User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    ENFJ

If you're looking for something nonsteroidal to get it to stop itching, try cocoa butter. If it doesn't work, you'll at least smell like chocolate.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    It's driving me CRAZY!!!!!

I went to the doctor, and he told me it's not a fungus or an infection - just eczema. I start by getting little round dots full of fluid. When they pop, my skin dries out and gets all flaky and itchy....

So he told me to use cream. I'm using cream, and sometimes it gets better. No dots anymore. But itchy, dry skin that's driving me MAD!!!!!!!!!

If no one has any good ideas regarding

a) where it comes from and
    b) how to get rid of it

I think I will have to go to the doctor again.

And, yes, before any of you get cute: I do take 1-2 showers every day, wear clean clothes, and take care of myself. When I asked HIM (the doctor) where it comes from, he told me when the weather is hot or cold, your skin can get really irritated. But I wonder if the problem is something I eat. I'm not really that stressed right now - so it can't be that. Argh, what's causing this? It's usually on my right hand and right toes - nowhere else. Really weird.
    I had this as a kid. I think it had to do with a combination of allergies, the heat, sweating, and the wrong kind of material against my skin.

I think the following might possibly help: air conditioning, taking showers right after exercise, cotton clothing and antihistamines. Steroid cream for a couple days works for the occasional slight flare up if you catch it early.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INTJ

I knew someone whose kids had bad eczema; it went away when they started a raw/less processed diet.

Food allergy can also manifest in eczema. They say wheat is one of the more common causes, but I've heard of people who had eczema when they had milk products. The body is such a mystery; there seems to be variation in the specific response each person will have to a specific substance.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by coconut View Post
    I
    Food allergy can also manifest in eczema.
    I know this to be true because I've experienced it.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I have it where my shins get so itchy it has made me cry, wake up in my sleep, bleed from scratching it so hard.. my shins, for a while, looked like a lawn mower ran over them. I never got much relief, I went crazy. I tried everything. Changing my diet severely, no-perfume-dyes-fragrance-sensitive-readingrainbow-style soaps, detergents, etc. I tried no cloth rubbing on my legs. I tried keeping my legs covered. My shins continued to just drive me crazy.

Finally, I went to my primary care physician. He sent me to a dermatologist who was a bitch. After a while, I got her to do a biopsy, and she said it was a form of eczema.

She tried to give me expensive steroid creams, but there's no cure for eczema. Steroids I found only made my situation worse. How you ask?

I figured out that shaving my legs REALLY irritates the eczema. Which is really problematic Being a girl that likes to wear shorts in a hot-weather-based part of the country. Not to mention being single. I've had to switch up the way I shave my legs, and be choosier about when I shave them, which sorta sucks but it's the best I can do until I figure out something else.

Even then, they still annoy me. I slather on lotion all the time, and that helps if they aren't already itching. But there's nothing that really stops it. I hope it just goes away eventually.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

My daughter has it on her hands. I switched her to a simple, homemade Castile soap and she uses Avalon Organics hand lotion. I am not sure that Avalon Organics is particularly special except that it smells so good (we love the lemon and mint varieties) she likes to and will use it, but the fragrances are not irritating to the skin.

I have psoriasis, so I know what a pain these incurable skin conditions can be.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

I got psoriasis just in the past couple of years and yeah, the itching drives you crazy. For me, if I'm not using steroidal creams, I'll scratch till I bleed. So I try use the cream as soon as I feel the itch, and it does help. But the breakouts go hand in hand with stress and poor diet, by which I mean too many starches/sweets (which is what I turn to when I'm stressed).

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I think that's probably true. I modified my diet dramatically in the spring/early summer and a lot of the psoriasis went away. I went back to my crappy diet and it seems to be coming back. It's not even stress that makes me eat badly, it just takes more work/thought than I really want to devote to something as boring as eating. I got tired of messing with it.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

i also pull virgin coconut oil everyday.
    it helps immensely when combatting psoriasis.
    it works be detoxifying your body, removing
    toxin and allowing your body to heal.

i do one tblsp twice a day morning/night.
    i swish the oil in my mouth by pushing
    pulling and drawing it thru teeth for
    abt 20 min. the oil 'pulls' out bacteria,
    picks up the ickies.

do it on an empty stomach.
    best time is before a meal.

you don't swallow the oil bc it's loaded
    with bacteria, toxins, pus and mucous.

one of the immediate effects you'll see right
    away after is how much brighter and whiter
    your teeth become. you expel a lot of mucous.
    mucous drainage is how our body removes toxins.
    every normal man must be tempted, at times,
    to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag,
    and begin slitting throats.
    h.l. mencken

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by mmhmm View Post
    i also pull virgin coconut oil everyday.
    it helps immensely when combatting psoriasis.
    it works be detoxifying your body, removing
    toxin and allowing your body to heal.

i do one tblsp twice a day morning/night.
    i swish the oil in my mouth by pushing
    pulling and drawing it thru teeth for
    abt 20 min. the oil 'pulls' out bacteria,
    picks up the ickies.

do it on an empty stomach.
    best time is before a meal.

you don't swallow the oil bc it's loaded
    with bacteria, toxins, pus and mucous.

one of the immediate effects you'll see right
    away after is how much brighter and whiter
    your teeth become. you expel a lot of mucous.
    mucous drainage is how our body removes toxins.
    I've been wanting to try oil pulling. do you do it before breakfast and dinner?
    Something Witty