User Tag List

First 12

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix_400 View Post
    I think I mentioned my idea in passing to you a while back. Body weight exercises are the way to go on a budget. Look into gymnastic exercises.

I also highly recommend this book:
    Capoeira Conditioning.
    Amazon.com: Capoeira Conditioning: How to Build Strength, Agility, and Cardiovascular Fitness Using Capoeira Movements…

This book has a great breakdown of body weight exercises (with good illustrations) categorized by what they're for (flexibility, strength, explosive power, etc). It also has set programs targeting specific muscle groups, with sets ranging from 7min - 30min.+ workouts (and let me tell ya, even the 7min. workouts will put a hurtin' on ya if ya keep up the cardio side of things:workout.

They do kind of talk Capoeira up like its God's gift to fitness training, but they're not too over-the-top. It really does have a lot of good information, sound advice, and Capoeira is an excellent full body workout.

NOTE: This book has a lot of good exercises to build a base to start real capoeira training. You don't even get into the crazy flips and things you'll see on videos, so don't let something like that intimidate you.

Good Luck!
    Thank Sweetie,yes you did mention that to me but I didn't remember that there was book. I am going online right now to see how much it is.

Everyone thank you, you've all given me some great ideas to achive my goals. I am healthy, just not as fit as I want to be but I am going to be, no more jelly belly! If you have anymore tips or suggestions, please let me know because, I need to keep up with a certain sexy fit hiker I know! lol

Banned
    MBTI
    xSFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

WANTING TO GET FITTER!
    I want to be more fit.
    But FITTER I'm not wanting.
    know this isn't very fitting.
    But I'll be the most fit.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by onceuponatime View Post
    WANTING TO GET FITTER!
    I want to be more fit.
    But FITTER I'm not wanting.
    know this isn't very fitting.
    But I'll be the most fit.
    Thanks! LOL

facettes de la petite mor Words of Ivory's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Healthy eating. Regular exercise. It's amazing how easy it is once you really put it in the focus.

As others have suggested, try and find a way to exercise through doing things that you personally enjoy yourself. Find an excuse to get outside the door more, and even if you can't, make your time inside an exercise routine. I play a lot of video games due to my profession for instance, but I've made it a rule to take breaks regularly during the day to exercise while listening to podcasts relating to my own personal hobbies.

Focus is the key. Of course, being an INFJ, you probably know how hard that particularly trait can be to find at times. =P

BTW, hot avatar.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Life calls out the meaning of pure jubilance,
    if you'll only take the time to hear it."
    ~ Words of Ivory ~

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by infjwatching View Post
    Thank Sweetie,yes you did mention that to me but I didn't remember that there was book. I am going online right now to see how much it is.

Everyone thank you, you've all given me some great ideas to achive my goals. I am healthy, just not as fit as I want to be but I am going to be, no more jelly belly! If you have anymore tips or suggestions, please let me know because, I need to keep up with a certain sexy fit hiker I know! lol
    Do the 30 day shred if you're trying to tone up, on top of walking and riding your bike. You can get it on-line I think, or it costs maybe ten bucks for the DVD at Wal-Mart or Target.

Or like someone else said, run instead of walk and do some sit-ups.

MBTI
    INxP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by infjwatching View Post

Hey Honey,

Here's what I was talking to you about earlier. I decided to post it on here for anyone else who may be interested.

Army PT manual. FM21-20 in handy pdf format:
    http://www.hooah4health.com/4you/FM2021-20.pdf

Its a long read, use the table of contents wisely . I usually throw in a few of my old PT exercises with some of my favs out of the capoeira book. If you'd like, I can give you a list of what I consider to be really good body weight excercises from the PT. I might have to find links to them though, there's some that have different names than what's used in the civilian world.

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Or like someone else said, run instead of walk and do some sit-ups.
    I actually wouldn't recommend sit-ups. They can put unnecessary strain on the lower back (of course, my back's blown out pretty good, so its something I have to pay extra attention to). Crunches aren't that effective either. For abdominal exercises I would recommend: flutter kicks, supine bicycle, the plank, and mountain climbers.
    "People in glass houses shouldn't use Windex when living near bird sanctuaries."- myself

"We are never alone my friend. We are constantly in the company of victories, losses, strengths and weaknesses. Make no mistake, life is war...and war is hell. Those who fight the hardest will suffer the most...but that's what you have to do: Fight. As long as you're feeling pain, then there's hope...because only the dead do not suffer." -RD Metcalf
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix_400 View Post
    Hey Honey,

Here's what I was talking to you about earlier. I decided to post it on here for anyone else who may be interested.

Army PT manual. FM21-20 in handy pdf format:
    http://www.hooah4health.com/4you/FM2021-20.pdf

Its a long read, use the table of contents wisely . I usually throw in a few of my old PT exercises with some of my favs out of the capoeira book. If you'd like, I can give you a list of what I consider to be really good body weight excercises from the PT. I might have to find links to them though, there's some that have different names than what's used in the civilian world.

I actually wouldn't recommend sit-ups. They can put unnecessary strain on the lower back (of course, my back's blown out pretty good, so its something I have to pay extra attention to). Crunches aren't that effective either. For abdominal exercises I would recommend: flutter kicks, supine bicycle, the plank, and mountain climbers.
    Yes of course Sweetie I always want your advice on which ones you think are best for me. I have already downloaded the PDF file you sent, and I am getting the exercise ball as you suggested tonight. I hope you sleep well Lover and have yummy dreams! LOL

Thanks again to everyone has giving me so much information on fitness and diet, I will be a lean mean fighting machine in just a few months.