• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Master Cleanse

infjwatching

Hello,

I am about to start a new exercise regime and a friend suggested that before I start I should going on the Master Cleanse for 10 days to remove toxins. Has anyone on the forum done the Master Cleanse? If so did it help or hurt? I already eat organic and pretty healthy.

Thanks,
INFJGirlie

Metamorphosis

MBTI Type
INTJ
I imagine drinking water and pissing accomplishes basically the same thing. We have organs designed for this purpose.

If you like pissing out of your ass go for it, though.

MBTI Type
INTJ
I looked into this quite a bit when a friend raved about it, and I learned that it's basically a scam. The supplements they give you create the, uh, "leavings" that so impress people and make them think they're being cleaned out.

Feops

MBTI Type
INTx
Detox programs are scams.

The body does a very fine job of keeping itself in order provided you eat well, which you already do.

Metamorphosis

MBTI Type
INTJ
When I was in college I knew some guys who took Magnesium Citrate for fun. It basically does the same thing, and I assure you that, while funny, it did not seem anywhere near an enjoyable experience.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Well, it's probably a good idea to clean out your digestive system.

On the other hand, I've seen ridiculous shit saying that people have headaches on "cleansing" programs because toxins are coming out of your body. The truth is that you're having headaches because you're starving.

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram

On the other hand, I've seen ridiculous shit saying that people have headaches on "cleansing" programs because toxins are coming out of your body. The truth is that you're having headaches because you're starving.

This

and likely dehydrated

And probably some of this

Just reverse osmosis your water and buy some iodine pills or something, that would help more.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I think you should just give yourself an enema, eat more fiber, and call it a day.

The only health benefit I see from detox diets is the clearing of the digestive system, and some people really do have waste in their intestines because they eat so much red meat and not enough fiber, etc.

Feops

MBTI Type
INTx

No, it's actually counter-productive. Your digestive system has an ecosystem all on its own, and an aggressive cleanse throws that balance off. It's like saying that spraying bleach in your eyeballs might be a good idea because there's bacteria there. :cheese:

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
yeah... just eat a balanced diet and more fiber if that's your concern... everything I've ever read on "cleansing" that wasn't an ad of some sort FOR a cleanse program has said that it's unhealthy and unnecissary... :)

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
No, it's actually counter-productive. Your digestive system has an ecosystem all on its own, and an aggressive cleanse throws that balance off. It's like saying that spraying bleach in your eyeballs might be a good idea because there's bacteria there. :cheese:

It depends on how you're doing it. Yeah, heavy chemical laxatives will screw you up. But people really do not eat enough fiber, and often should have more probiotics (like what's found in yogurt) in their diet.

infjwatching

Thanks that's what I thought it sounds too aggressive and new age to me. Yeah I will stick with my organic eating plan as I already very healthy lots of fruits, veggies, whole grains and yogurt everyday.

Thanks everyone for your input

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
i've been doing cleanses twice a year, every year since i
was 27. not the master cleanse itself.

most important thing to do is to get on a pre-cleanse
diet to reduce the acidity levels in your body.
you can test your acidity levels with pH paper.

if you jump right in you'll feel sick.

you shouldn't feel hungry on the cleanse
if you're doing it right. it's not about starving.
and the weight you drop is water weight anyway.

i drink 5 psyllium husk shakes with benotite clay.
(mix it with fresh pineapple or watermelon juice)
i also have two liver flush drinks, two coconut waters.
i also take multivitamins + spirulina tablets
during the fasting. and do two daily colemas.

it's a magnificent change, the energy levels are great
and your skin just glows.

but most importantly LISTEN to your body. the 3rd and
4th days some people do get slight headaches because
of the changes going in their body, thus it's important
to start off on the right foot with a pre cleansing diet.

it's also helpful to talk to people who's actually gone
through it, say a cleansing forum or what not. getting opinions
is great, but it's also cool to get opinions from a wide
variety of resources.