User Tag List

12 Last

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Default Zombie food that refuses to die!

Anyone addicted to fast food and looking for encouragement to stop indulging?

[youtube="4IGtDPG4UfI"]McDonalds, 4 years on[/youtube]

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Sexy.

We should study the hamburgers to fight aging! Overpopulation!
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

That's insane. Someone needs to tell Morgan Spurlock so he can make a Revised Edition of "Super Size Me".
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Sexy.

We should study the hamburgers to fight aging! Overpopulation!
    Maybe the Egyptians had it wrong. Instead of embalming their dead, perhaps they should have deep fat fried them instead.
    Don't make whine out of sour grapes.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Incidently, I used to work in a food testing laboratory. I can tell you from first hand experience that kabab meat has similar antiaging properties.

Long lasting food is usually low in water or high in sugar, as bacteria don't like environments that are too dry or two sweet. That's why many deserts have such a long shelf life. The only reason I can think of why meat, like the kabab or the burger part, last well is chemical preservatives. A lot of meat you see for sale has been glazed. If you buy a chop or something from a supermarket and see that it glistens with rainbow hues in the light, almost like oil on water, than that's the glaze you can see. It's used for two reasons. First is to preserve the colour so it sells better, the second is to make it last longer. We used to do nitride testing on meat samples, to make sure the supplies kept within the legal limits of how much glazing they were allowed to use.
    Don't make whine out of sour grapes.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Incidently, I used to work in a food testing laboratory. I can tell you from first hand experience that kabab meat has similar antiaging properties.

Long lasting food is usually low in water or high in sugar, as bacteria don't like environments that are too dry or two sweet. That's why many deserts have such a long shelf life. The only reason I can think of why meat, like the kabab or the burger part, last well is chemical preservatives. A lot of meat you see for sale has been glazed. If you buy a chop or something from a supermarket and see that it glistens with rainbow hues in the light, almost like oil on water, than that's the glaze you can see. It's used for two reasons. First is to preserve the colour so it sells better, the second is to make it last longer. We used to do nitride testing on meat samples, to make sure the supplies kept within the legal limits of how much glazing they were allowed to use.
    Wow! Thanks for the insider info. You learn something new every day!
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    yupp

i'm not hungry anymore, some one should put out the word about this thread for people trying to lose weight.

MBTI
    ISTP

Interesting video, but I don't agree with her saying that the amount of salt and preserves pumped into mcdonalds food is the reason people stay fat. that doesnt make any sense... the body's digestive system has to break food down into its components to pass through the bloodstream, there is no such thing as saturated fat molecules with salt or something that would preserve it longer or make it harder to remove from someone's fat deposits.

im certainly not defending mcdonalds food as healthy here, because its awful, but as she pointed out the only thing that happened was the bun falling apart. the reason the food doesnt mold or deteriorate is because it's heavily processed and dries out. without moisture, mold or bacteria can't survive like it does on the raw potatos. the mcdonalds fries are deep fried and the hamburger patty and cheese are topped by what is practically a sponge.

besides a cheap way to make it taste good, mcdonalds puts tons of salt on their food because it makes you feel thirsty and drinks have the highest profit margin of all restaurant food! (i would guess about 2000-3000%)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    i'm not hungry anymore, some one should put out the word about this thread for people trying to lose weight.
    It sure helped me!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTp

Oh my gosh! THE BURGER IS THE HIGHLANDER!

Heeeeeere we are!
    Born to be kings!
    We're the princes of the universe!

There can be only one!
    Forgive my typos. Sometimes my fingers get ahead of my brain.