• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

depressed after exercising?

depressed after exercising

• Total voters

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Anyone else experience this. It's not because I over do it, but for some reason i never feel good or happy after i excercise instead I tend to just feel blue and down and like life isn't worth anything.and I know jogging is suppose to realease endorphins, but that doesn't happen for me, for some reason.

Last edited by a moderator:

Seymour

Vaguely Precise
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I generally have the opposite feeling. Are you exercising on an empty stomach? That sounds a bit like it could be low blood sugar (which makes me feel very unmotivated and depressed).

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I generally have the opposite feeling. Are you exercising on an empty stomach? That sounds a bit like it could be low blood sugar (which makes me feel very unmotivated and depressed).

nope I always make sure I have food in my stomach I usually eat protein and carbs, my fav thing to eat before working out is a peanutbutter sandwhich.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
exercize makes me happy and makes me feel alive... I love the feeling of my muscles stretching out and DOING something :yes:

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I kinda feel the same. After exercising I get the blues. Maybe it's because I spent such a long time in an S task... :p

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
exercize makes me happy and makes me feel alive... I love the feeling of my muscles stretching out and DOING something :yes:

Yeah, same. Unless I'm totally exhausted.

Xenon

(blankpages)
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Do you mean your mood is worse than usual after exercise, or that you just don't notice any change?

I don't feel any worse that usual after exercising, but I don't get that mood lift people talk about either. It's happened in the past, and it happened a few times when I got back to exercising earlier this year, but it doesn't seem to happen anymore. I wish I knew what made the difference.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Do you mean your mood is worse than usual after exercise, or that you just don't notice any change?

I don't feel any worse that usual after exercising, but I don't get that mood lift people talk about either. It's happened in the past, and it happened a few times when I got back to exercising earlier this year, but it doesn't seem to happen anymore. I wish I knew what made the difference.

my mood worsens

Eckhart

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
???
I feel depressed when only thinking about excercising (and then not doing it), does that count?

Reflection

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
How can you be depressed after exercising? I always feel great and filled with energy. I cannot even comprehend how you could feel bad after a nice bout of exercising.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I kinda feel the same. After exercising I get the blues. Maybe it's because I spent such a long time in an S task... :p

haha!! me too. i have the same feeling as i would after cleaning out my refrigerator or some other total boring menial task. :laugh:

Pixelholic

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
8w7
I'm always borderline hyperactive after exercise, my energy and mood levels go through the roof.

Are you unhappy about your ability or work you do in an exercise routine? Maybe you're subconsciously setting too lofty of goals for yourself? I've never heard of anyone being depressed after exercise.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
no, change it up sometimes i go to the fitness room and either do the bike or the elipitical or i go for a jog where i jog a block briskly walk a block and sometimes i go biking. and I make sure I hydrate before that i don't over do it etc. I make sure i have energy ie i eat but not right before.

Pixelholic

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
8w7
Maybe throw in some fruit? Some simple sugars may help. I know for me at least that even if I'm in a hurry in the morning and don't have time for a proper breakfast I at least drink some orange juice and it makes a huge difference in my morning bike rides.

I hope you figure out what it is, exercise shouldn't be something that sends you into depression.