• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Fun ways to burn calories

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Going to the gym is boring to me.

Anyone have any tips on fun ways to burn calories?

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
My internet is tripping out sorry :) this is the right one!

Cheshire Grin

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Do you have a dog? Depending on your idea of fun I've seen people rollerblading down the street being pulled by their dog/pulling their dog.

You could always sign up at a club for a weekly sports event. That way you get to play with other people in a semi-competitive but relaxed atmosphere and it can be really enjoyable.

If you're not into team sports and prefer something more individual, perhaps consider ice-skating or tennis or badminton.

At home you could always use a balance-ball. There are a ton of exercises that you could do with those. Or you could throw it and bounce it off the heads of siblings or whoever happens to be getting on your nerves that day (I am not responsible for any damange caused).

Alternatively you could run up and down the street with canned food strapped to your legs with masking tape. I mean that would be 'weight training' right? And if you do it for long enough you might even be able to fly over walls like those people in kung-fu flicks.

But seriously I've always found it much easier to stay motivated when I have a friend or somebody else to exercise with me so if you don't already have one then get an exercise buddy :)

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Good ideas guys! I havnt roller skated in years :) Im actually going to my friends dirty 30 bday party tomorrow at a skating rink, Im gonna speed skate it up!

Ive just been thinking a lot lately...if some crazy shit went down (2012 is coming up..or some kind of crazy natural disaster) I need to be fit. Survival of the fittest baby! Only the strong survive! Im such a nerd...but thats the real deal right!

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Tennis is fun and good exercise.

Pixelholic

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
8w7
Cycling is fun, don't have to invest in an expensive bike or silly clothes, just go out on a nice day and bike around.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Good ideas guys! I havnt roller skated in years :) Im actually going to my friends dirty 30 bday party tomorrow at a skating rink, Im gonna speed skate it up!

Yep, I hadn't been since I was a kid, but my daughter had a Girl Scouts party at a rink and I decided to get out there and see if I could still stand up on skates. It was a BLAST, so I've started going regularly. This Saturday I start practicing with a local derby team- I don't think I'm badass enough to actually join, but the practices are open to women so I'm there.

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Throwing things and breaking shit is fun...it would be cool if there was a place that provided glass for throwing and breaking lol. I'll take 20 dishes and 10 cups please. lol

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Yep, I hadn't been since I was a kid, but my daughter had a Girl Scouts party at a rink and I decided to get out there and see if I could still stand up on skates. It was a BLAST, so I've started going. This Saturday I start practicing with a local derby team- I don't think I'm badass enough to actually join, but the practices are open to women so I'm there.

Roller derby would be so awesome, I thought about joining rat city racers, but I bruise to easily, Im such a wussy lol :)

I do LOVE tennis too...dont have a partner good enough to play with, but I guess I would burn more calories with a crappy partner ha!

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Damn, I want chocolate now...

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Dancing!

Throwing things and breaking shit is fun...it would be cool if there was a place that provided glass for throwing and breaking lol. I'll take 20 dishes and 10 cups please. lol
How about hitting balls at the driving range?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
dancing...yes! and jumping on a trampoline...a big one...make friends with the local kids...it'll be fine...then ask em to go play chase with you...volleyball...that's fun...you can talk some friends into doing that maybe...and rollerblading or skating yeah...hiking is good too yeah...and oh...a pogo stick or those moon shoes that should be fun...and get a hula hoop...oh oh...i know! take a belly dancing class that could be cool. :D

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Well it better be solid milk chocolate, since we all know you have issues with Forrest Gump and his phrase: "Life is like a box of chocolates. . . " :D
:rofl1: Hahaha! Yea. I went a bit out of it then. :D