User Tag List

First 4567816 Last

Thread: It hurts

MBTI
    FREE

If you're having trouble losing weight through exercise, I would consider severe calorie restriction. Your best bet is to drop your calories down to around 1000 or less for the first few days, and gradually bring your intake up to around 1200 (the initial lower amount is to shrink your stomach and get some "instant" results; water weight, but still psychologically motivating).

Generally, it is far easier to stick with calorie restriction than exercise, especially when you are overweight. You'll notice the improvement (on the scale) more easily, and be able to focus on your weight as a motivating factor. Once you get down to a bmi of 24 or so, then you can slowly increase your calorie intake (focusing on healthy foods). Once you're back up to a reasonable amount of calories, you can begin working out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

See a doctor. Extreme soreness form exercise is not a normal response. Fibromyalgia can cause soreness, and it can also be treated with medication. I highly doubt that you are lacking in protein.
    It sounds like you have an aversion to exercise as well, and this could be driven by unpleasant or humiliating experiences in the past. If you can identify them, good, but it's not necessary to work toward having more confidence.
    Being inhibited by pain and by aversion will leave you feeling helpless. The path out is to examine both things very carefully, and begin to unravel them. But do see a doctor. Tell him/her about the pain. Be specific about what causes it, and where it is (saying 'it hurts everywhere' will not facilitate this process, really examine what's going on).
    Now think about the kinds of exercise that bother you. Are you emotionally uncomfortable? With what? Do you feel vulnerable? What would lessen this feeling? Really examine what's going on. If thinking about it is hard, then that's another thing to examine.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    I used to drink more water, but I don't anymore.

I hate eating now. I can barely bring myself to eat anything.

I don't work out anymore, it's too painful. I used to walk nearly 2 miles a day but that stopped.
    Drinking more water is gonna help you to detox, rehydrate, lose some weight etc.

It is best to look for someone who can check your body fat percentage instead of the idea of 'losing weight' because weight includes many factors: body water, muscle mass, body fat, bone mass. Also, by my experience as a coach, there are people who thought they're losing the fat but instead losing muscle mass due to poor diet and not drinking enough water. 2 litres at least, in a day.

I wish I can help you but I live half away across the globe. Seek a nutritionist if you find personal trainers challenging.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 so/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Fibromyalgia?
    Did you see a doc?

MBTI
    ENFJ

Today at orientation had some mild walking and it has really floored me, throat and lungs burning. I hope I can just call that illness, this has never happened before...
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 so/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    Today at orientation had some mild walking and it has really floored me, throat and lungs burning. I hope I can just call that illness, this has never happened before...
    That's really your body telling you to get off TypeC and see a doctor pronto.

MBTI
    ENFJ

I think I am feeling better from two days ago. Then again I just spent about 11 hours in a car so it's hard to tell.

MBTI
    ENFJ

1.4 mile walk today, completely exhausting. And to think I used to enjoy that...

MBTI
    INFJ

Remember to fuel your body the right way, dear.

MBTI
    ENFJ

I don't understand, am I supposed to rest or kill myself with work?