18 62.07%
  • a few times

3 10.34%
  • huh?

3 10.34%
First 34567 Last

MBTI
    yupp

I do have actual goals, i jog from my apartment to a block from the art instute and back which is 6 blocks and i sometimes bike I do stretch before and after. The problem is I'm never going to love exercising, because that's not who i am I'm doing this cuz a few weeks ago i went for a short bike ride and when i got back i thought i was going to die. and btw i do push myself.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Can somebody take someone from negative numbers?
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    I do have actual goals, i jog from my apartment to a block from the art instute and back which is 6 blocks and i sometimes bike I do stretch before and after. The problem is I'm never going to love exercising, because that's not who i am I'm doing this cuz a few weeks ago i went for a short bike ride and when i got back i thought i was going to die.
    You thought you were going to die? Do you drink a lot of alcohol? Are you working out when you're hung over?

I'm having a hard time understanding this...most people get a rush from exercising...though I do know that doing things outside makes me happy because it reminds me of being a kid...and if you hated exercise when you were a kid, could this all be psychological for you, because I'm sure the happiness I associate with riding a bike or walking/jogging outside is psychological as well as biochemical.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Well if you don't enjoy it, why not just change your eating habits to match your base metabolism? You can figure out your metabolism or have a nutritionist figure it out and just adjust your diet to match it. Since then you'd have a net zero impact on your calorie intake you wouldn't need to exercise.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.” -Nietzsche

MBTI
    yupp

I wasn't hungover. I know because i hadn't been drinking, and no i do not exercise hungover.

MBTI
    yupp

I use to love riding my bike as a kid, never liked running but never gave it much of a chance.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 so/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Exercising helps me stop thinking. It's good for me at least.
    Thinking too much usually leads to depression for me.

MBTI
    INTJ

It would usually worsen in school. It didn't improve a couple times when I had extremely stressful and troubling things going on. Running those off didn't work 100%.

Most of the time I feel pumped and happy. Do work until your sweating and feel like you want to die. Because in that moment you can realize you won't die, that life tried to take you but you survived. Then bathe in the endorphins and happiness.

EDIT: Maybe some people just don't get pumped by this. As I mentioned in the coffee thread, I never feel different from caffeine. Also I never get any feeling from cigarettes either, no buzz or high at all. Yet maybe I'm balanced in that I get extreme good feelings from exercise.

If you're looking for good feelings, try coffee and cigarettes. Maybe those will float your boat.

MBTI
    yupp

I'm not looking for good feelings, I'm looking to not feel depressed.I wouldn't care if my mood just stayed the same.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    Anyone else experience this. It's not because I over do it, but for some reason i never feel good or happy after i excercise instead I tend to just feel blue and down and like life isn't worth anything.and I know jogging is suppose to realease endorphins, but that doesn't happen for me, for some reason.
    Only when I really over heat or I push myself to exercise when I'm really fatigued and not up for it.
    I have to make sure I'm hydrated, nourished, and rested to have a workout with a good outcome.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.