• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Facial Hair?

WildCard

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
Um, OK, first off I am not taking any hormonal crap for a sex change or anything. So please don't get cute with those jokes. I've been teased enough about it already.

Thank you for your maturity!

Anyway, what I thought was hair from from my hair line turned out to be very long facial hairs that were near it. I've tried waxing, shaving, and trimming and they just keep coming back.

What is causing this and how do I keep the annoying little bastards away? There are roughly four strands.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
:eek:uch: I tend to have a similar issue.. I have one of those tiny trimmers that I use whenever they try to grow back:

verseo_1996_2042476.jpg

It works fine, can be used anywhere dry or wet, etc. As far as a permanent solution... Sometime in the near future I'll have access to an electrolysis machine, which I am going to try on a select few areas of my body. I'll probably be posting the results on Typc as well, so if that ends up being a permanent solution I'll surely let you know.

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
Short of those permanent laser removal/electricity things... Plucking/waxing them is the best bet. If you just trim them without getting the root, hair will grow back thicker and darker.

Repeated plucking/waxing will damage or destroy the hair follicle, causing the hair to either grow back finer or not at all.

I used to have reaaaallly thick eyebrows. After plucking/waxing them thinner for so many years, they're naturally a lot thinner.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Hair does not grow back thicker and darker. Because of how it is shaved at an angle, shaved hair has a larger surface area which gives the illusion that it's thicker. It's like when you cut a cylinder diagonally to get an ellipse.

/INTP

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
which gives the illusion that it's thicker.

Oh shut up, you. It LOOKS thicker. THERE. The point still stands. If one is trying to hide unwanted facial hair, cutting it will MAKE IT LOOK THICKER and is counterproductive.

Fuck off with your technicalities. <3 :D

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
:thinking:
Have you always had this facial hair, or are you unsure of that/just noticed it, etc?

Just curious because you seem to have pretty fair skin/haircolor if I recall correctly, & as far as I know, many fair skinned/haired women don't seem to grow a lot of coarse hair in general.. but it might just be that it's less noticeable.. *shrug*

I ask about when you noticed the hair growth because I recall the thread you made awhile back about endometriosis.. & how you might be getting put on medication for it.
I know many issues with our reproductive system [or medicines/treatments for them] can knock our hormones a little [or very] off-kilter, & cause unwanted skin problems like oily/acne prone skin, facial hair growth.. the list goes on..

If you're still in the military, healthcare's free/practically free; when you have a spare moment [assuming you have access to this sort of thing; I dunno where you're stationed], might as well visit your Gyn or a dermatologist to see if it's a hormonal issue. Ordinarily they'll just take some blood/run labs looking for imbalances in testosterone levels. Can't hurt to explore that avenue, I imagine, especially if it is in fact something a change in medication or a new treatment might correct longerterm.

WildCard

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
Lexicon: You nailed the problem on the head. They placed me on some badass meds for the endometriosis and I have had issues with oily skin, pimples, and random hairs. I took care of the skin issues with facial products for the first time since I was seventeen XD

I would wax, but I have a tendency to be allergic to something they put in wax -_-

So I shall have to pluck.

They did run a few bloodtests and found that my estrogen levels were down, hence the hair. They told me that everything would balance out within the next few days since my body is adjusting.

F

figsfiggyfigs

Hair does not grow back thicker and darker. Because of how it is shaved at an angle, shaved hair has a larger surface area which gives the illusion that it's thicker. It's like when you cut a cylinder diagonally to get an ellipse.

/INTP

I was going to write the same thing!!! I saw it on a program years ago.:solidarity:

I dont suggest shaving, or waxing. I don't know about facial hair, but I tried waxing my legs once, it took forever for my skin to recover, I can only imagine facial skin would be irritated and suffer more.

Try threading! :)

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVmbHB2p4WM"]BAH HA![/YOUTUBE]

It's easy, and you can do it yourself. Same basic concept.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hair does not grow back thicker and darker. Because of how it is shaved at an angle, shaved hair has a larger surface area which gives the illusion that it's thicker. It's like when you cut a cylinder diagonally to get an ellipse. INTP

:) Yup. That's exactly what it is... and why shaving arms, etc., might make the hair actually look darker when it grows back in.

I'll just be an extremist:
Electrolysis does permanent removal ... and right away.

Anything else will provide less results over more time.

Try threading! :)

I've heard good stuff about this in regards to eyebrow maintenance but have never tried it yet.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I wouldn't worry about only 4 hairs, you can regularly pluck them and nobody will notice. Unless they're popping up everywhere.

I have a single hair on my chin that I pluck every so often when it returns, it seems to take a really long time to come back though (several weeks or more). It will hurt for a second or so (maybe less if you're used to plucking your eyebrows) but they'll be completely gone for a while - and it's really satisfying :laugh:. I'd imagine shaving would only make them go away for a day or two.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Lexicon: You nailed the problem on the head. They placed me on some badass meds for the endometriosis and I have had issues with oily skin, pimples, and random hairs. I took care of the skin issues with facial products for the first time since I was seventeen XD

I would wax, but I have a tendency to be allergic to something they put in wax -_-

So I shall have to pluck.

They did run a few bloodtests and found that my estrogen levels were down, hence the hair. They told me that everything would balance out within the next few days since my body is adjusting.

That's awesome you got it figured out.. sometimes doctors fail to mention potential side effects of conditions or treatments like this.. I've had endometrial precancer in the past [resolved so far] & have polycystic ovarian syndrome, which can mess with hormones & just be generally unpleasant, so I read up on this stuff.. probably a little too much, ha. :rolli:

But, yeah, at least your body will slowly resolve this itself in time, so you won't be having to worry about this forever.

Being female can be.. such a bitch. :D