hurt when I itch them.
    That is sad, I am sorry to hear you are dealing with this. My kids have eczema, and it can get crazy at times.

    Quote Originally Posted by tawanda View Post
    I honestly think it's MRSA. I've had it before, I got it from a friend unfortunately, and I'm pretty sure that it's like herpes in the fact that you have it your whole life, but breakouts are random, and the bumps I have now were a lot like the ones me and my friend had before.
    If it is MRSA you NEED to go to a doctor!

    MRSA is NOT like herpes. Herpes is Epstein Barr virus, MRSA is methicyllin resistant staphyllococcus aureus, a staph infection, or SERIOUS bacterial infection.

    That shit is SO fucking bad, it can start on your skin, and if left untreated, get into your muscle/tissues and fester, and then if continued to not be treated, go systemic and KILL YOU> I am not fucking kidding. That shiot can kill you. Go to see a dermatologist PRONTO. Please.

    Quote Originally Posted by tawanda View Post
    I was wondering if there were any home remedies to stop the itching and pain, I've tried anti-itch cream and it hasn't been working.
    Fuck no there are not. If you have MRSA, you need the most powerful antibiotics out there. Tablets for sure, and maybe even skin cream with it. It is EXTREMELY contagious.

    Quote Originally Posted by tawanda View Post
    And no, I'm not seeing a doctor again...I have Dr. Google at my side.
    Dr. Google cannot help you, as Dr. Google cannot write an Rx for Cipro or any other hardcore antibiotic that can treat a MRSA infection, if that is what it is. Don't play around with your skin, you must live with it for the rest of your life. And if you don't take care of it in the face of a MRSA infection, it could cost you way more than the doctors visit.

    Good luck, kid!



    -Halla
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

    Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

  3. #3
    Yeah, I can fly. Aleksei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti
    Posts
    3,644

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tawanda View Post
    Itchy red bumps?
    First time shaving your bikini line?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

    Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

    Hayekian Asshole


  4. #4
    ¡MI TORTA! Amethyst's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 so/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti
    Posts
    2,182

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    As much as I like you, I am telling the following for your own good: You are not qualified to make this assessment. Go see a dermatologist, I am not kidding you.



    That is sad, I am sorry to hear you are dealing with this. My kids have eczema, and it can get crazy at times.



    If it is MRSA you NEED to go to a doctor!

    MRSA is NOT like herpes. Herpes is Epstein Barr virus, MRSA is methicyllin resistant staphyllococcus aureus, a staph infection, or SERIOUS bacterial infection.

    That shit is SO fucking bad, it can start on your skin, and if left untreated, get into your muscle/tissues and fester, and then if continued to not be treated, go systemic and KILL YOU> I am not fucking kidding. That shiot can kill you. Go to see a dermatologist PRONTO. Please.



    Fuck no there are not. If you have MRSA, you need the most powerful antibiotics out there. Tablets for sure, and maybe even skin cream with it. It is EXTREMELY contagious.



    Dr. Google cannot help you, as Dr. Google cannot write an Rx for Cipro or any other hardcore antibiotic that can treat a MRSA infection, if that is what it is. Don't play around with your skin, you must live with it for the rest of your life. And if you don't take care of it in the face of a MRSA infection, it could cost you way more than the doctors visit.

    Good luck, kid!



    -Halla
    Haha, okay...I'll make an appointment tomorrow. I really fucking hope it's not a MRSA outbreak. And the Dr. Google is an actual doctor. It's who I saw the other day, and he googled my Rx for a tick bite that had a bullseye thing around it...I felt really good about the fact that he GOOGLED IT!!

    I've been to four different doc's in the past two weeks...I'm just sick of them, but I'm sick in general, so I probably should. Fuck me.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Moiety's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Posts
    6,020

    Default

    I've had strange itchy red bumps appear once and it was agony (physical and psychological). I went to doctors for a year. They couldn't really tell me what it was.


    All I know is that it was in a very stressful period in my life. When I managed to tone down the stress, everything magically disappeared.

  6. #6
    Administrator highlander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    17,885

    Default

    I had that once as a teenager. It was hives (allergic reaction). Never did figure out what caused it.

    They gave me steroids I think.

    Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

    Tri-type 639

  7. #7
    ¡MI TORTA! Amethyst's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 so/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti
    Posts
    2,182

    Default

    I'm not really stressed though...compared to other periods of my life, I'm probably the calmest I've ever been (externally...maybe I'm repressing stress, since I've been worrying about my future for some time, but I haven't really let it consume my life).

  8. #8

    Default

    Agree with Halla, if it looks serious see a doctor. Any full body rash should always be checked, and can be caused by anything from serious allergies, to poisoning, to systemic infection, to lice, to harmless things like heat, grass or bed bugs.

    Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    MRSA is NOT like herpes. Herpes is Epstein Barr virus, MRSA is methicyllin resistant staphyllococcus aureus, a staph infection, or SERIOUS bacterial infection.
    Herpes actually has 8 strains in humans. All hang around, but aren't necessarily a major problem, and many don't necessarily recur with symptoms. EBV is normally called mono in the US. What most people call herpes is herpes simplex 1 or 2, normally genital or lips. What was described sounds a bit like chicken pox, which is one of the 8 herpes viruses (most people get as children). Could also be one of the other similar diseases like measles or rubella (though most people get vaccinated and they normally come with flu like symptoms).

    What do the bumps look like? Are they bumps or pimples? Are they connected, clustered? Are they everywhere covering a lot of your skin or spread out but on all limbs?

    Quote Originally Posted by tawanda View Post
    Haha, okay...I'll make an appointment tomorrow. I really fucking hope it's not a MRSA outbreak. And the Dr. Google is an actual doctor. It's who I saw the other day, and he googled my Rx for a tick bite that had a bullseye thing around it...I felt really good about the fact that he GOOGLED IT!!

    I've been to four different doc's in the past two weeks...I'm just sick of them, but I'm sick in general, so I probably should. Fuck me.
    Also check tick related illnesses if you had a tick bite: Rocky Mountain spotted fever, Lyme_disease, etc.

    You said you were sick in general? What other symptoms?
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

  9. #9
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_
    Posts
    10,733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    I've had strange itchy red bumps appear once and it was agony (physical and psychological). I went to doctors for a year. They couldn't really tell me what it was.


    All I know is that it was in a very stressful period in my life. When I managed to tone down the stress, everything magically disappeared.
    My wife had this. No doctor was ever really able to say exactly what it was. When it was really bad I had to give her alcohol baths.

  10. #10
    Emerging Tallulah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    6,028

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    My wife had this. No doctor was ever really able to say exactly what it was. When it was really bad I had to give her alcohol baths.
    Yeah, I had that too when I was really, really stressed out and having anxiety.

    I would go to the dr if you've had MRSA, though. Don't take chances.
    Something Witty

Similar Threads

  1. [INFJ] The Sudden Insecurity Bump
    By ladypinkington in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-18-2008, 11:38 AM
  2. Red meat linked to lung cancer?
    By The Ü™ in forum Health and Fitness
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-23-2007, 08:05 AM
  3. Congratulation to the Red Sox
    By The Third Rider in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-30-2007, 02:50 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO