User Tag List

First 61415161718 Last

Thread: It hurts

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by yourfriendjaneen View Post
    Good for you yea, I cant stand HEAT at all. What do you want to major in?
    Languages/Math. But it's hard to get in requirements if you're taking two languages at once.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

Yeah when I had mono I got reeeeeally dehydrated and my heart rate went way up, even when I was just sitting on the doctor's table. It could definitely be dehydration that's making yours so high.

I like Zoom's suggestion of trying to see if there's not one thing that you can control. Drinking water/gatorade on a regular basis sufficient to keep yourself hydrated could be a great start. Once you've done that for a week or so, see how things seem from there.

Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    All of them

any illness is all in my head, I just need to man up and hurt myself.
    Can you be more specific than "all of them"? What specifically are people saying in this thread that make you think they are telling you it's all in your head, and you should continue to hurt yourself.

Also, if you can see my brutal honesty here as a sign of respect, may I say that you seem to be very good at doing the things that hurt yourself. What you aren't so good at is doing the things that will make you feel better. (For example, you've been exercising to the point of extreme pain for over 6 months now - yet you still seem to struggle with drinking enough fluids to maintain proper hydration.)

Speaking of, did you get your quota for water and/or powerade today? Including an extra couple of glasses to make up for the sweat you lost while exercising?

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    Can you be more specific than "all of them"? What specifically are people saying in this thread that make you think they are telling you it's all in your head, and you should continue to hurt yourself.

Also, if you can see my brutal honesty here as a sign of respect, may I say that you seem to be very good at doing the things that hurt yourself. What you aren't so good at is doing the things that will make you feel better. (For example, you've been exercising to the point of extreme pain for over 6 months now - yet you still seem to struggle with drinking enough fluids to maintain proper hydration.)

Speaking of, did you get your quota for water and/or powerade today? Including an extra couple of glasses to make up for the sweat you lost while exercising?
    There were a lot of people who said exercise requires pain.

I do not think I was exercising to such a point, I just have an obscenely low pain tolerance. So what seems like I'm punishing myself would be something everyone else would shrug off.

Umm...

A glass for lunch. Two and a half glasses for dinner... and then I had a soda...

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    There were a lot of people who said exercise requires pain.
    Yes, but it shouldn't be the "something is horribly wrong" type of pain, but rather a soreness.

I do not think I was exercising to such a point, I just have an obscenely low pain tolerance. So what seems like I'm punishing myself would be something everyone else would shrug off.
    Maybe - I have no real way of knowing either way - but right now, while you are still probably dehydrated, isn't the time to try and tough it out.

Plus, you do tend to push yourself harder than you probably should for your fitness level.

A glass for lunch. Two and a half glasses for dinner... and then I had a soda...
    So that's 1/2 of a glass, plus a 12 oz soda, more than you had been drinking? Well, that's a start.

My suggestion for the next step is to drink a glass a water first thing in the morning - right after you wake up. Your body is naturally a bit dehydrated in the morning, so that's a good time to get something in there.

MBTI
    ENFJ

How do I know if I'm still dehydrated? When does it ever end?

I've heard dehydration causes back pain.

Enneagram
    9w8

Hi Haphazard. May I share a few thoughts?

Water is indeed a daily need which does not end as much as be abated by drinking some. However, it ends up seeming like much less of a big deal when it becomes part of your normal routine. Some people carry around canteens or water bottles - I drink a lot of herbal tea.

This is especially true if you live in a hot area, which I used to (College Station/Bryan, Texas). I love iced mint, jasmine, or green tea... if you don't like tea, make lemonade. Whatever ye want*.

If you like this sort of thing, I also eat a lot of frozen fruit... in solid form, not as a smoothie. I overheat quite easily and take about ten minutes in contact with direct sunlight to burn. Vampiric genes, I've been told. Taking fruit directly from the freezer and eating it is a bit like consuming frozen sorbet in a weird form.

Ye don't have to do or attempt all of these at once... maybe just take something that sounds pleasant or tasty and try it.

*Soda, however, would not be a suggestion of mine to consume as a form of hydration as much as a treat.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Iced mint tea?

Sounds okay... but it might need sugar. Usually I put sugar in my iced tea, or at least milk.

Why no smoothies?

I don't know about the paleness. I'm very pale, but I don't burn or tan for a very long time. So, I guess that's not very vampirelike.

Enneagram
    9w8

The vampiric genes referred to meself.

The only reason I don't make smoothies more often is that they take longer than just grabbing the fruit and stuff from the fridge.

Smoothies can be good, if you like them and use good ingredients.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Zoom View Post
    The vampiric genes referred to meself.

The only reason I don't make smoothies more often is that they take longer than just grabbing the fruit and stuff from the fridge.

Smoothies can be good, if you like them and use good ingredients.
    Well, we don't have a blender anymore, so a smoothie would be very difficult, lol.

I'm just wondering what that would be, pale, no tan, no burn... not a vampire. Maybe more like a doll.