• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Nature Walks For Your Health!

man

MBTI Type
IntP
Enneagram
=)
Does anyone here find walking,biking, running, meditating, etc. through nature rejuvenates them?!?!
:D

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
I'm a fan of running or walking personally, it gives me so much more energy and makes my day better, :)

Words of Ivory

facettes de la petite mor
MBTI Type
INFJ
If you had asked me this question a year ago, I would have said "hell no!". Now though, I'm a bit of a fitness freak. It wasn't by personal choice or enlightenment, I assure you. The need to lose weight required it.

I love walking from place to place. The feeling of energy is great, but the most fascinating part for me is the sights of the journey for me. Even living in this town for 28 years, I find myself noticing things I've never seen before. And this is a very beautiful place to live if you know where to look.

Just to give you an idea of what I mean, this is right up the road from my house: link- St. Coleman's Cathedral by ~Words-of-Ivory on deviantART. And this is the view if you turn around from that exact spot: link - A Cathedral With A View by ~Words-of-Ivory on deviantART.

Who wouldn't walk for two minutes to see a sight like that?

man

MBTI Type
IntP
Enneagram
=)
Just to give you an idea of what I mean, this is right up the road from my house: link- St. Coleman's Cathedral by ~Words-of-Ivory on deviantART. And this is the view if you turn around from that exact spot: link - A Cathedral With A View by ~Words-of-Ivory on deviantART.

Who wouldn't walk for two minutes to see a sight like that?

That's beautiful!!!! I love the view of the sea you have, if that's what you have to look forward to after only a two minute walk I envy you. :)

Words of Ivory

facettes de la petite mor
MBTI Type
INFJ

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I find a nice stroll through nature to be more invigorating than anything... other than sex :)

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
...rejuvenates ...

No. Doesn't rejuvenate me although I like immersing in nature and enjoy the physical activity (well not the running part), I need interaction with other people or animals, not solo activities for rejuvenation.

Xenon

(blankpages)
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I only enjoy it if I'm generally in a positive and peaceful mindset anyway. Otherwise I get too lost in my negative thoughts to take much notice of my surroundings.

So it can't really uplift me when I need uplifting.

Cheshire Grin

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Oh yes sir-ee, definitely. Trees have a calming/rejuvenating effect on me, as does water (as long as you don't push me in fully clothed :p). For me it has more to do with the thought that nature is alive and fluid, it's moving and growing and going through cycles...and being close to it reminds me of this 'life.' I find mountain ranges incredibly beautiful. The sound of rain also calms me :)

Pixelholic

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
8w7
I like biking. I wouldn't say it rejuvenates me but it is meditative and I feel energized afterwards.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
No. Doesn't rejuvenate me although I like immersing in nature and enjoy the physical activity (well not the running part), I need interaction with other people or animals, not solo activities for rejuvenation.

that's kind of funny, because in a way the fact that it's quiet and peaceful and I'm DOING something is what I find most rejuvinating about it! Somehow hiking with anything more than a dog doesn't have the same effect in a way :thinking:

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
If I don't go out for a walk, I feel drained of energy. On occasion, I need to take a really long walk. I did that on Friday (somewhere between 20 and 25 miles). I felt energized and happy and a little sore, but not tired. I love walking by the river. :wubbie:

that's kind of funny, because in a way the fact that it's quiet and peaceful and I'm DOING something is what I find most rejuvinating about it! Somehow hiking with anything more than a dog doesn't have the same effect in a way :thinking:

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

Definitely changes the impact. Hiking doesn't interest me that much to begin with, on my own it can be quite reflective, and even relaxing but certainly doesn't give me a high or increased energy, 99/100 I wouldn't even consider going for a hike unless I could drag someone along with me as well. I seek fun. People = fun.

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
i like walking. i live in a city where people drive everywhere.
i meditate when i'm out of the city quite often. well, more like napping.

MafiaAngel180

MBTI Type
ENFP
I totally love it. We have a rail trail system, where all of the old railroad beds were converted into paved bike/walking trails. I've been covering 7-8 miles in my little jaunts, which feels like nothing because it's so theraputic. It takes us through the woods, past rolling farm land, over a big rusty bridge, and past waterfalls. I love it!!!!! It reminds me of my childhood. Gotta love the smell of fresh mown hay on a morning walk!