• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

It hurts

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Can I stab my legs and get my pain done for the week?

Can I flay off my skin? Tear off my scalp? Pluck out my eyes? What will be good enough?

It was such a relief to know I was sick. I felt so much better as soon as I was officially ill.

Eh... you've mentioned more than once you think it's in your head; we could change the subject to something totally outside of pain, and the gist of what I said could still apply.

I can't agree or disagree, as I am not experiencing what you are experiencing. Others have already suggested you may want to get a medical evalution and discuss the pain. Your descriptions seem outside the norm.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
1) Diagnose the problem of your physical pain if there is one. Something tells me this is in your head more than your body but never ignore body pain. See a professional so that they can determine this and you can knock this off the checklist of your roadblocks towards a healthier life.

2) Eliminate your mental blocks.

You seem depressed, self defeating and scared. Attitude has much to do with success in this realm and if you feel like you can't do something - you won't be able to summon enough determination or desire to accomplish anything and you will fail.

Take one step at a time. Answer the question: "What do I want?" then "What is the first step to me getting there?" then snap into consistent action but be patient with your results. It does not happen overnight.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Are you looking for advice or just someone to listen?

If the former, you really need to see a doctor - an MD or a psychologist, and preferably both. These kinds of things can't be resolved over the internet; you need a professional opinion. These thoughts/painful feelings can be dealt with! Just not by random people on the internet, necessarily.

You will also be very unwell without any protein in your diet, particularly when exercising. If you're vegetarian, there are other options besides beans, and many ways to prepare food so it's delicious.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Hmm....how much water do you drink in a day, by the way?

What is your diet like?

How many times a week do you workout?

I used to drink more water, but I don't anymore.

I hate eating now. I can barely bring myself to eat anything.

I don't work out anymore, it's too painful. I used to walk nearly 2 miles a day but that stopped.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Are you looking for advice or just someone to listen?

If the former, you really need to see a doctor - an MD or a psychologist, and preferably both. These kinds of things can't be resolved over the internet; you need a professional opinion. These thoughts/painful feelings can be dealt with! Just not by random people on the internet, necessarily.

You will also be very unwell without any protein in your diet, particularly when exercising. If you're vegetarian, there are other options besides beans, and many ways to prepare food so it's delicious.

I did start to go to a psychologist but it's very difficult to explain this to her, especially at the first meeting, I'm still trying to get my thoughts together, as I said when I tried to say something about this she gave me a funny look, I think she doesn't believe me.

Kingfisher

full of love
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
hi haphazard,
what kind of pain do you mean? what is it like? what does it feel like?

i think for now if you push yourself as much as you can, and stop when you feel fatigued or pain. and talk to a trainer - be real frank and open and straightforward with them, lay everything out on the table.

why do you want to exercise/work out?
sometimes you have to accept some pain when you are pursuing something you really want. just like with work, or love, or anything!

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
hi haphazard,
what kind of pain do you mean? what is it like? what does it feel like?

i think for now if you push yourself as much as you can, and stop when you feel fatigued or pain. and talk to a trainer - be real frank and open and straightforward with them, lay everything out on the table.

why do you want to exercise/work out?
sometimes you have to accept some pain when you are pursuing something you really want. just like with work, or love, or anything!

It's probably normal soreness but it's so incredibly painful. You know, because I'm probably crazy.

Maybe because I hate gym classes. I hate people yelling at me and people are always yelling at me to go faster and work harder and damn the pain even though I can't do anymore. I liked the buns of steel guy. He had a nice soft voice. It was like painting happy trees with that blond afro guy only not.

I want to exercise so I don't become diabetic but I'm pretty sure that's inevitable anyway, I don't know if exercise will help at all.

Usehername

On a mission
Hap, we're all physically removed from you, so we're going to need you to be your own friend here. Being your own friend is such a good life strategy. (e.g., I need to say to myself, Usehername! Make that phone call tomorrow, because it's in your best interests to do that on time!)

Maybe you're not at the place where you can push yourself into pristine physical condition, but you are at the place where you can pick up the phone and call a local friend/acquaintance/anyone who is also interested on getting in better shape and agreeing to meet up with them.

