• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What made my INTJ friend to start marathon training..

Wandering

Highly Hollow
MBTI Type
INFJ
My new question is: "If we had a fire, would I miss this?"
You can get rid of a LOT of stuff with THAT question! LOL!
Maybe just a TAD too much in my case :rolleyes: I mean, basically, the only stuff I would actually miss would be the irreplaceable (or hard to replace) stuff, like letters from family and friends, official papers, pictures, some of the content of our computers' hard-drives :D The rest? Pfuit, you can always replace it!

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Exactly! See how much I can get cleaned out?! ;)

Wandering

Highly Hollow
MBTI Type
INFJ
Exactly! See how much I can get cleaned out?! ;)
And even like that, you STILL manage to retain about 50% of the stuff?? Wow, you're obviously better at not storing useless stuff to begin with than I am :D Me, it'd be like 90% of the stuff that I would end up having to get rid of :alttongue:

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
A marathon provides an end-point and a sense of accomplishment. Running just randomly doesn't have the same structure as preparing for a marathon. If I felt well enough and had the energy, I would rather train for a marathon than just run. I would end up exercising much more consistently that way. But alas, I'm too tired to try either.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
A marathon provides an end-point and a sense of accomplishment. Running just randomly doesn't have the same structure as preparing for a marathon. If I felt well enough and had the energy, I would rather train for a marathon than just run. I would end up exercising much more consistently that way. But alas, I'm too tired to try either.
Two J's have spoken about the delights of structure :) Its funny how you seem to think of it as a good thing..

Wandering

Highly Hollow
MBTI Type
INFJ
Two J's have spoken about the delights of structure :) Its funny how you seem to think of it as a good thing..
Just so you don't get the wrong idea: I'm a J who HATES structure, and most particularly ROUTINE, with a passion! The very idea of "routine" makes me go "LET ME OUTTA HERE!!!" :rolli:

quietgirl

MBTI Type
INFJ
Just so you don't get the wrong idea: I'm a J who HATES structure, and most particularly ROUTINE, with a passion! The very idea of "routine" makes me go "LET ME OUTTA HERE!!!" :rolli:

I hate day to day routine, but I like structured activities. Well, I like acitivites with a goal that I am working towards.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Exactly.

And, oddly enough, notta and I start training for the Baltimore Marathon in two weeks (the marathon is near the end of summer).

:headphne:
What's the training level you start from and where you aim at?

Here, I run 10km (7 miles) in 1 hour easily, but I'm not used to running much more than that. I go for under 4hr.

I'll try to run in Stockholm marathon, I don't remember when. April, June? I'll expect to improve my 1hr time and my endurance.

Haight

Doesn't Read Your Posts
MBTI Type
INTj
What's the training level you start from and where you aim at?
We're starting at 3 miles on Saturday. We're going to follow that up with 26.2 miles in October. Everything in between is unknown at this point. :run:

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Hm, I have to train in much shorter time.. hope the sedentary lifestyle I've enjoyed last 2 months haven't made too much of an impact.. I think I'll go see a doctor before starting my training, but I think I'll start from 20 miles a week and continue to 50 miles a week. That's little more than what I did before my break.

Well, good luck to you!

Haight

Doesn't Read Your Posts
MBTI Type
INTj
You're already talking to a Doctor, and I think your plan sounds great.

Carry on. . . and save your money.