User Tag List

12311 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 237

Thread: It hurts

  1. #1
    Don't Judge Me! Haphazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    6,707

    Default It hurts

    I can't bring myself to exercise anymore.

    It hurts too much. It really does. And hurting is the only way I know it's working but I don't want it to hurt because it hurts. I don't know how I stood it back when I was in gym class because every time I think back to that class I only remember it as being horrifically painful, in pain every single fucking day of my life and nothing ever getting any better.

    I can't do this anymore. I know I need to work out or else I'll be diabetic in like five years so I need to exercise but I can't because I think it will be horrifically painful like it was back then.

    And I know it will be, because that's the only way I know it will work.

    And because I know it will be, my body tenses into pretzels and it hurts even worse.

    I am so weak. Even if it's 100% mental my mind is so weak.

    Help me.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

  2. #2
    not to be trusted miss fortune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Posts
    20,131

    Default

    have you tried working out in the pool instead? My knee totally sucks, so I end up swimming laps instead of using any of the exercize equipment because it hurts to run
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

  3. #3
    Don't Judge Me! Haphazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    6,707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    have you tried working out in the pool instead? My knee totally sucks, so I end up swimming laps instead of using any of the exercize equipment because it hurts to run
    There is nothing physically wrong with me, I'm just fucking crazy, I think is my point.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

  4. #4
    movin melodies kiddykat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4, 7
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    1,115

    Default

    Yeah- I hate muscle pain- lactose build up in the muscles are a beatch.

    Hang in there. Your body will get used to it. Trust.

    Make a shake. Add banana to it. Helps a bunch.

    Once you stop working out, your muscle start to shrink. You won't regret it.

    Edit- Add vitamins/supplements too, if you feel burnt out by it. It's also a mental thing too. Keep your mind busy. Then the pain will be less noticeable.

  5. #5
    Don't Judge Me! Haphazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    6,707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kiddykat View Post
    Yeah- I hate muscle pain- lactose build up in the muscles are a beatch.

    Hang in there. Your body will get used to it. Trust.

    Make a shake. Add banana to it. Helps a bunch.

    Once you stop working out, your muscle start to shrink. You won't regret it.
    I was doing it for months and nothing ever helped. It hurt so much it hurt. I'm crying just thinking about it.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

  6. #6
    movin melodies kiddykat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4, 7
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    1,115

    Default

    Oh I see. What's your diet like?

    I know carbs won't really help. We need carbs for glucose for the brain, but an overload of it can cause us to feel moody.

    Maybe this relates to glycemic index? Those spikes make a difference.

    Low carbs, low sugar, more protein helps with alertness, focus, and mood.

    If you're going to consume carbs (we need it in smaller amounts) go for brown rice. Not only is it good with not making us so drowsy/moody, it's good for bowel movement/intestinal cleansing.

    I used to suffer from this, until I changed my diet. NO enriched carbs. Cut down on 'processed' foods. Eat fresh. Low glycemic index foods help with memory/retention as well as keeping our skins looking bright/healthy. Hope this helps. Since I started doing this, working out is pretty joyful!

  7. #7
    Don't Judge Me! Haphazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    6,707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kiddykat View Post
    Oh I see. What's your diet like?

    I know carbs won't really help. We need carbs for glucose for the brain, but an overload of it can cause us to feel moody.

    Maybe this relates to glycemic index? Those spikes make a difference.

    Low carbs, low sugar, more protein helps with alertness, focus, and mood.
    There is no protein, I can't eat beans, they make me sick.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

  8. #8
    not to be trusted miss fortune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Posts
    20,131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    There is nothing physically wrong with me, I'm just fucking crazy, I think is my point.
    I just suggested it because I find water to be relaxing in a way (if it's shallow enough that I don't have to fear drowning in it... drowning is #1 on my list of ways I don't want to die)
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

  9. #9
    Don't Judge Me! Haphazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    6,707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I just suggested it because I find water to be relaxing in a way (if it's shallow enough that I don't have to fear drowning in it... drowning is #1 on my list of ways I don't want to die)
    The pool is not relaxing at all, it costs money.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

  10. #10
    Scream down the boulevard LadyJaye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx
    Posts
    2,077

    Default

    I have a medical condition that makes me hurt pretty much all the time, so exercise was a big challenge. Perhaps you're doing too much too fast? Have you considered just going for a long walk, or riding a bike? For me, it's always trying to prevent the normal amount of pain from turning into excruciating pain later. So I had to take a slow and steady approach.

Similar Threads

  1. Oh dear, this Girl is so INFP it hurts
    By LEVINA in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 08-02-2009, 07:25 PM
  2. Approaching 40. Will it hurt?
    By Martoon in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 05-21-2007, 11:28 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO