User Tag List

First 12345 Last

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

There is a difference between punishing yourself because you're disgusted with yourself and think you're a bad person, vs. realizing what you need to do to have a healthy body and mind, and making yourself do it even though it's unpleasant to go that extra mile or forgo the second slice of cheesecake.

One is these is extremely unhealthy. I'll leave it to you to figure out which. I hope you're telling these thoughts to your therapist, though.
    -end of thread-

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Based on how much you've talked lately about exercising, panic attacks and physical and mental pain that it causes I do think it is an unhealthy thing for you.

You appear to be stuck in a loop whereby you exercise because you think you have to in order to overcome weaknesses however the exercise is painful for you so you beat yourself up even harder as a result, as you see it as an indication of weakness. So yes, bad. Stop. Find another approach.

If it's about health or weight, change your diet if it's bad, reduce food proportions if they are too large, increase fresh foods if they are lacking. If your diet is good get your parents to take you to a nutritionist as there is likely an underlying issue you can't see. If you don't want to do that eliminate a bunch of foods for a bit keeping a bland diet, an easy way to do that without having to research is to go for products that have the least amount of ingredients, then slowly introduce other foods back in and monitor your reaction, it may be as simple as having an allergy. Guilt over food is not healthy.

If it's about fitness and the problems are physical pain see a physio or GP, if you can't get to one or afford one then see if you can go to a local gym where someone who has some decent knowledge of physiology can talk you through what is ideal for you, if they think you may sign up to the gym there's a chance you can use their expertise for free, of course be careful that they know what they're talking about.

If the problems are mental then try to find a therapist or GP, if you can't get to one or afford one try the help lines, if you're having panic attacks then you are not abusing their time by speaking to them, most cities have free services for teens if you link in to the right people.

Your exercise does not sound healthy.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

for a good question, what do you ENJOY doing? once you figure that out things are much easier to work with
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    for a good question, what do you ENJOY doing? once you figure that out things are much easier to work with
    What if I enjoy nothing?
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

then you need to try more things out!

(and I wasn't just talking about exercize there, I was talking life in general )
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ENFJ

then you need to try more things out!

(and I wasn't just talking about exercize there, I was talking life in general )
    I like writing and knitting. These are generally considered sedentary activities.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

do you ever do any form of research, social or intellectual, for your writing?

MBTI
    ENFJ

do you ever do any form of research, social or intellectual, for your writing?
    Yes, an awful lot.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I remember hearing that Eudora Welty used to study how people talked by riding the busses... around here riding the busses can end up being a form of exercize in it's own right (I often have to walk a few blocks every so often to catch another bus... not to mention bracing yourself against the motion of someone else driving)... just little things, incorporating interests with minor things that are helpful, can make a lot of difference

MBTI
    INtP

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    What if I enjoy nothing?
    You almost seemed to hint that you might find sexxors enjoyable. So there.