User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 32

  1. #21
    Highly Hollow Wandering's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    873

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    My new question is: "If we had a fire, would I miss this?"
    You can get rid of a LOT of stuff with THAT question! LOL!
    Maybe just a TAD too much in my case I mean, basically, the only stuff I would actually miss would be the irreplaceable (or hard to replace) stuff, like letters from family and friends, official papers, pictures, some of the content of our computers' hard-drives The rest? Pfuit, you can always replace it!

  2. #22
    Senior Member INTJMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    5,351

    Default

    Exactly! See how much I can get cleaned out?!

  3. #23
    Highly Hollow Wandering's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    873

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    Exactly! See how much I can get cleaned out?!
    And even like that, you STILL manage to retain about 50% of the stuff?? Wow, you're obviously better at not storing useless stuff to begin with than I am Me, it'd be like 90% of the stuff that I would end up having to get rid of

  4. #24
    darkened dreams labyrinthine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    8,595

    Default

    A marathon provides an end-point and a sense of accomplishment. Running just randomly doesn't have the same structure as preparing for a marathon. If I felt well enough and had the energy, I would rather train for a marathon than just run. I would end up exercising much more consistently that way. But alas, I'm too tired to try either.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

  5. #25
    filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Posts
    3,272

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    A marathon provides an end-point and a sense of accomplishment. Running just randomly doesn't have the same structure as preparing for a marathon. If I felt well enough and had the energy, I would rather train for a marathon than just run. I would end up exercising much more consistently that way. But alas, I'm too tired to try either.
    Two J's have spoken about the delights of structure Its funny how you seem to think of it as a good thing..

  6. #26
    Highly Hollow Wandering's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    873

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Santtu View Post
    Two J's have spoken about the delights of structure Its funny how you seem to think of it as a good thing..
    Just so you don't get the wrong idea: I'm a J who HATES structure, and most particularly ROUTINE, with a passion! The very idea of "routine" makes me go "LET ME OUTTA HERE!!!" :rolli:

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    401

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wandering View Post
    Just so you don't get the wrong idea: I'm a J who HATES structure, and most particularly ROUTINE, with a passion! The very idea of "routine" makes me go "LET ME OUTTA HERE!!!" :rolli:
    I hate day to day routine, but I like structured activities. Well, I like acitivites with a goal that I am working towards.

  8. #28
    Highly Hollow Wandering's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    873

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by quietgirl View Post
    I like structured activities. Well, I like acitivites with a goal that I am working towards.
    Hmmm... Put that way, honestly, I think I do too

  9. #29
    filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Posts
    3,272

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haight View Post
    Exactly.

    And, oddly enough, notta and I start training for the Baltimore Marathon in two weeks (the marathon is near the end of summer).

    What's the training level you start from and where you aim at?

    Here, I run 10km (7 miles) in 1 hour easily, but I'm not used to running much more than that. I go for under 4hr.

    I'll try to run in Stockholm marathon, I don't remember when. April, June? I'll expect to improve my 1hr time and my endurance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  10. #30
    Doesn't Read Your Posts Haight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTj
    Posts
    6,243

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Santtu View Post
    What's the training level you start from and where you aim at?
    We're starting at 3 miles on Saturday. We're going to follow that up with 26.2 miles in October. Everything in between is unknown at this point.
    "The only time I'm wrong is when I'm questioning myself."
    Haight

Similar Threads

  1. What is my type? A friend wants to know
    By Propper in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 03-24-2013, 04:22 AM
  2. [INTJ] Bizarre behavior of my INTJ friend
    By SolitaryWalker in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 01-28-2013, 11:03 AM
  3. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 04-28-2012, 05:26 PM
  4. [INTP] How do I get my INTP friend to stop destroying everything?
    By Coeur in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 08-17-2010, 09:58 PM
  5. [MBTItm] INTJ: trying to understand my ISTJ friend
    By Glass Forest in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-06-2010, 01:13 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO