User Tag List

12 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 15

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    IxFx
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    859

    Default White spots on nails.

    I've had white spots on my nails for about seven years now. They say that a zinc deficiency is possible (I stay away from seafood, had enough of it as a kid). That it may cause my fucked up eyesight, my decreased memory, that I never feel hungry, and why I can't gain weight.

    Anyone has any insight on this?

  2. #2
    THIS bitch stringstheory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    1
    Socionics
    EII
    Posts
    932

    Default

    looks like you've been telling lies.


    no seriously, if they're on all of your nails then it's most likely is a zinc deficiency. you can probably get what you need from a multivitamin. if not, it could just be temporary injury to your nail base.

    Leukonychia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    Introverted Feeling (46.7)
    Extraverted Intuition (45.7)
    Introverted Intuition (37.5)
    Introverted Thinking(26.5)
    Extraverted Feeling (25.4)
    Extraverted Thinking (22.1)
    Extraverted Sensing (19.5)
    Introverted Sensing (17.0)



  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    IxFx
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    859

    Default

    I've had it for about seven years. That's a long temporary.

  4. #4
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_
    Posts
    10,733

    Default

    You have teh AIDS.

  5. #5
    is an ambi-turner BRMC117's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Posts
    841

    Default

    I have white spots on my nails as well. Never really asked about them
    "I put the fires out."
    "you made them worse."
    "worse...or better?"

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    IxFx
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    859

    Default

    I never really bothered asking either, but now I'm a bit curious.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Fan.of.Devin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    INT-
    Posts
    294

    Default

    I used to have them, but I think the cause was just getting scuffs on my nail close to the skin, where it was growing out... Creates a small area of dead cells?

    Looks like that wiki article says the same thing.
    "The most common cause is injury to the base of the nail (the matrix) where the nail is formed."
    INTP 4w5 SX/SP
    Tritype 4/5/8

  8. #8
    pathwise dependent FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj
    Posts
    5,908

    Default

    I've read that it's one of the possible marks of Vitamin D deficiency. Given that you live in Tromsoe, it might make sense. Did you get them when (if) you lived abroad, too? (Supposedly, in a place where sunlight is stronger than Tromsoe)
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

  9. #9
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    I remember being told it meant I was telling lies as a kid. It's awesome how ignorance can warp vitamin deficiency into a mild form of child abuse!

    Seven years is a long time to have that going on, bro, seriously. I would think that would only occur briefly after a period of illness or something, so you might want to get that checked out. I echo the people who are suggesting you take a vitamin supplement, since your lack of hunger may be keeping you from eating a balanced diet.

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    IxFx
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    859

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fan.of.Townsend View Post
    I used to have them, but I think the cause was just getting scuffs on my nail close to the skin, where it was growing out... Creates a small area of dead cells?

    Looks like that wiki article says the same thing.
    "The most common cause is injury to the base of the nail (the matrix) where the nail is formed."
    On two nails it is close to the skin. One three other nails it is not (close to the tip). No dead skin.

    Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    I've read that it's one of the possible marks of Vitamin D deficiency. Given that you live in Tromsoe, it might make sense. Did you get them when (if) you lived abroad, too? (Supposedly, in a place where sunlight is stronger than Tromsoe)
    That - I can't remember. I lived for six months in Greece, but at the time I didn't really pay much attention to it. So I can't tell. I don't get much sun though.

    Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    I remember being told it meant I was telling lies as a kid. It's awesome how ignorance can warp vitamin deficiency into a mild form of child abuse!

    Seven years is a long time to have that going on, bro, seriously. I would think that would only occur briefly after a period of illness or something, so you might want to get that checked out. I echo the people who are suggesting you take a vitamin supplement, since your lack of hunger may be keeping you from eating a balanced diet.
    Mental abuse is just as bad as physical abuse in my opinion. I try sometimes, to eat vitamin supplements, but I don't really feel any different after about a month taking them, so I stop.



    It's not like it's on all my nails though. It's on five nails total, three of which I can hardly see.
    It doesn't really worry me, but it's always nice to get more knowledge about oneself.

Similar Threads

  1. Milo on White Nationalism and Identity Politics
    By SearchingforPeace in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 02-02-2017, 10:41 PM
  2. Racist white guy gets fired for comments on co-worker's black child
    By great_bay in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 225
    Last Post: 10-15-2015, 05:26 AM
  3. Obama Pays Female White House Staffers Only 87 cents on the Dollar
    By Mal12345 in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-10-2014, 06:31 PM
  4. Obama's white paper on extrajudicial killing
    By Beorn in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 03-06-2013, 11:37 PM
  5. Do you have toe nails on your baby toes?
    By Natrushka in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-04-2007, 12:35 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO