• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Chia seeds

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
I'm sure someone started a thread about this, but I can't find it anywhere. Anyhow, have any of you ever tried chia seeds? (Yep, the kind that start chia pets?) They are supposed to get goopy and fill you up extra when they come in contact with fluid and they also have good stuff for you in them.

Anyone ever tried them to enhance weight loss?

Schaph

MBTI Type
IxTx
Enneagram
5w6
You know how you used to think trees would grow out of your stomach if you swallow watermelon seed/grape seed when you were a kid?

*mental picture of chia sprout growing out of your head*

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm sure someone started a thread about this, but I can't find it anywhere. Anyhow, have any of you ever tried chia seeds? (Yep, the kind that start chia pets?) They are supposed to get goopy and fill you up extra when they come in contact with fluid and they also have good stuff for you in them.

The exact "filling" effect can be obtained by eating an apple, and then drinking a large glass of water. Apples have fiber, fiber expands as it absorbs water, expanded fiber in your tummy takes longer to digest than an apple or water by themselves. :cheese:

Anyone ever tried them to enhance weight loss?

Nope, I usually cut my carbohydrate intake, eat some type of thermogenic product, and up my cardio to lose weight. If you do all three at once excess bodyfat will fall off you, LOL! Here's the best thermogenic I have used to date, it is very effective at increasing your metabolism, but it does not have any real "stimulant effect" to it. I'm hyper enough, I don't need stimulants. :doh:

OxyElite Pro - Reviews:
OxyElite Pro Reviews: 8.9/10 - SupplementReviews.com

:newwink:

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
Since posting, I bought some and I must say they taste good sprinkled on stuff (kind of like poppy seeds) or in drinks/soups.

Halla is there any risk associated with thermogenic products? I have cut the carbs and upped the cardio (but it hasn't been long yet). I'm spending too much time sedentary at the computer, so need to figure out a way to make sure that the other stuff doesn't get neglected.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Since posting, I bought some and I must say they taste good sprinkled on stuff (kind of like poppy seeds) or in drinks/soups.

Yay! They taste good! :yay:

fidelia;1248861Halla is there any risk associated with thermogenic products? I have cut the carbs and upped the cardio (but it hasn't been long yet). I'm spending too much time sedentary at the computer said:
I'll be brutally honest with you.

I am a walking chemistry experiment.

I have tried every supplement at GNC/Vitamin Shoppe since I was 14 years old.

I used even the first generation (dirtiest of the dirty) thermogenics in the 90's (high ephedrine content) and had few side effects, basically jitters, and also insomnia if I took them too late in the day.

The two thermogenics I have used that are "new generation" products are the one mentioned above (OxyElite Pro) and two other products (very similar, same company) called "Meltdown" and "Redline." The newer thermogenics are very easy on the system compared to their diabolical cousins from the 90's, yet they remain very effective. I've had no issues with any of these three products over the past year. To me, they allow me to stay in pants that I would "grow out of" since I do not have as much time to do cardio as I used to (damn graduate school! almost over! :ranting:)

VPX Sports Nutrition Redline Gel Caps 120 Capsules - Fat Loss & Weight Control

Meltdown by VPX (Vital Pharmaceuticals) - VZ-1054 - at The Vitamin Shoppe

REVIEW of MELTDOWN:
Meltdown Review | How It works, Pros/Cons, In-Depth Reviews

Granted, I am a 235 pound guy, the same should hold for others so long as they do not take too much. All of the products recommend you take 1/2 a serving to see how you react to it. Even I do this, and it is sensible advice. Once I messed up and drank a whole bottle of Redline, not knowing it was two servings in one bottle. :doh: You talk about sweating, oh my goodness! :laugh: Now I split a bottle with my wife wehn we hit the gym and we're both good to go. :D

Good luck! :pumpyouup:

Risen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
their greatest usefulness, exercise wise, comes from making a smoothie with the seeds and a good drink for exercising that has plenty of carbs and electrolytes. The thick fiber from the seeds will act as a slow release for the nutrients and moisture, especially good for long activities. Diet wise, eat however you please.

Lark

I'm eating these a lot, on cereals and breakfast, although its not so much for weight loss as reducing blood sugars

EddieJohnson

Chia seeds belongs to Mint Family. It contains on carbohydrate properties. It is obtain through non-grass plant.

As per the research, Chia Seeds has 10 gram of fiber. If you take 40 gram fiber daily then it can lead to losing weight as much as you want