• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

It hurts

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Heyla Haphazard... I read through the thread.

What is it in your life that you can control right now? It doesn't matter how small it is... but something positive, something you can do?

Can you drink a glass of water? Could you go for a short walk right now?

Just curious.

I could probably go for a short walk right now. I mean it's hot and people would yell at me to stay in the house but I think I could probably do it. It'd have to be really short, though.

Water, probably.

I tried to do some stretching. Once I got to a back stretch it hurt too much so I had to stop. The ibuprofen doesn't seem to be helping.

Zoom

Self sustaining supernova
Enneagram
9w8
I could probably go for a short walk right now. I mean it's hot and people would yell at me to stay in the house but I think I could probably do it. It'd have to be really short, though.

Water, probably.

I tried to do some stretching. Once I got to a back stretch it hurt too much so I had to stop. The ibuprofen doesn't seem to be helping.

Holy schneikies you replied quickly. :) I was going to delete it because I didn't know if I would be helpful, but as it is: I remember being catatonic. I remember my own mind being one of my worst enemies, and not really having a support system. I remember the effect of little things - taking a walk, making sure I ate good things or that I ate enough in the first place - that they did assist in making me feel like I had control over something.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
1.4 mi walk

27 minutes

heart rate: 153 bpm

Yeah, I couldn't believe it either.

Zoom

Enneagram
9w8
Well, feeling unbelievable is certainly a positive step.

I would let out my inner cheerleader but I am concerned about scaring you.

Good job, Haphazard.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Well, feeling unbelievable is certainly a positive step.

I would let out my inner cheerleader but I am concerned about scaring you.

Good job, Haphazard.

I meant more in the way "holy fuck what the fuck is wrong with me", but yours is good too.

Zoom

Enneagram
9w8
Hey, ye know what? You did something, a positive act.

Perhaps try another small one tomorrow.

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
You're an ENFJ without real life friends...:shocking:
This is one of those things that should be a top priority to your existence. It wouldn't be a wonder if that is detrimental to your overall state of being. Such a thing would make me wither up and die inside of a flesh-sack shell. This is especially so if you feel a degree of it could be in your head. There are times when people can make themselves ill over something and this may not be a completely obvious factor, but it could be a very important one.
:hug:

Glad to hear you got out for a walk. That's awesome. Definitely keep it up when you can.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Hey, ye know what? You did something, a positive act.

Perhaps try another small one tomorrow.

It probably won't happen again, considering it's supposed to get really hot tomorrow.

I'll put my food diary stuff here, I guess.

Toniq = 80
Vitamin water = 100
Shrimp = 77
Sauce = 30
Olive oil = 120
Bread = 120
Pizza = 238
Apple = 60
Cantalope = 23

=848 total

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
It probably won't happen again, considering it's supposed to get really hot tomorrow.

I'll put my food diary stuff here, I guess.

Toniq = 80
Vitamin water = 100
Shrimp = 77
Sauce = 30
Olive oil = 120
Bread = 120
Pizza = 238
Apple = 60
Cantalope = 23

=848 total

Make sure you stay within 800 to 1000 calories a day at least even if you're trying to lose weight, otherwise you're starving your body.

You really should try to walk in the morning or evening so the heat isn't an issue. That's what I do.

I mean, I can walk, do an aerobics DVD, and swim all in one day...you CAN take a walk, unless you really are sick, and in that case you really need to see a doctor and ask him or her about fibromyalgia or other muscle conditions.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Make sure you stay within 800 to 1000 calories a day at least even if you're trying to lose weight, otherwise you're starving your body.

You really should try to walk in the morning or evening so the heat isn't an issue. That's what I do.

I mean, I can walk, do an aerobics DVD, and swim all in one day...you CAN take a walk, unless you really are sick, and in that case you really need to see a doctor and ask him or her about fibromyalgia or other muscle conditions.

I don't live in the desert. The heat doesn't go down at night.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I don't live in the desert. The heat doesn't go down at night.

I lived in WV and NC -it's pretty humid in NC especially- for most of my life and still could take walks.

I'm just saying.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
You read the stats, that was on a good day.

I think lately where I live has been more humid than NC.

My old roommate and I used to walk around downtown Raleigh in the middle of the afternoon in the summer time when we didn't have a car.

I used to walk in Vegas when it was over 105 degrees.

I'm not saying that these things are pleasant, but certainly it can't be that bad at night.

The fact that you're making such an issue out of this makes me believe that your issue is psychological.

I mean, I feel REALLY BAD FOR YOU if this is related to some sort of condition, but in that case you really need to seek treatment.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
My old roommate and I used to walk around downtown Raleigh in the middle of the afternoon in the summer time when we didn't have a car.

I used to walk in Vegas when it was over 105 degrees.

I'm not saying that these things are pleasant, but certainly it can't be that bad at night.

The fact that you're making such an issue out of this makes me believe that your issue is psychological.

I mean, I feel REALLY BAD FOR YOU if this is related to some sort of condition, but in that case you really need to seek treatment.

Vegas in the summer is not bad. Vegas in the summer is nice.

I told my shrink how horrible my walks had been...

and she looked at me like I was crazy that I was walking so long in this weather. The middle of the night is different than the early morning or evening, when the heat index is still 100 degrees.

The heat helped me get sick in the first place.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Vegas in the summer is not bad. Vegas in the summer is nice.

You're joking right? Vegas in mid-June sometimes through early October can get up to 120 degrees, which is heat beating down on your brain and cooking you basically once it gets over 110 or so...which is why people wear hats, carry umbrellas, or wet their head. I lived there for six years. 120 degrees isn't "nice" anywhere. That's why tourism to Las Vegas is at its LOWEST in the summer months.

However, it does become pleasant at night when it drops to 90 or so.

I told my shrink how horrible my walks had been...

and she looked at me like I was crazy that I was walking so long in this weather. The middle of the night is different than the early morning or evening, when the heat index is still 100 degrees.

The heat helped me get sick in the first place.

Mornings in NC are dewy and cooler, take your walks then. I lived there for ten years....

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
You're joking right? Vegas in mid-June sometimes through early October can get up to 120 degrees, which is heat beating down on your brain and cooking you basically once it gets over 110 or so...which is why people wear hats, carry umbrellas, or wet their head. I lived there for six years. 120 degrees isn't "nice" anywhere. That's why tourism to Las Vegas is at its LOWEST in the summer months.

However, it does become pleasant at night when it drops to 90 or so.

Mornings in NC are dewy and cooler, take your walks then. I lived there for ten years....

I don't know if I'm joking, August there was lovely for me....

I don't live in NC, remember.

A week without air conditioning made me very sick here. Maybe that was just me being stupid, though. No one else got sick. It's just me and my stupidness.

All this pain is just my body responding to all my fat, probably.

Phoenix_400

MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
5w6
I'm in agreement with Marm. I grew up in Bama and have been livin in NC for years. Ya think walking can suck here? Try spending a few years driving a black car with no A/C. The humidity is the roughest part. I could handle 120* in Iraq better than 98* in the South. The humidity sucks moisture out of your body. I'd also suggest taking walks in the early morning/late evening. Defintely not in the middle of the day. There may not be a huge temperature change, but even a couple of degrees can make a big difference. Its also makes a difference not havig the midday sun beating down on you.

Water intake is critical to avoid heat exhaustion/stroke. Drink plenty but try not to go over 1 quart an hour. You can actually over-hydrate and make yourself sick. Pay attention to your urine color when you go to the bathroom. It should be either clear or a very light yellow. If it starts getting darker, it means you're getting dehydrated and need to up your water intake.

I'd also suggest alternating water and gatorade. Gatorade restores electrolytes and helps your body make use of the water. Eating jello is good for this too. Hydrate the day before if you know you're going to be doing a lot of physical activity. Don't drink water that's too cold if you need to hydrate quickly. Body doesn't process water until it matches body temp. Luke-warm to slighty cool water gets processed into your system much faster than really cold water.

Good Luck! :)

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I'm in agreement with Marm. I grew up in Bama and have been livin in NC for years. Ya think walking can suck here? Try spending a few years driving a black car with no A/C. The humidity is the roughest part. I could handle 120* in Iraq better than 98* in the South. The humidity sucks moisture out of your body. I'd also suggest taking walks in the early morning/late evening. Defintely not in the middle of the day. There may not be a huge temperature change, but even a couple of degrees can make a big difference. Its also makes a difference not havig the midday sun beating down on you.

This is exactly what I've been doing.

It's like the South here only more volatile. You get good days sometimes like yesterday.

Not that this, you know, matters. Back pain and all.

I'll be moving to Minneapolis in the Fall...

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
2 miles

36.5 minutes

180 bpm

And that was in a cold basement, and I'm still sweating like the pig I am, and that doesn't matter, it doesn't matter at all, I could have sprinted 20 miles, I could eat everything I wanted and not gain any weight, because you see, weakness and disease are all in the head, the body has no effect on the body, these are two entirely separate entities, only the mind has an effect on the body, that's it, any sickness is entirely my own fault and if I didn't just try to heal it and keep going it would go away because it doesn't need to heal because it's just imaginary and I'm only ever sick because I'm a sinner, sinner, sinner...

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Your heart rate seems awful high for just walking. I mean, you aren't running?

Are you having panic attacks or something?

Or are you in that much physical pain?