• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Just say NO to Cocaine! Its tainted...

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
good thing I've never been interested in coke, wait no if someone had a gram and offered me a line i would so try it. just to try it. but i'm not going to seek it out.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Just wanted to say congrats to Sparrow for being clean. Keep it up.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Coke has ruined a few of my good friendships...

good thing I've never been interested in coke, wait no if someone had a gram and offered me a line i would so try it. just to try it. but i'm not going to seek it out.

And that's how the problems start.

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
Stick with it Sparrow and get some extra support. My cousin just lost 6 years of her life to coke and is in rehab now. Usually there are reasons why people start beyond just curiosity. Get those figured out and addressed!

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
I've tried it, and don't see what the fuzz is all about. Sure, you'll have a nice evening, but I just don't allow myself to take something as harmful as cocaine other than curiosity.

Aside from this particular article I've never heard of any study that concluded cocaine is not as bad as is generally thought.

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
Do you know anyone who's addicted to it? It robs years of your life, makes you ugly in the process and makes you not care about the people around you. You go without sleep for days, functioning by taking more. It screws up your short term memory so you seem like an Alzeimer patient asking the same questions over and over again. It's expensive, which means you never have money for the things you need it for and so end up dealing or stealing. It's also very hard to know what the stuff you're taking contains.

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm not interested in ever doing it again thank goodness! It wasn't even fun anymore towards the end, it was used more as a way to mask my feelings. Luckily it was only an 8 month stint and not 8 years, phew I woulda been screwed. Thanks for all the support!! Time to deal with reality...

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
I'm so glad for you, Sparrow! I think you're on the money with masking the feelings. If you're going to get away from that stuff, you'll need to find a healthy outlet for dealing with what's went on/is going on and if possible change your circumstances so that you are not given more and more reasons to want to numb out or become reckless with your own life as a way of coping. You're a gutsy person! :hug: Hang in there.

kelric

Feline Member
MBTI Type
INtP
I'm so glad for you, Sparrow! I think you're on the money with masking the feelings. If you're going to get away from that stuff, you'll need to find a healthy outlet for dealing with what's went on/is going on and if possible change your circumstances so that you are not given more and more reasons to want to numb out or become reckless with your own life as a way of coping. You're a gutsy person! :hug: Hang in there.

Fidelia's posts are always so wise-insightful and well-written that I usually don't have much else to add :).

But this time I will anyway. It's great to hear that you're done with it -- those feelings, however mask-worthy they may seem, won't destroy your life (and if they threaten to, there are better outlets/options). Can't say the same for cocaine. Hang in there! :hug: