User Tag List

First 5678917 Last

Results 61 to 70 of 237

Thread: It hurts

  1. #61
    Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Posts
    2,934

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    1.4 mile walk today, completely exhausting. And to think I used to enjoy that...

    Everyday, when I have to go to work, I walk about 3 miles (minimum), and to a rather swift speed. So that shouldn't be too difficult.

    Yes, one of the main issue (and solution) could be how your average diet is.

    The idea could be to regulate it, not to suppress it. Salad and green vegetables often are a good solution: this way you're not hungry.
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

    7w8 SCUxI

  2. #62
    Don't Judge Me! Haphazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    6,707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    Everyday, when I have to go to work, I walk about 3 miles (minimum), and to a rather swift speed. So that shouldn't be too difficult.

    Yes, one of the main issue (and solution) could be how your average diet is.

    The idea could be to regulate it, not to suppress it. Salad and green vegetables often are a good solution: this way you're not hungry.
    Green vegetables activate my gag reflexes. Except zucchini. But those aren't in season...

    You're a lot healthier than I am, remember. I managed to get myself sick out of sheer willpower. Or something.

    I'm so worried about school.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

  3. #63
    Don't Judge Me! Haphazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    6,707

    Default

    I gained three pounds this week.

    I'm disgusting.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

  4. #64
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    180

    Default

    Remember what I typed before: many people mistake that as gaining body fats instead of muscle mass. Muscle mass is a lil' bit heavier than body fats.

    No need to worry so much about the increase in weight, just keep doing what you're doing and remember to drink your water.

  5. #65

    Default

    Like lurking said above me, you can't go by your weight. You need to go by your body composition.

    I don't know why it hurts. Could be diet, could be mental, could be physical. What do you think it is? It is more than likely a combination of all three.

    What do you want to do?
    What kind of things have worked for you?
    What activities do you like?

    Please...
    Answer what you want, not what you don't.
    Tell me what has worked, not what hasn't.
    What you do like, not what you don't.

    Walking does help. Start from where you are.

  6. #66
    Don't Judge Me! Haphazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    6,707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ilovelurking View Post
    Remember what I typed before: many people mistake that as gaining body fats instead of muscle mass. Muscle mass is a lil' bit heavier than body fats.

    No need to worry so much about the increase in weight, just keep doing what you're doing and remember to drink your water.
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    Like lurking said above me, you can't go by your weight. You need to go by your body composition.

    I don't know why it hurts. Could be diet, could be mental, could be physical. What do you think it is? It is more than likely a combination of all three.

    What do you want to do?
    What kind of things have worked for you?
    What activities do you like?

    Please...
    Answer what you want, not what you don't.
    Tell me what has worked, not what hasn't.
    What you do like, not what you don't.

    Walking does help. Start from where you are.
    Something told me my body is like 50% fat.

    I have no idea how I could have gained muscle. I walked around a little for about a day, you don't gain 3 pounds of muscle mass by doing that. After that I've done nothing but "rest" (as in nothing) and eat.

    What I want: not to become diabetic

    What has worked: Whenever I lose weight it's always very suddenly, and when I'm sick. Exercising has not done anything for me, and neither has diet. However, the week I ate carob I lost weight too.

    What I like: I can't really think of anything right now. I kind of hate everything, even walking right now, I walk a tiny bit around at the mall and I have to sleep.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

  7. #67
    insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,489

    Default

    Seriously, you need to talk to a doctor/psychiatrist and tell them how you're feeling. When you address the depression and negative thoughts, the rest will be a lot easier to manage.

    All this thinking and talking is like running on a treadmill. You need actions if you want to get somewhere and stop wasting your energy.
    -end of thread-

  8. #68
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    180

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    Something told me my body is like 50% fat.

    I have no idea how I could have gained muscle. I walked around a little for about a day, you don't gain 3 pounds of muscle mass by doing that. After that I've done nothing but "rest" (as in nothing) and eat.

    What I want: not to become diabetic

    What has worked: Whenever I lose weight it's always very suddenly, and when I'm sick. Exercising has not done anything for me, and neither has diet. However, the week I ate carob I lost weight too.

    What I like: I can't really think of anything right now. I kind of hate everything, even walking right now, I walk a tiny bit around at the mall and I have to sleep.
    50%? No problem. I've met people such as you.

    Your body is adjusting itself to that walk by asking you to rest because currently that is only so much your body can handle. If you ever tried running, that is something you can do once you have gained momentum and stamina.

    My dear, no need to rush. You're in the right direction. Do this slowly and at the pace your body can handle. Noone wants to be diabetic. Even me. Or my dad. Or my late grandfather. I don't know what you eat every day because I don't see you in person but please, carbohydrate is important. You can still have it just maybe a little less but not none at all. Remember, at least 2 litres of water in a day.

  9. #69
    Don't Judge Me! Haphazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    6,707

    Default

    ugh.

    2 plums, quinoa, cheese, cheeseburger (no bun), chips, 2 cokes.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

  10. #70
    Senior Member Sparrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,532

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    I can't bring myself to exercise anymore.

    It hurts too much. It really does. And hurting is the only way I know it's working but I don't want it to hurt because it hurts. I don't know how I stood it back when I was in gym class because every time I think back to that class I only remember it as being horrifically painful, in pain every single fucking day of my life and nothing ever getting any better.

    I can't do this anymore. I know I need to work out or else I'll be diabetic in like five years so I need to exercise but I can't because I think it will be horrifically painful like it was back then.

    And I know it will be, because that's the only way I know it will work.

    And because I know it will be, my body tenses into pretzels and it hurts even worse.

    I am so weak. Even if it's 100% mental my mind is so weak.

    Help me.
    Its supposed to hurt! Discipline and determination is all you need You can do it!

Similar Threads

  1. Oh dear, this Girl is so INFP it hurts
    By LEVINA in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 08-02-2009, 07:25 PM
  2. Approaching 40. Will it hurt?
    By Martoon in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 05-21-2007, 11:28 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO