User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Default Want to gain weight

I'm not underweight, I am at the very low spectrum of healthy BMI. I've got a hard time gaining weight and I am somewhat of a picky eater. I don't like meat and won't eat fast food, think it's really gross and I don't want fat weight, I just want some weight. **looking to get pregnant and middle of the road BMI is goal.

i get the normal amount of calories I'm supposed to everyday but need to increase it somehow.

Any tips to get your appetite up? Or stretch your stomach to hold more food? I was on steroids for a poison ivy rash once and I ate huge amounts of food, is there anything to simulate that to get my appetite jump started?

MBTI
    yupp

marijuana

MBTI
    ENTP

I thought about it but no, probably make me less fertile.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

I'd get a good quality protein powder at something like a GNC/Vitamin World, and make shakes in a blender maybe twice a day.

Whole milk, some ice, scoop of protein powder, scoop of peanut butter, half a banana or so in a blender is pretty easy and convenient, not to mention it tastes absolutely incredible.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Many years ago when I was trying to put on a couple of pounds I just started eating a handful of peanuts after dinner or lunch, several times a week (even though I was already full...so kinda forcefully pushing the stomach size), and started incorporating ice cream and cheeses into my diet. Also started eating peanut butter sandwiches at that time and continue to this date.

If you like nuts and/or cheeses/milk products, that can be a good way to increase the calorie intake without it being entirely unhealthy.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cascadeco View Post
    Many years ago when I was trying to put on a couple of pounds I just started eating a handful of peanuts after dinner or lunch, several times a week (even though I was already full...so kinda forcefully pushing the stomach size), and started incorporating ice cream and cheeses into my diet. Also started eating peanut butter sandwiches at that time and continue to this date.
    Yeah basically this, if you want to keep it with the natural foods. Nuts, cheeses, peanut butter, and potato bread!

MBTI
    Mine
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by Tewt View Post
    I'm not underweight, I am at the very low spectrum of healthy BMI. I've got a hard time gaining weight and I am somewhat of a picky eater. I don't like meat and won't eat fast food, think it's really gross and I don't want fat weight, I just want some weight. **looking to get pregnant and middle of the road BMI is goal.

i get the normal amount of calories I'm supposed to everyday but need to increase it somehow.
    I don't get why this is an issue... the idea of having to put on a lot of weight and "eating for two" during pregnancy is something of a fallacy so far as I can see; it appears more important to maintain a weight that is healthy for you and eat a balanced diet high in NUTRIENTS, which are not the same as calories. Putting on a lot of extra weight just throws your system out of kilter, puts extra strain on your body, and makes it harder to lose later (with the resultant stretch marks). I would say that you would need to eat a few more calories during pregnancy (but not that many) and be sure to eat a balanced diet containing a good range of all nutrients that the baby needs; you will need a lot more vitamins and minerals than usual, especially things like calcium. Where were you getting this idea that you have to weigh more before pregancy from - have you been advised this by a professional, or told this by people you know, etc?
    Look into my avatar. Look deep into my avatar...

MBTI
    yupp

I've actually gained 15lbs since started working out, so maybe you're like me. Of course I have no money so I'm only eating 2 meals a day. Sometimes even 1

MBTI
    Mine
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    I've actually gained 15lbs since started working out, so maybe you're like me. Of course I have no money so I'm only eating 2 meals a day. Sometimes even 1
    Could be muscle, depending on the exercises you're doing muscle weighs more than fat!
    Look into my avatar. Look deep into my avatar...

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by ragashree View Post
    Could be muscle, depending on the exercises you're doing muscle weighs more than fat!
    cardio?