I'm wondering if anyone here has (successfully) dealt with any of these headache types in the past:
(1) Sinus = Feels like your eyes are going to get crushed AND burst out of your head all at once
(2) Migraine = Head pain, sometimes on one side of the head only, sensitivity to light, sounds, and sometimes even smells (make you vomit if you smell a "trigger" like bananas)
(3) Tension = Apparently these manifest when you're all stressed out
(4) Combination = Sinus + Migraine + Tension all at once, HUZZAH! These are treated with 3 different injections, you halucinate, go to sleep, and you're done for the day.
I had sinus and migraines BAD when I was a kid (5th grade through high school) and then they just went away. The past few years I got one or two per year. This year they have come back with a vengeance. We're talking two or more of these types of headaches per week, this week I am at two, and tomorrow will likely be day 3, as the barometric pressure keeps rising.
- Thunder storm systems give me sinus headaches.
- Sometimes these progress into migraines.
- If the sinus + migraine hit when I am stressed out it grows into a combination headache.
I have a Rx for Fioricet, Imitrex, and was given Hydrocodone but it didn't do anything.
If anyone knows what type of headache specialist I should book with, or has been prescribed anything else that has been helpful in treating these types of headaches I'd love to hear about it.
If you know any homepathic stuff that works that's fine too, I'm open minded.
I'm scheduling with an accupuncturist next week.
Thanks in advance for any wisdom you can share. I will not consider your reply in this thread as medical advice and hold you harmless from any liability.
Cheers to all,