• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

It hurts

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I can't bring myself to exercise anymore.

It hurts too much. It really does. And hurting is the only way I know it's working but I don't want it to hurt because it hurts. I don't know how I stood it back when I was in gym class because every time I think back to that class I only remember it as being horrifically painful, in pain every single fucking day of my life and nothing ever getting any better.

I can't do this anymore. I know I need to work out or else I'll be diabetic in like five years so I need to exercise but I can't because I think it will be horrifically painful like it was back then.

And I know it will be, because that's the only way I know it will work.

And because I know it will be, my body tenses into pretzels and it hurts even worse.

I am so weak. Even if it's 100% mental my mind is so weak.

Help me.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
have you tried working out in the pool instead? My knee totally sucks, so I end up swimming laps instead of using any of the exercize equipment because it hurts to run :(

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
have you tried working out in the pool instead? My knee totally sucks, so I end up swimming laps instead of using any of the exercize equipment because it hurts to run :(

There is nothing physically wrong with me, I'm just fucking crazy, I think is my point.

kiddykat

movin melodies
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4, 7
Yeah- I hate muscle pain- lactose build up in the muscles are a beatch.

Hang in there. Your body will get used to it. Trust.

Make a shake. Add banana to it. Helps a bunch.

Once you stop working out, your muscle start to shrink. You won't regret it.

Edit- Add vitamins/supplements too, if you feel burnt out by it. It's also a mental thing too. Keep your mind busy. Then the pain will be less noticeable.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Yeah- I hate muscle pain- lactose build up in the muscles are a beatch.

Hang in there. Your body will get used to it. Trust.

Make a shake. Add banana to it. Helps a bunch.

Once you stop working out, your muscle start to shrink. You won't regret it.

I was doing it for months and nothing ever helped. It hurt so much it hurt. I'm crying just thinking about it.

kiddykat

movin melodies
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4, 7
Oh I see. What's your diet like?

I know carbs won't really help. We need carbs for glucose for the brain, but an overload of it can cause us to feel moody.

Maybe this relates to glycemic index? Those spikes make a difference.

Low carbs, low sugar, more protein helps with alertness, focus, and mood.

If you're going to consume carbs (we need it in smaller amounts) go for brown rice. Not only is it good with not making us so drowsy/moody, it's good for bowel movement/intestinal cleansing. :)

I used to suffer from this, until I changed my diet. NO enriched carbs. Cut down on 'processed' foods. Eat fresh. Low glycemic index foods help with memory/retention as well as keeping our skins looking bright/healthy. Hope this helps. Since I started doing this, working out is pretty joyful!

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Oh I see. What's your diet like?

I know carbs won't really help. We need carbs for glucose for the brain, but an overload of it can cause us to feel moody.

Maybe this relates to glycemic index? Those spikes make a difference.

Low carbs, low sugar, more protein helps with alertness, focus, and mood.

There is no protein, I can't eat beans, they make me sick.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
There is nothing physically wrong with me, I'm just fucking crazy, I think is my point.

I just suggested it because I find water to be relaxing in a way (if it's shallow enough that I don't have to fear drowning in it... drowning is #1 on my list of ways I don't want to die) :)

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I just suggested it because I find water to be relaxing in a way (if it's shallow enough that I don't have to fear drowning in it... drowning is #1 on my list of ways I don't want to die) :)

The pool is not relaxing at all, it costs money.

LadyJaye

Scream down the boulevard
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I have a medical condition that makes me hurt pretty much all the time, so exercise was a big challenge. Perhaps you're doing too much too fast? Have you considered just going for a long walk, or riding a bike? For me, it's always trying to prevent the normal amount of pain from turning into excruciating pain later. So I had to take a slow and steady approach.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I have a medical condition that makes me hurt pretty much all the time, so exercise was a big challenge. Perhaps you're doing too much too fast? Have you considered just going for a long walk, or riding a bike? For me, it's always trying to prevent the normal amount of pain from turning into excruciating pain later. So I had to take a slow and steady approach.

I do go for long walks but they do nothing for my health.

kiddykat

movin melodies
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4, 7
I like the slow/steady approach as well. Give an hour to enjoy whatever it is you're enjoying..

If walking isn't helping- try stretches, dancing, pilates. Those help.

I swore I had chronic fatigue syndrome until I was rigorous about this. So far, I've slowly regained the energy back.

Keep pushing yourself slowly. Don't think about it as "I need" to "do this." Enjoy it. Even if it's an activity that doesn't seem to give results. Once you start, your body will crave more of it! I guarantee.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I like the slow/steady approach as well. Give an hour to enjoy whatever it is you're enjoying..

If walking isn't helping- try stretches, dancing, pilates. Those help.

I swore I had chronic fatigue syndrome until I was rigorous about this. So far, I've slowly regained the energy back.

Keep pushing yourself slowly. Don't think about it as "I need" to "do this." Enjoy it. Even if it's an activity that doesn't seem to give results. Once you start, your body will crave more of it! I guarantee.

I tried pilates, it was excruciatingly painful.

This was how I knew it was working.

I don't enjoy anything anymore. It's all very painful.

LadyJaye

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I tried pilates, it was excruciatingly painful.

This was how I knew it was working.

I don't enjoy anything anymore. It's all very painful.

Have you considered having a doctor check you out for something like FMS or chronic fatigue syndrome? That might be a cause. And hey, if he doesn't find anything wrong with you, then maybe what you need is a work out partner who can push you forward, and help you through the painful moments.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Have you considered having a doctor check you out for something like FMS or chronic fatigue syndrome? That might be a cause. And hey, if he doesn't find anything wrong with you, then maybe what you need is a work out partner who can push you forward, and help you through the painful moments.

Nothing can help me through painful moments, it's all too frightening. It's too much.

If FMS requires any kind of painful test I can't do it.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I do go for long walks but they do nothing for my health.

Walking does a LOT of good for anyone's health. You don't have to "feel a burn" to know if it is working.

Have you talked to a doctor about your pain? It does not sound "normal".

LadyJaye

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Nothing can help me through painful moments, it's all too frightening. It's too much.

If FMS requires any kind of painful test I can't do it.

Okay, so really what we're struggling with is fear. You're afraid. Have you spoken to a counselor about it? Fear is meant to indicate something to you about yourself or a situation, but it's not good when it overwhelms you or makes decisions for you.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Okay, so really what we're struggling with is fear. You're afraid. Have you spoken to a counselor about it? Fear is meant to indicate something to you about yourself or a situation, but it's not good when it overwhelms you or makes decisions for you.

I do not have the resources to talk to a counselor.

LadyJaye

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I do not have the resources to talk to a counselor.

You don't have to have money to speak to a qualified counselor. You can go through health and Human Services, or the United Way, or through a church organization like Catholic Services. Most are free, or are on a sliding scale.

There's also a program through the Midwest Center, which deals specifically with panic disorders and depression, that you can do from home if you're too uncomfortable talking to someone.