User Tag List

First 123 Last

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by man View Post
    ...rejuvenates ...
    No. Doesn't rejuvenate me although I like immersing in nature and enjoy the physical activity (well not the running part), I need interaction with other people or animals, not solo activities for rejuvenation.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

I only enjoy it if I'm generally in a positive and peaceful mindset anyway. Otherwise I get too lost in my negative thoughts to take much notice of my surroundings.

So it can't really uplift me when I need uplifting.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Oh yes sir-ee, definitely. Trees have a calming/rejuvenating effect on me, as does water (as long as you don't push me in fully clothed :P). For me it has more to do with the thought that nature is alive and fluid, it's moving and growing and going through cycles...and being close to it reminds me of this 'life.' I find mountain ranges incredibly beautiful. The sound of rain also calms me
    The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me. --A. Rand

MBTI
    ISFJ

No. It makes me older and tired.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    8w7

I like biking. I wouldn't say it rejuvenates me but it is meditative and I feel energized afterwards.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.” -Nietzsche

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    No. Doesn't rejuvenate me although I like immersing in nature and enjoy the physical activity (well not the running part), I need interaction with other people or animals, not solo activities for rejuvenation.
    that's kind of funny, because in a way the fact that it's quiet and peaceful and I'm DOING something is what I find most rejuvinating about it! Somehow hiking with anything more than a dog doesn't have the same effect in a way
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

If I don't go out for a walk, I feel drained of energy. On occasion, I need to take a really long walk. I did that on Friday (somewhere between 20 and 25 miles). I felt energized and happy and a little sore, but not tired. I love walking by the river.

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    that's kind of funny, because in a way the fact that it's quiet and peaceful and I'm DOING something is what I find most rejuvinating about it! Somehow hiking with anything more than a dog doesn't have the same effect in a way
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    Definitely changes the impact. Hiking doesn't interest me that much to begin with, on my own it can be quite reflective, and even relaxing but certainly doesn't give me a high or increased energy, 99/100 I wouldn't even consider going for a hike unless I could drag someone along with me as well. I seek fun. People = fun.

i like walking. i live in a city where people drive everywhere.
    i meditate when i'm out of the city quite often. well, more like napping.
    every normal man must be tempted, at times,
    to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag,
    and begin slitting throats.
    h.l. mencken

MBTI
    ENFP

I totally love it. We have a rail trail system, where all of the old railroad beds were converted into paved bike/walking trails. I've been covering 7-8 miles in my little jaunts, which feels like nothing because it's so theraputic. It takes us through the woods, past rolling farm land, over a big rusty bridge, and past waterfalls. I love it!!!!! It reminds me of my childhood. Gotta love the smell of fresh mown hay on a morning walk!