User Tag List

First 2345 Last

MBTI
    yupp

day one of the patch, I smoked 3 cigs total each time smoking got more unpleasant to the point of i can't finish cigarrette this is a good sign.

MBTI
    yupp

day 2, don't want to kill anyone for cigarette and gave the rest of my pack away. smoked a hand rolled one but desired no more after that. coughing like a bitch though all day was up til 3 coughing. depressed and feeled like i've failed at everything.

figsfiggyfigs

FUCK.

I had a dream about wanting to take a cigarette yesterday, I almost did. I woke up with the urge to smoke this morning.
    I have a feeling it's because of this thread.

MBTI
    yupp

yeah I keep having dreams where I'm smoking

MBTI
    ESFJ

Have you still stopped?

I stopped for 23 days recently and was taking tablets called Champix .. I started getting depressed and having suicidal thoughts so stopped, then was given the nicorette inhaler which was awful when you inhaled .. I'm smoking now
    My fag lady is going to be pissed, lol.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    yupp

yup and part of it is i can't afford to buy any so thats an incentive to not smoke. I don't think I'm gonna make i'm tempted to find 4 bucks in coins and go buy the shittiest tobacco ever.

MBTI
    yupp

I'm officially a failure i couldn't make it a week

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    I'm officially a failure i couldn't make it a week
    Nooooo .. You're not a failure. You just need to find another way to make it a success
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    yupp

well i didn't smoke a whole cigarette so maybe if i don't smoke again i'll be good.

Cold turkey is the only method I've ever bothered with. For me, it's always easy at first. I just throw away all my lighters and ash trays. Avoid going to places that sell cigarettes. I brush my teeth at work on my break instead of smoking. Most importantly, I just stop thinking about it! You'll want to sit there and obsess about not being able to smoke, but don't. After a week, it will seem like you were never a smoker at all. Seriously, the only thing dumber than smoking is thinking about smoking when you're not even smoking!

I've never quit for more than 9 months, (it's been a month since I've smoked now), but I think that's another issue. For me, the first few days are pretty easy. My will power is strong when I'm using it. I just change my mind a lot. Six months from now I might be in a depression and I might start doing all kinds of negative things, not because I lack self-control, but because my depressed self has completely different needs and desires. My depressed self would enjoy the smoking fully and only laugh at the negative effects. I still have plenty of self control when I'm depressed, but perhaps less self. I'm only now getting to be more consistent instead of always bouncing back and forth, and I've still got a long way to go.

Don't be like me. But do quit without looking back.
    "When a resolute young fellow steps up the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often surprised to find that it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers." - Ralph Waldo Emerson