• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Zombie food that refuses to die!

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Anyone addicted to fast food and looking for encouragement to stop indulging?

[youtube="4IGtDPG4UfI"]McDonalds, 4 years on[/youtube]

:sick:

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sexy.

We should study the hamburgers to fight aging! Overpopulation!

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
That's insane. Someone needs to tell Morgan Spurlock so he can make a Revised Edition of "Super Size Me".

Andy

Supreme High Commander
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Sexy.

We should study the hamburgers to fight aging! Overpopulation!

Maybe the Egyptians had it wrong. Instead of embalming their dead, perhaps they should have deep fat fried them instead.

Andy

Supreme High Commander
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Incidently, I used to work in a food testing laboratory. I can tell you from first hand experience that kabab meat has similar antiaging properties.

Long lasting food is usually low in water or high in sugar, as bacteria don't like environments that are too dry or two sweet. That's why many deserts have such a long shelf life. The only reason I can think of why meat, like the kabab or the burger part, last well is chemical preservatives. A lot of meat you see for sale has been glazed. If you buy a chop or something from a supermarket and see that it glistens with rainbow hues in the light, almost like oil on water, than that's the glaze you can see. It's used for two reasons. First is to preserve the colour so it sells better, the second is to make it last longer. We used to do nitride testing on meat samples, to make sure the supplies kept within the legal limits of how much glazing they were allowed to use.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Incidently, I used to work in a food testing laboratory. I can tell you from first hand experience that kabab meat has similar antiaging properties.

Long lasting food is usually low in water or high in sugar, as bacteria don't like environments that are too dry or two sweet. That's why many deserts have such a long shelf life. The only reason I can think of why meat, like the kabab or the burger part, last well is chemical preservatives. A lot of meat you see for sale has been glazed. If you buy a chop or something from a supermarket and see that it glistens with rainbow hues in the light, almost like oil on water, than that's the glaze you can see. It's used for two reasons. First is to preserve the colour so it sells better, the second is to make it last longer. We used to do nitride testing on meat samples, to make sure the supplies kept within the legal limits of how much glazing they were allowed to use.
Wow! Thanks for the insider info. You learn something new every day!

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
i'm not hungry anymore, some one should put out the word about this thread for people trying to lose weight.

foolish heart

MBTI Type
ISTP
Interesting video, but I don't agree with her saying that the amount of salt and preserves pumped into mcdonalds food is the reason people stay fat. that doesnt make any sense... the body's digestive system has to break food down into its components to pass through the bloodstream, there is no such thing as saturated fat molecules with salt or something that would preserve it longer or make it harder to remove from someone's fat deposits.

im certainly not defending mcdonalds food as healthy here, because its awful, but as she pointed out the only thing that happened was the bun falling apart. the reason the food doesnt mold or deteriorate is because it's heavily processed and dries out. without moisture, mold or bacteria can't survive like it does on the raw potatos. the mcdonalds fries are deep fried and the hamburger patty and cheese are topped by what is practically a sponge. :alttongue:

besides a cheap way to make it taste good, mcdonalds puts tons of salt on their food because it makes you feel thirsty and drinks have the highest profit margin of all restaurant food! (i would guess about 2000-3000%)

Ignazio

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Oh my gosh! THE BURGER IS THE HIGHLANDER!

Heeeeeere we are!
Born to be kings!
We're the princes of the universe!

There can be only one!

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
So we never really know if they're handing us four-year-old burgers at McDonalds? Lovely.

foolish heart

MBTI Type
ISTP
^ No, they have strict guidelines on serving "fresh" food (it's frozen before it's cooked). If you've ever noticed McDonalds workers pulling hamburger patties out from a tray, that unit is a heater which keeps the food warm and has a timer on how long it's been since it was cooked (it's less than you'd think). Similarly most things served in fast food restaurant chains are done by tried and true periods of time for cooking and serving. Obviously it's not 5-star but it's to the company's best interest to regulate themselves lest they offend the appetite of their customers, or worse, food handling regulations. :)

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Interesting, thanks for sharing. Never liked fast food anyway.