Showing up is 90% of the work. Given your situation I'd focus more on easy exercise but regular repetition. The whole point of an exercise buddy is to feel accountable to them and guilt you enough to get outside.

And you know it's BS about walking. Walking is good for you, it does make a difference, so at the very least get back to regular walking.

Jonny

null
MBTI Type
FREE
I can't bring myself to exercise anymore.

It hurts too much. It really does. And hurting is the only way I know it's working but I don't want it to hurt because it hurts. I don't know how I stood it back when I was in gym class because every time I think back to that class I only remember it as being horrifically painful, in pain every single fucking day of my life and nothing ever getting any better.

I can't do this anymore. I know I need to work out or else I'll be diabetic in like five years so I need to exercise but I can't because I think it will be horrifically painful like it was back then.

And I know it will be, because that's the only way I know it will work.

And because I know it will be, my body tenses into pretzels and it hurts even worse.

I am so weak. Even if it's 100% mental my mind is so weak.

Help me.

Are you overweight? If so, what is your BMI?

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Are you overweight? If so, what is your BMI?

BMI = 27.5, so yes, very overweight...Then again I'm apparently so small that losing 10 punds brings me from 'obese' to merely overweight. Four months of exercise and I only lose 5, and in April I lost 5 when I was sick that never came back.

Jonny

null
MBTI Type
FREE
If you're having trouble losing weight through exercise, I would consider severe calorie restriction. Your best bet is to drop your calories down to around 1000 or less for the first few days, and gradually bring your intake up to around 1200 (the initial lower amount is to shrink your stomach and get some "instant" results; water weight, but still psychologically motivating).

Generally, it is far easier to stick with calorie restriction than exercise, especially when you are overweight. You'll notice the improvement (on the scale) more easily, and be able to focus on your weight as a motivating factor. Once you get down to a bmi of 24 or so, then you can slowly increase your calorie intake (focusing on healthy foods). Once you're back up to a reasonable amount of calories, you can begin working out.

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
See a doctor. Extreme soreness form exercise is not a normal response. Fibromyalgia can cause soreness, and it can also be treated with medication. I highly doubt that you are lacking in protein.
It sounds like you have an aversion to exercise as well, and this could be driven by unpleasant or humiliating experiences in the past. If you can identify them, good, but it's not necessary to work toward having more confidence.
Being inhibited by pain and by aversion will leave you feeling helpless. The path out is to examine both things very carefully, and begin to unravel them. But do see a doctor. Tell him/her about the pain. Be specific about what causes it, and where it is (saying 'it hurts everywhere' will not facilitate this process, really examine what's going on).
Now think about the kinds of exercise that bother you. Are you emotionally uncomfortable? With what? Do you feel vulnerable? What would lessen this feeling? Really examine what's going on. If thinking about it is hard, then that's another thing to examine.

ilovelurking

MBTI Type
INFJ
I used to drink more water, but I don't anymore.

I hate eating now. I can barely bring myself to eat anything.

I don't work out anymore, it's too painful. I used to walk nearly 2 miles a day but that stopped.

Drinking more water is gonna help you to detox, rehydrate, lose some weight etc.

It is best to look for someone who can check your body fat percentage instead of the idea of 'losing weight' because weight includes many factors: body water, muscle mass, body fat, bone mass. Also, by my experience as a coach, there are people who thought they're losing the fat but instead losing muscle mass due to poor diet and not drinking enough water. 2 litres at least, in a day.

I wish I can help you but I live half away across the globe. Seek a nutritionist if you find personal trainers challenging.

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Fibromyalgia?
Did you see a doc?

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Today at orientation had some mild walking and it has really floored me, throat and lungs burning. I hope I can just call that illness, this has never happened before...

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Today at orientation had some mild walking and it has really floored me, throat and lungs burning. I hope I can just call that illness, this has never happened before...

That's really your body telling you to get off TypeC and see a doctor pronto.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I think I am feeling better from two days ago. Then again I just spent about 11 hours in a car so it's hard to tell.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
1.4 mile walk today, completely exhausting. And to think I used to enjoy that...