• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Can I at least hire a nurse?

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I'm very probably getting my wisdom teeth out. The dentist hasn't said anything yet but my mouth is kind of hurting so...

but. There are some problems.

1. I faint very easily at any sight of blood. It doesn't matter how "panicky" I am, I still faint. Small cuts and nosebleeds cause me hours of being unable to clean myself up because I'm so busy teetering in and out of consciousness.

2. I also have very strong gag reflexes. I have had 20+ (I've lost count) cavities in my back teeth because I'm unable to brush them properly without vomiting.

3. My mother is unable to take care of it and there's no other person who could take care of me. My mother is unable to clean up vomit. As long as I can remember I've always had to clean up my own vomit because my mother couldn't handle it. I think when I was a baby my grandmother did it, but now she's infirm and lives thousands of miles away.

If they won't let me stay in the hospital (you know, because they need room for actual sick people) after wisdom tooth extraction, could I at least hire a nurse until I stop bleeding, like the first day? I can handle my own vomit so I can probably keep myself clean once I stop bleeding. How expensive would this be?

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
No I can't hire a nurse...

I have no friends...

I have no family besides mom...

Why do people who are paid to help me refuse?

Beargryllz

MBTI Type
INTP
Well, the only advice I can offer is to not use the local anesthesia, if you can afford the general. You will taste blood for many days afterwords, but the sight of freshly extracted dental matter can be easily averted with the proper gasses.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Well, the only advice I can offer is to not use the local anesthesia, if you can afford the general. You will taste blood for many days afterwords, but the sight of freshly extracted dental matter can be easily averted with the proper gasses.

My wisdom teeth are all entirely impacted so I don't think I have much of a choice.

Everyone else has told me that there's still a lot of blood afterwards no matter what.

I need someone to help me, and my mother just can't do it.