• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

It hurts

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
How do I know if I'm still dehydrated? When does it ever end?

I've heard dehydration causes back pain.

Read this and keep an eye out: Signs and Symptoms of Dehydration

For it to end, you will first have to drink enough fluids for a few days. That is to say, MORE than you would need just to maintain. 64 oz, or half a gallon, is a good target to start with.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That's a lot of ounces... 3 water bottles.

Yup! (I assume you have a 21 oz water bottle?) Can you see how your drinking only 24 oz a day may have caused you to get dehydrated?

There is a chance that 64oz is too much for you - you'll probably know because you'll start feeling bloated and peeing all the time. If that becomes the case, don't force water down just to hit 3 water bottles.

Also, don't drink 64 oz of water AND tea AND soda AND powerade, etc. 64 oz is the total fluid intake.

Anyway - I'm headed out of town so won't be online for at least a few days. Good luck!! You can do this. :)

G

Glycerine

It's half your body weight (in pounds) ounces of water. So if you weigh 150 lbs, you should drink 75 oz. I concur w/ Udog's advice.

G

Glycerine

I don't think you have to drink that much but it's for optimal skin and body care. However, it might help you out w/ your problem.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I hate life.

I hate my body.

I hate my mind.

I need to get restraining orders from them, they continuously abuse me. I think I would have a strong case.

Do you think the doctor will give me valium if I ask him nicely enough?

Phoenix_400

MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
5w6
I gave some good advice on my last post about staying hydrated. Paying attention to your urine color is a good way to check your hydration level.

For exercise, diet, etc, check out the following:

Military field manual for fitness FM 21-20.
http://www.hooah4health.com/4you/FM2021-20.pdf

This is a great program. I gained 20lbs in basic training because of this. There were people in my unit who were very overweight and lost a lot of weight. We had one guy lose 50lbs. Its setup so that everyone is on the same program, but the way that the program is designed the people who need to gain weight gain it and those who need to lose weight lose it.

I'm not suggesting following it word for word, but I would suggest downloading and reading through it if you're bored and need something to do. There's some good general tips in there.

I would highly suggest reading through Chapter 6:Nutrition and Fitness and Chapter 12: Environmental Considerations.

Phoenix_400

MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
5w6
I can't do it right now.

It's too painful to even think about.

Well, that's on you.

I would recommend at least saving the pdf to look at when you come to the point that you think you can at least read through it.

I've given all the useful advice I have to offer on this thread. Its pretty obvious you're not ready to move forward yet. I hope that day comes for you soon. Life is what you make it. Do yourself the honor of making it something amazing.

Good Luck.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I've given all the useful advice I have to offer on this thread. Its pretty obvious you're not ready to move forward yet. I hope that day comes for you soon. Life is what you make it. Do yourself the honor of making it something amazing.

Good Luck.

I kind of don't want to live anymore.

Red October

MBTI Type
INTJ
I kind of don't want to live anymore.

I've been taking most, if not all of your messages in these health threads, with playful sarcasm. Now that I see some other people's more serious reactions, should I not be interpreting this all in a sarcastic and playful manner?

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I've been taking most, if not all of your messages in these health threads, with playful sarcasm. Now that I see some other people's more serious reactions, should I not be interpreting this all in a sarcastic and playful manner?

I don't know, it's your choice.

stringstheory

THIS bitch
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Please get your thyroid checked; you sound like you may have an underactive thyroid. you sound like me 4 years ago in every way, literally, down to your words. It's surprising how much thyroid comes into play in EVERY aspect of health.

Start with this website, look through some of these symptoms Long and Pathetic list of Hypothyroid Symptoms | Stop The Thyroid Madnessâ„¢

Look at what bloodwork you need, because as unfortunate as it is, most doctors have sold out to synthetic thyroid hormone treatment when natural (dessicated) thyroid hormone treatment is a much better option for many people. they test for TSH and ignore other important facets of hypothyroidism. it's important to find a doctor that will pay attention to these things. however, keep in mind that synthetic thyroid DOES work for a lot of people, so if that is an easier/the only option do not let that stop you(the US has been very fishy with dessicated thyroid and i do not like it...i have to get my meds mail ordered from CANADA). it does not matter what you are on as long as it is WORKING and your doctor is monitoring more than just TSH levels. Recommended Labwork | Stop The Thyroid Madnessâ„¢

in my case, my bloodwork literally described EVERY SINGLE THING ABOUT MYSELF I THOUGHT WAS WRONG WITH ME. despite my all caps statement i am not exaggerating, my entire life was literally summed up by my psychiatrists understanding of my bloodwork. these symptoms were my body's cry for help, the bloodwork simply reinforced what my body was telling me.

i know it might be hard to believe but i used to have the exact same symptoms, down to this inexplicable pain and the utter disgust it provoked. learning that i had an under active thyroid changed my life. while exercise still is not the most enjoyable thing for me, it's no longer a crippling sensation. i spent all my life trying to push through this awful pain and getting nowhere with it, going crazy in the meantime. since i have started my treatment i have lost over 80 pounds while simply improving my diet (gluten free, high protein/moderate fat/low carb), taking my medication as directed and going on walks. that's it. please consider this option, the way it sounds to me this isn't your fault.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
My bloodwork only describes that I have high androgens and insulin.

It's not true to say that I have only gained weight. I have lost weight, and kept the weight off. The only thing is that this weight loss has coincided with illness. So maybe... I'm just trying to make myself sick again...