• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How do you phase out smoking marijuana from your life?

quamdel

MBTI Type
INTP
I need to quit fooling around with Miss Mary Jane...

Has anyone had success doing this before?

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
1. Stop smoking.
2. Stop being around people when they smoke.
3. Stop hanging out with people that smoke.
4. Delete contact information of people that smoke or offer it.
5. Get therapy.
6. Keep yourself busy.

This is the cliffnotes version of what my friend did.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
Well.. watchu gotta do is... um... take it easy... and then... you just.. you know... switch to....uh..

..what?

quamdel

MBTI Type
INTP
Really? I can't exactly do all that. My friends... they are some of those that offer it lol. I definitely hear you though

nozflubber

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
MBTI Type
Hype
pffft, why would you want to? are you trying to learn 5 languages at once in preparation for your job at the Pentagon or something?

Well.. watchu gotta do is... um... take it easy... and then... you just.. you know... switch to....uh..

..what?

oh plz...

This is what Marijuana smokers are really like: Successful and Articulate.

[YOUTUBE=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ay_pTE7vwJY]SUP..?[/YOUTUBE]

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I need to quit fooling around with Miss Mary Jane...

Has anyone had success doing this before?
Just stop doing it. Cold turkey. MJ is not addictive, so you don't have to worry about withdrawal or relapse.

nozflubber

MBTI Type
Hype
^ mostly true, although I've known some smokers that, due to years of consumption, can become irritable/irate when they don't smoke or have it kept out of their possession. So he might experience that.

Mole

Permabanned
Hope and Dope

In a deracinated society we don't know where we have come from or where we are going. So naturally we seek consolation.

And we won't give up our consolations until we give up hope.

But even the President sells hope and consolation.

Hope and dope.

Afkan

Yes, dope is hope, for some.
It is also:

Problems with memory and learning
Distorted perception
Difficulty with thinking and problem solving
Loss of coordination
Increased heart rate
Anxiety, paranoia and panic attacks

Oh & don't forget, hormones ---> screwy

"...marijuana ... In men it decreases the level of testosterone. This could sometimes lead to the enlarging of breasts."

"Marijuana has the opposite effect on the female hormonal system....increases [testosterone] in women."

"..marijuana also has an adverse affect on the sperm in a man. Usage of this drug can lead to a low sperm count and an increase in the number of immature and abnormal sperm that is produced. Today marijuana is one of the main causes of infertility in males....Marijuana can also play havoc with the female reproductive system. "

Last edited by a moderator:

nozflubber

MBTI Type
Hype
^ all of those described are for users with insufficient tolerance to the cannabinoids. It doesn't apply to regular users, who become highly resistant to the negative effects, especially paranoia and the perception problems.

I'm not trying to irrationally defend smoking, I just think that unless you're learning a new language or studying calculus, or need to take a drug test, there's no real incentive to quit....

But i guess quam didn't ask for that so i'll stop on that note :) GL on quitting.

Mole

Permabanned
Reefer Madness

Yes, dope is hope, for some.
It is also:

Problems with memory and learning
Distorted perception
Difficulty with thinking and problem solving
Loss of coordination
Increased heart rate
Anxiety, paranoia and panic attacks

Oh & don't forget, hormones ---> screwy

"...marijuana ... In men it decreases the level of testosterone. This could sometimes lead to the enlarging of breasts."

"Marijuana has the opposite effect on the female hormonal system....increases [testosterone] in women."

"..marijuana also has an adverse affect on the sperm in a man. Usage of this drug can lead to a low sperm count and an increase in the number of immature and abnormal sperm that is produced. Today marijuana is one of the main causes of infertility in males....Marijuana can also play havoc with the female reproductive system. "

Yay, it's reefer madness!

Last edited by a moderator:

Mole

Permabanned
The People's Dope

but hope IS dope!! and dope is hope for many.

Yes, a reefer is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, the hope of the hopeless and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the dope of the people.

ragashree

Reason vs Being
MBTI Type
Mine
Enneagram
1w9
Really? I can't exactly do all that. My friends... they are some of those that offer it lol. I definitely hear you though
That's why you're having problems with this. I'll put it this way - they may not percieve their own usage as causing them problems, but you are percieving it as causing you problems. Something is stopping you from asserting your own individual needs and preferences and causing you to succumb to peer group pressure to do the same as they do. Is it mere habituation, fear of causing offense, fear of losing friends, an unconscious desire to abdicate responsibility for your own actions (because a part of you does want to take it still), the desire to participate in a shared activity (conforming to group norms)? What, exactly? And trust me, if they judge your worth by your willingness to share their own vices they are not worth having - you can find better friends.

Words of Ivory

facettes de la petite mor
MBTI Type
INFJ
Uuuh... just say no? If they're proper friends, they won't give a shit if you smoke or not.

Marijuana has no addictive qualities. Going cold turkey is incredibly easy, unless you're built up some sort of psychological addiction to it.

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I used to smoke a lot, but I wasn't psychologically dependent on it or anything, I wasn't the type who had to smoke at work or wake n bake. I started to feel like an idiot around other people when I smoked so I pretty much just stopped cold turkey. It's alright every now and then, but I don't buy it anymore and just say no thanks when people try to pass it to me. If you don't want to smoke then don't! A few questions for you. How often do you do it? Do you depend on it? Are you using it to self medicate?

Afkan

^ all of those described are for users with insufficient tolerance to the cannabinoids. It doesn't apply to regular users, who become highly resistant to the negative effects, especially paranoia and the perception problems.
Actually everything in quotes are the results of regular, long time use.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
yah don't purchase any weed, and don't be around those who smoke. I don't think it's gonna be as hard as your making it out to be

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I imagine the way you would do it would be quite similar to quitting smoking cigarettes.