• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Itchy red bumps?

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I can't stand it anymore! I'm so ITCHY!

I think I know what it is, but whatever, my family doesn't believe me.

Anyway, I have all these itchy red bumps all over my body. At first it was just a few at my feet and legs, and I just thought they were spider bites, and now there are these zit-like bumps all over me (especially on appendages). The problem with them is, they hurt when I itch them.

I honestly think it's MRSA. I've had it before, I got it from a friend unfortunately, and I'm pretty sure that it's like herpes in the fact that you have it your whole life, but breakouts are random, and the bumps I have now were a lot like the ones me and my friend had before.

I was wondering if there were any home remedies to stop the itching and pain, I've tried anti-itch cream and it hasn't been working.

And no, I'm not seeing a doctor again...I have Dr. Google at my side. :D

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I can't stand it anymore! I'm so ITCHY!

I think I know what it is, but whatever, my family doesn't believe me.

As much as I like you, I am telling the following for your own good: You are not qualified to make this assessment. Go see a dermatologist, I am not kidding you.

Anyway, I have all these itchy red bumps all over my body. At first it was just a few at my feet and legs, and I just thought they were spider bites, and now there are these zit-like bumps all over me (especially on appendages). The problem with them is, they hurt when I itch them.

That is sad, I am sorry to hear you are dealing with this. My kids have eczema, and it can get crazy at times. :(

I honestly think it's MRSA. I've had it before, I got it from a friend unfortunately, and I'm pretty sure that it's like herpes in the fact that you have it your whole life, but breakouts are random, and the bumps I have now were a lot like the ones me and my friend had before.

If it is MRSA you NEED to go to a doctor!

MRSA is NOT like herpes. Herpes is Epstein Barr virus, MRSA is methicyllin resistant staphyllococcus aureus, a staph infection, or SERIOUS bacterial infection.

That shit is SO fucking bad, it can start on your skin, and if left untreated, get into your muscle/tissues and fester, and then if continued to not be treated, go systemic and KILL YOU> I am not fucking kidding. That shiot can kill you. Go to see a dermatologist PRONTO. Please.

I was wondering if there were any home remedies to stop the itching and pain, I've tried anti-itch cream and it hasn't been working.

Fuck no there are not. If you have MRSA, you need the most powerful antibiotics out there. Tablets for sure, and maybe even skin cream with it. It is EXTREMELY contagious.

And no, I'm not seeing a doctor again...I have Dr. Google at my side. :D

Dr. Google cannot help you, as Dr. Google cannot write an Rx for Cipro or any other hardcore antibiotic that can treat a MRSA infection, if that is what it is. Don't play around with your skin, you must live with it for the rest of your life. And if you don't take care of it in the face of a MRSA infection, it could cost you way more than the doctors visit.

Good luck, kid!

:hug:

-Halla

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
As much as I like you, I am telling the following for your own good: You are not qualified to make this assessment. Go see a dermatologist, I am not kidding you.

That is sad, I am sorry to hear you are dealing with this. My kids have eczema, and it can get crazy at times. :(

If it is MRSA you NEED to go to a doctor!

MRSA is NOT like herpes. Herpes is Epstein Barr virus, MRSA is methicyllin resistant staphyllococcus aureus, a staph infection, or SERIOUS bacterial infection.

That shit is SO fucking bad, it can start on your skin, and if left untreated, get into your muscle/tissues and fester, and then if continued to not be treated, go systemic and KILL YOU> I am not fucking kidding. That shiot can kill you. Go to see a dermatologist PRONTO. Please.

Fuck no there are not. If you have MRSA, you need the most powerful antibiotics out there. Tablets for sure, and maybe even skin cream with it. It is EXTREMELY contagious.

Dr. Google cannot help you, as Dr. Google cannot write an Rx for Cipro or any other hardcore antibiotic that can treat a MRSA infection, if that is what it is. Don't play around with your skin, you must live with it for the rest of your life. And if you don't take care of it in the face of a MRSA infection, it could cost you way more than the doctors visit.

Good luck, kid!

:hug:

-Halla

Haha, okay...I'll make an appointment tomorrow. I really fucking hope it's not a MRSA outbreak. And the Dr. Google is an actual doctor. It's who I saw the other day, and he googled my Rx for a tick bite that had a bullseye thing around it...I felt really good about the fact that he GOOGLED IT!! :dont:

I've been to four different doc's in the past two weeks...I'm just sick of them, but I'm sick in general, so I probably should. Fuck me. :doh:

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I've had strange itchy red bumps appear once and it was agony (physical and psychological). I went to doctors for a year. They couldn't really tell me what it was.

All I know is that it was in a very stressful period in my life. When I managed to tone down the stress, everything magically disappeared.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I had that once as a teenager. It was hives (allergic reaction). Never did figure out what caused it.

They gave me steroids I think.

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm not really stressed though...compared to other periods of my life, I'm probably the calmest I've ever been (externally...maybe I'm repressing stress, since I've been worrying about my future for some time, but I haven't really let it consume my life).

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
Agree with Halla, if it looks serious see a doctor. Any full body rash should always be checked, and can be caused by anything from serious allergies, to poisoning, to systemic infection, to lice, to harmless things like heat, grass or bed bugs.

Herpes actually has 8 strains in humans. All hang around, but aren't necessarily a major problem, and many don't necessarily recur with symptoms. EBV is normally called mono in the US. What most people call herpes is herpes simplex 1 or 2, normally genital or lips. What was described sounds a bit like chicken pox, which is one of the 8 herpes viruses (most people get as children). Could also be one of the other similar diseases like measles or rubella (though most people get vaccinated and they normally come with flu like symptoms).

What do the bumps look like? Are they bumps or pimples? Are they connected, clustered? Are they everywhere covering a lot of your skin or spread out but on all limbs?

Haha, okay...I'll make an appointment tomorrow. I really fucking hope it's not a MRSA outbreak. And the Dr. Google is an actual doctor. It's who I saw the other day, and he googled my Rx for a tick bite that had a bullseye thing around it...I felt really good about the fact that he GOOGLED IT!! :dont:

I've been to four different doc's in the past two weeks...I'm just sick of them, but I'm sick in general, so I probably should. Fuck me. :doh:

Also check tick related illnesses if you had a tick bite: Rocky Mountain spotted fever, Lyme_disease, etc.

You said you were sick in general? What other symptoms?

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've had strange itchy red bumps appear once and it was agony (physical and psychological). I went to doctors for a year. They couldn't really tell me what it was.

All I know is that it was in a very stressful period in my life. When I managed to tone down the stress, everything magically disappeared.

My wife had this. No doctor was ever really able to say exactly what it was. When it was really bad I had to give her alcohol baths.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
My wife had this. No doctor was ever really able to say exactly what it was. When it was really bad I had to give her alcohol baths.

Yeah, I had that too when I was really, really stressed out and having anxiety.

I would go to the dr if you've had MRSA, though. Don't take chances.

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
What do the bumps look like? Are they bumps or pimples? Are they connected, clustered? Are they everywhere covering a lot of your skin or spread out but on all limbs?

Also check tick related illnesses if you had a tick bite: Rocky Mountain spotted fever, Lyme_disease, etc.

You said you were sick in general? What other symptoms?

The bumps look like pimples, pretty much, but some of the 'pimples' have gotten worse when I itch them, and just look like a little bumpy rash.

I took antibiotics for the tick bite...I don't think it's an allergic reaction to them, because I took them a week ago, and this is just starting to become a problem.

I also felt really ill a week ago with a cold, I think. I've been much more tired than usual, as I will get up at 9 in the morning and then fall asleep around 9 or 10 at night (I usually go to bed around 1 or 2).

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I had a friend with something like that shortly after high school. She went to a dermatologist and the Doctor gave her some benedrill (sp) type medication and it went away. Said she had too much histamine or something like that.

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Haha, new symptom...I've turned completely red and blotchy. It's not MRSA, thank god.

I think it's the laundry detergent...which is weird, because I buy special stuff because I'm so sensitive, so they must've added something to it recently, since the rash covering my body is most prevalent in places that are always or mostly covered. That's a pooper. :(

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
"All" detergent is pretty good for sensitive skin. Especially the stuff in the white bottle. Thats what my Dad's dermatologist recommended.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
If you are still taking antibiotics, you could be having an allergic reaction to them as well, which could manifest as hives or other rashes.

Please make an appointment to see your doctor. :)

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
i think you should go see a doctor too... sorry that you're tired of seeing them. :( i know it gets frustrating. i've had a serious condition since birth and i'm no stranger to plans getting interrupted by inconclusive visits. but at least they can either catch early or rule out something big, bad, and/or nasty. :yes:

oh, and has the humidity changed much recently? sometimes i get contact dermatitis if it's very dry all of a sudden. for me that usually starts as bumps and moves to a larger, more solid raised rash, and then will fade away.

ideas for itchy/pain/heat...
- cool or cool-to-warm bath (start with cool water, then open the drain while running warm water. it's a nice way to get in some warmth without the hot/itch thing)
- after the bath, or a shower, lay down on a towel and turn the fan on
- cortisone cream
- cool compresses (ice pack in paper towels)

MacGuffin said:
My wife had this. No doctor was ever really able to say exactly what it was.

not that i'm a doctor, but when you're all stressed out, your immune system can get really hyped up, and it could be extra sensitive to things that normally don't trigger it. just a thought.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
i really just want to scream "HERPES" everytime i read this title so: HERPESSSSSS!!!!.

thank you for my minimal enjoyment